PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead Season 3

Clovis
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 01:24 PM
If you thought season 2 was moving slow and lost interest then now's a good time to get back into Zombies!! :)

Season 3 is really good so far!

TransNone13
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 01:26 PM
It is good, but I don't like the whole little village thing going on. ie Episode 3.

mdub
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 01:35 PM
eh...peaks interest....gov'nr has a nice collection of heads in jars...

TransNone13
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah, that part was interesting. Like a scene from Futurama.

~Barn~
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I'm ready for the series to wrap-up by the end of 3.5 or 4.

mdub
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 01:53 PM
hmm...man i want it to go as long as it can.....

Vance
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I very much like the slight derivations from the comic so far... surprise deaths, hybrid characters,... so I am really interested in seeing what they decide to do with The Governor.

I for one am hopeful however the net result of his characterization comes true. I'm tired of the character. Time to die.

Will the Thrill
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Where can I watch season 3 episodes online??

Cataract2
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Where can I watch season 3 episodes online??
movies2k or tv links

Just good them.

Anyone else waiting for Lori to die?

Captain Obvious
Mon Oct 29th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Yes on Lori. Loved the scene in season 2 where Andrea dressed her down about how hard she has it, husband, son, boyfriend....

Hope this goes on as long as it continues to be good and unique entertainment. Never read the original.

#1Townie
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Hey you guys know any websites i can catch up? Dish has finally pulled their heads out of their ass and i can watch the next episode but i would like to catch up on the first three.

TransNone13
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 08:57 AM
There's this one website run by pirates where you can get them.... ;)

birchyboy
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Yes on Lori. Loved the scene in season 2 where Andrea dressed her down about how hard she has it, husband, son, boyfriend....

Hope this goes on as long as it continues to be good and unique entertainment. Never read the original.

Ditto. Lori can go, Andrea needs to get back to her health, hot, walker-ass-kicking self again. I've never read the comics but am glad the story is branching out to something beyond Rick et al.

modette99
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks for this thread.

I downloaded the 3 episodes for season three last night in HD...LOL Burned them to DVD while I went to bed and have them to watch in a bit. Kickasstorrants is what I use. Then I use ConvertXtoDVD to make the DVD.

I don't have cable...and before someone goes on about not legal...no different then the VHS days and that seemed okay to do.

modette99
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Andrea is the WORST character. I see she ditched the Ghetto shoplifting purse finally. She whines and complains too much. Episode 3 she whines to the Governor that he killed the helicopter crew...we already knew and so did she you turn when you die as the virus is in you already. I hope she gets it soon...

Not sure why they dragged out killing the prisoner that was an ass from the start. I know its a TV show and they need to make it long enough, hence the slowness.

Not sure why they put the two inmates left in their own wing. Seemed they could of used them to help out. Yeah I read the comic as I had downloaded it and its so far much faster then in the comic that was dragging things out.

I wonder if the rape scene will be as brutal as the comic, or the death of the Governor...I feel it probably will not be.

I can understand why the Governor killed the military guys for the supplies...but they also could of had more information an like where might be a good place to go, supplies and what have you.

The one flaw, is its mentioned in Episode 1 that they basically went in a circle...really Road maps be common at all gas stations. Doe snot take rocket science to read a map. I would think with autos they would have covered 1,000-2,000 miles since the farm....not sure why they would stop at every house to look around...big waste of time there.

Season 3 seems to be slowed down and I lost interest already...3 more weeks I'll download the next 3.

#1Townie
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Really? Waste if time searching for things? Its the end of the world. There is no such thing as a wasted time. Lol. Just think how fake it would seem if every time they stopped just about oyt of fuel amd food they came across fresh supplies. Kind of like old action movies where guys never reloaded. Lol

birchyboy
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Andrea is the WORST character. I see she ditched the Ghetto shoplifting purse finally. She whines and complains too much. Episode 3 she whines to the Governor that he killed the helicopter crew...we already knew and so did she you turn when you die as the virus is in you already. I hope she gets it soon...

I don't think that Andrea knew that you turn as soon as you die. IIRC, Rick didn't find that out until Shane died, and by the time he got around to telling everyone Andrea had been left behind.

mdub
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Not sure why they put the two inmates left in their own wing. Seemed they could of used them to help out. Yeah I read the comic as I had downloaded it and its so far much faster then in the comic that was dragging things out.

I wonder if the rape scene will be as brutal as the comic, or the death of the Governor...I feel it probably will not be.

I can understand why the Governor killed the military guys for the supplies...but they also could of had more information an like where might be a good place to go, supplies and what have you.

The one flaw, is its mentioned in Episode 1 that they basically went in a circle...really Road maps be common at all gas stations. Doe snot take rocket science to read a map. I would think with autos they would have covered 1,000-2,000 miles since the farm....not sure why they would stop at every house to look around...big waste of time there.

Season 3 seems to be slowed down and I lost interest already...3 more weeks I'll download the next 3.

no surprise the gov'nr would be a rapist. i'm I correct? What is the deal with the collection of heads in his private room? Just a true wing-nut?

Wrider
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM

I agree she's a bad character, also hopes she gets it soon.

Not sure why they dragged out killing the prisoner that was an ass from the start. I know its a TV show and they need to make it long enough, hence the slowness.

Or why they stood face to face for a half a minute, much less why the prisoner didn't even try to defend himself.

They'd already cleared the wing, the prisoners had wanted their own area, and it gets rid of the trust issues from new people into the group.

Put in white as a spoiler alert for those of us who haven't read the comic please.

Do you need to get somewhere by a particular time? You're looking for a safe spot, why not check out every potential safe spot for supplies as well?

Personally I like Season 3 so far. Also been watching Supernatural and that's hilarious with the fun the writers have with it.

Clovis
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Cool, thanks for throwing that little spoiler about rape the gov in there. You know, not everyone has read the comic...

mdub
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 06:42 PM
when that comes around i'm fast forwarding that crap...no one wants to see that...

modette99
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I read the comic after being told here...LOL So I assumed most of you had. I guess I was never one to be effected by being told an outcome...most of the outcomes in this series has been predictable anyways. Only one I want to see come true is the black guy and kid from the first episode from season 1 come back into the picture somehow.

Wrider - Yeah the whole standoff was a little silly considering they did it like 3 times. Sorry that guy be dead the first meeting for being a dick. The other prisoners were not bad...and the two left, no reason to separate them. Trust issues...LOL It might be a new world but you need to bring new people into your group to grow it. Maybe lock them up in a cell or let them stay int he outer area of the block that also had a bared-door.

I doubt they put in the rape, or some of the other stuff at least on this TV channel (AMC). Comic was pretty gross for some of that stuff, X Rated for TV.

birchyboy - You might be right about Andrea not knowing...I figured that out a LONG time ago...so I assumed the Character would have, but she is not that bright. Heck none of the characters are. But alas again that is TV we are suppose to be smarter as a viewer, if the show made viewers feel dumb then they don't watch, if they make the viewer say "I told you" you feel smart and continue to watch ;-)

It's not a terrible show...and probably one of the best Zombie, end of the world shows to come along. Considering for the most part I never liked Zombie type movies its not bad.

Wrider
Wed Oct 31st, 2012, 01:39 AM
Agreed on the black guy and the kid from the first season. I've been wondering for a while now when they were bringing Merle back into the picture. Unfortunately that did come true. I wouldn't trust that guy within his effective shooting range of me.

Vance
Wed Oct 31st, 2012, 09:22 AM
They clearly won't follow the comic on many different aspects.

I think we won't see Rick's fate at the hands of the Governor come to fruition - but some sort of dramatic moment with Myrle might come about - but still I don't think he'll suffer the same fate (Rick that is).

Does the Governor have Secret #2 like the comics waiting in the room off camera? I wonder? I have to think he does given the "scientist" guy doing experimentation and talking about if they have any memory of their former selves - that is where it is going.

They've done well with changing things up to fit TV and not make it TOO predictable for those that have read it. I mean - come on - Shane was dead by what? Book 2? And it was Carl that killed him, not Rick,... and then Rick was there when he reanimated, so he knew that anyone that dies comes back. Shane never saw the farm. Not even close.
What else... Sophia doesn't turn into a zombie at the farm,... Dale doesn't bite it (no pun intended) at the farm... there is no "T-Dog" or Daryl, or Myrle character for that matter...

Anyway the point is - the show is very well thought out. Yes it has it's flaws - but keep in mind the comic, and the show, really focus around Rick - the trials an tribulations a law man thrust into an insane world - is going through to maintain not just his family as he knows it, but his very sanity.

Oh - and regarding Andrea...
I don't necessarily think she's whiney... you have to remember she was a civil rights lawyer before the zeds. Her instinct is to question the actions of people when she sees brutality in any form - even now. It's part of her character... the higher morals, which have been eroded away bit by bit by the death of her sister, Dale, Shane's influence, etc, etc, etc... but when given a chance to stop and breathe - she reverts back to her civil rights lawyer mentality.

mdub
Wed Oct 31st, 2012, 10:27 AM
i applaud the the european actors playing americans....

I have not really thought of any predictability all through the series.

I did like the special effect in Season 2 when the pulled the fat zombie outta the well. hmmmmm yummy....

#1Townie
Wed Oct 31st, 2012, 01:00 PM
Now that im caught up. As for the talk of them traveling in circles it seemed like they had been forced into that circle by large hordes from other cities. Seems like the prison is a extremely risky move but seeing that the only other option is nothing but running with a woman ready to pop i think its a good move.

Laurie has never really bothered me. Hooking up with Shane in the first season is predictable. Dealing with loosing her husband. The world has ended. Countless brushes with death. Yeah if it wouldn't have been Shane it would have been someone else. Shane was a dick but most of the time i agreed with him. I wouldn't have stuck around with that group. The only part that pissed me off about shane was instead of being a man and owning up to plowing his best friends wife he plotted on killing him.

The racist cock sucker that got left on the roof... god i hope he dies fast. His brother knows he is a dick. Lol.

After watching the last episode Lori looks like she is trying to make up for being a dumbass. Im willing to see that play out.

Vance
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 08:53 AM
... and shit just escalated!
Great episode last night.

I won't divulge any spoilers - but I LOVED "Go Back" :) That is classic shit right there.

#1Townie
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah go back was awesome! Lol. Shit is about to hit the fan! The end of the show was weird.

Vance
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Yeah go back was awesome! Lol. Shit is about to hit the fan! The end of the show was weird.

Why was it weird? They already established the what Michonne was doing there back in season 1 as viable... or are you referring to something else?

#1Townie
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Yeah i remember but that was a last resort im not sure how down with all thay i would be. Lol

mdub
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Was the phone thing last nite all in rick's head....??? I missed talking dead..so not sure.

#1Townie
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Yes....... unless the walking dead is taking a really freaky route.

Vance
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah i remember but that was a last resort im not sure how down with all thay i would be. Lol

Dude --- if that's a solution to be able to clear a path from point A to point B - give me my favorite spring steel katana, it's slightly shorter brother, an aluminum bat, and a Xtreme2 for emergency backup,... find me a London fog - and let's slather me up with some zed guts and let me go have some fun paving the way (and let's hope it doesn't rain!) :)

TransNone13
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Mediocre :-/

Hopefully Dexter with lift my spirits!

mdub
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 05:07 PM
is dexter really that good?

yeah man i would be bummed too if i live in AZ.

TransNone13
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 05:09 PM
is dexter really that good?

yeah man i would be bummed too if i live in AZ.

Dexter's the shit, I'm on Jack and Coke #3.

I was talking about TWD, but the fucking MICCC is a soul sucking military institution. I received a lower grade on my paper than ones that seemed like they were written by high schoolers because they were easier to read. I'm sorry I write at a graduate level >.<. I should post them up so people can see the BS. Why challenge someone to think if their approach is not what they want? Fuck them.

mdub
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Dexter's the shit, I'm on Jack and Coke #3.

I was talking about TWD, but the fucking MICCC is a soul sucking military institution. I received a lower grade on my paper than ones that seemed like they were written by high schoolers because they were easier to read. I'm sorry I write at a graduate level >.<. I should post them up so people can see the BS. Why challenge someone to think if their approach is not what they want? Fuck them.

hmmm i'll give dexter a veiwing along with copper.

hahah......3rd jk and coke lets you post how you really feel.....

TransNone13
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Lol, yeah right. That's a sober opinion. I'm a pro, I need to keep drinking to get anywhere.

mdub
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 05:22 PM
yeah...i'm at work, sober. gotta ride tonite in 40 degree weather...thanks for the micro fleeced neck warmer..

#1Townie
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Dude --- if that's a solution to be able to clear a path from point A to point B - give me my favorite spring steel katana, it's slightly shorter brother, an aluminum bat, and a Xtreme2 for emergency backup,... find me a London fog - and let's slather me up with some zed guts and let me go have some fun paving the way (and let's hope it doesn't rain!) :)

In theory yeah...... in reality no way. But i would have been rampaging in a some sort of apc or tank long ago. Thats one thing i dont get about this show. There is a shit load of military equipment left behind. The episode at the cdc is a perfect example. Fuel? Its diesel. Not that hard to work in a substitute.

TransNone13
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 06:36 PM
In theory yeah...... in reality no way. But i would have been rampaging in a some sort of apc or tank long ago. Thats one thing i dont get about this show. There is a shit load of military equipment left behind. The episode at the cdc is a perfect example. Fuel? Its diesel. Not that hard to work in a substitute.

You would have made it a couple hundred miles if that. Those fucking things break A LOT and are not user serviceable. The tank gets less than a mile a gallon and takes between 12 and 20 to start... The most depressing noise in the world is a tank engine aborting.

I would try my luck with a Knight though...

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/m1117/images/3-m1117.jpg

Lomax
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I watched a lot of sesion 1 but then had to downgrade the TV service, I think I really miss it. I wish there was some way to watch it online.

Marc

TransNone13
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM
The Pirate Bay is a great place to look for legal torrent files. :rolleyes:

NZ Darren
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I watched a lot of sesion 1 but then had to downgrade the TV service, I think I really miss it. I wish there was some way to watch it online.

Marc

I don't even have tv service anymore, just netflix and hulu :). But sell me that FZ6 cheaper and I'll put them all on a DVD for you ;)

Thepiratebay is the way to go.

Lomax
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I don't even have tv service anymore, just netflix and hulu :). But sell me that FZ6 cheaper and I'll put them all on a DVD for you ;)

Thepiratebay is the way to go.

Hey that FZ6 is OBO and I need to get it out of my garage. Make me a deal.

Marc

Clovis
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I get all my favorite shows from TPB!

Season 1 was great, season 2 was slow but I still like season 3.

Lomax
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 10:41 PM
I guess you guys have to school me on this. I went to TPB to watch something and the download it made me do was a virus. Luckily my filter blocked it.

Marc

Clovis
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 10:58 PM
step 1:

google and download peer blocker

step 2:

google and download bit torrent

then go to TBD, find whatever you want and click the small magnet "get torrent" - it will begin downloading through bit torrent.

Peer blocker helps prevent your downloads from being reported, otherwise you'll get a nastygram from Comcast for downloading a movie or whatever.

Drano
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 02:26 AM

Considering that the zombies in this show are slow, and attracted to light and sound, my first thought was to find a large quarry, fire up a generator, crank up a stereo and wait for it to fill up. Once full, start tossing in the dynamite, or if you're feeling particularly morbid, plow them over with a front-end loader. Rinse and repeat. End of story.

#1Townie
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Considering that the zombies in this show are slow, and attracted to light and sound, my first thought was to find a large quarry, fire up a generator, crank up a stereo and wait for it to fill up. Once full, start tossing in the dynamite, or if you're feeling particularly morbid, plow them over with a front-end loader. Rinse and repeat. End of story.

That a awesome idea.

Cataract2
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Fire!!!!!

Sleev
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I watch this show and just think of non-ammo using traps to behead zombies

#1Townie
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Spike pits and traps? Yeah aomething to at least demobilize them.

Vance
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM

Yes - establishing a sound generating distraction (thumpers from Dune? aka - ricer blinge-mobiles with their subwoofers) would make for brilliant ways to throw off the herds. The only problem is disposing then of said gathered herds. Explosives are a bad idea because...

Fire!!!!!

Fire doesn't really stop them until they're burned to the brain... they'll just keep coming. Therein, a burning zombie can be even more dangerous to your locale than a regular one.

Spike pits and traps? Yeah aomething to at least demobilize them.

Pit traps are a VERY good notion --- it'll be the problem of getting a backhoe to dig them and maintain security while you work that will be the problem as the big machinery makes a LOT of noise...

However --- a good battle plan of locations, with proper supplies and/or hunting opportunity --- and you can dig in for years to re-establish yourself a nice functional community of survivors free of the hordes.

Personally - I have both an urban and remote locale battle plans, with a growing list of personnel I'd like to have along, and respective "smash and grab" assignments based on their knowledge, talents, existing supplies, vehicle(s) and locations across town with multiple alternative paths to get to both for all respective spread personnel comparative to the hunker down spots.

#1Townie
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 01:44 PM
They are not that hard to find if you know where to look. Any new house development has its fair share of equipment. They are not hard to hot wire and if you are like me you already have keys for them. Sure you would need to secure them but that cane be done easily enough with some welding. Hell fortified cab would make the backhoe one hell of a zombie tool. Damn things are nearly impossible to get stuck and can cross some serious terrain if you know how to use them. Hell you get one of those loaders from a junk yard and you dont even have to worry about flat tires. Even the little skids would be very handy. Getting just a few of those going for a few hours could lead to a massive moat around a camp.

I had plans to get myself out of co incase of tons of things and it involved a convoy of many things including self loading tow trucks. This will come in handy for blocked roads or break downs in bad places. When it comes to a zombie deal i would go out of my way to get a tank. I dont care how many zombies are there they cant rock a tank.

Also i would be finding left behind trucks. All trucks. You never know what you could find inside a load.

Wrider
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 01:55 AM
You never know what you could find inside a load.

:wtf:
Oh really now?

Lol just messing with ya. But yeah I have a few plans as well. What is funny to me is that most people who do have plans have no idea how to actually implement them, or what it will take to implement them. A few friends of mine have plans that they swear will be easy to implement, but will actually take months of hard work out in the open.

Vance
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 08:27 AM
:wtf:
Oh really now?

Lol just messing with ya. But yeah I have a few plans as well. What is funny to me is that most people who do have plans have no idea how to actually implement them, or what it will take to implement them. A few friends of mine have plans that they swear will be easy to implement, but will actually take months of hard work out in the open.

Honestly I think if your survival plan requires months of hard labor to bring to fruition in the midst of a Zed plague - you might want to rethink your plan.

In my humble opinion - you should have a plan that you can execute in less than 12 hours to achieve initial maximum security first --- then from there you can expand out to create a wider and wider security net --- but only after you get yourself into a defensible hardened location(s) - or a remote enough site that while it might not be hardened, it it absolutely isolated enough to be defensible from all sides from attack by both the living and the zed.

I find my a massively significant obstacle as I work on my plans, thinking as a project manager worried about risk management and mitigation, is technology. That is - not the fact that most likely technology will fall at some point as power grids go out, etc... but the ability to send the TORA, TORA, TORA alert out to my network. I can do it via text easily enough - but if the cell towers are totally jammed with panic - the key will be for my selected crew to recognize what's going on and engage without the GO notification.

As perhaps the biggest "human" factor to my two variations is having the right people with me who have that initial "moral flexibility" to do what it's going to take to engage the plans... not just the necessary grand theft aspects (when the world is falling apart I don't think that will bug too many people if it means the difference between being alive and being food themselves) - but the more direct issues of outright, no gentle way to put it really, execution of those that stand in the way of the success of the plan - which unfortunately may be absolutely necessary.

In the grande scope of things I think I have the right people, or candidates in the wings still to be approached, for such a necessary action on both my urban and rural plans.

Of course the single BIGGEST issue will be that this isn't NY, or LA... the odds of mass panic hitting the streets of Denver or anywhere on the front range unless the outbreak hit here fast and hard is very low --- so technically any GO order would mean the actions in the battle plan ARE grande theft and potentially murder on a potentially large scale, as well as the occupation and seizure of properties / businesses --- and even likely a siege situation by SWAT units until the panic hit the area (and then they begged to join us! :) ). That to me means the logical plan is to engage the rural plan and stage it (gather everyone, a little bit of grande theft, then get within striking distance of the rural location) - but not execute the seizure aspect until the information networks confirm panic actually is seeping into the region. THEN make the move, well in advance of the panic actually reaching the remote area.

Clovis
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 07:46 PM
I'm amazed at how much thought you (all) have put into killing zombies, lol.

#1Townie
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Bro if you are prepared for zombies you are prepared for anything. Dont you keep up with the cdc?? Lol

mdub
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 07:56 PM
oh hell i do...cant wait til my next door neighbor turns into a zombie..

#1Townie
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
Just say he was trying to eat your face off and he left you no choice. Hes coming right for us! (Southpark)

Vance
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 08:00 PM
I'm amazed at how much thought you (all) have put into killing zombies, lol.

Would it make sense if I said that making and adjusting my plan helps keep me sane?

#1Townie
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 08:11 PM
Im not going to lie i know i have issues.

Clovis
Sun Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:32 PM
W...T...F!!!

Great episode, semi cliff hanger following by

The Walking Dead returns in FEBRUARY!?!?!

ARARRAGGGGGGADFADFAWEDF

Vance
Mon Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:17 AM
W...T...F!!!

Great episode, semi cliff hanger following by

The Walking Dead returns in FEBRUARY!?!?!

ARARRAGGGGGGADFADFAWEDF

Yeah... right about there you have to figure that with everything Andrea has just seen, especially the VERY end there, one would think she's going to piece things together and she's not going to be shackin' up and hump'n the ol' Guv'nor much longer (unless of course her self esteem has gone to shit and she really is that dense of a character now).

Pity though... bastard still has his hand.

Sidebar note: I'd love to know who's consulting on the show for Michonne's character. They taught her well on how to handle a long blade. That was a beautifully controlled classic close range standoff posture I didn't learn until a good year into the art as a esophageal threat posture / attack move.

Wrider
Mon Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
Honestly I think if your survival plan requires months of hard labor to bring to fruition in the midst of a Zed plague - you might want to rethink your plan.

In my humble opinion - you should have a plan that you can execute in less than 12 hours to achieve initial maximum security first --- then from there you can expand out to create a wider and wider security net --- but only after you get yourself into a defensible hardened location(s) - or a remote enough site that while it might not be hardened, it it absolutely isolated enough to be defensible from all sides from attack by both the living and the zed.

That's my opinion too. First secure, then evac.

Captain Obvious
Mon Dec 3rd, 2012, 06:44 PM

Can't image the mess that would make. With well set in decomp and a couple quarter sticks to spread out the bang.

Vance
Mon Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Why bother blowing them up?
Set the stereo up in a quarry pit, or some other construction zone sufficiently away from home base... equip the stereo up with a solar array for power --- battery backup for nighttime (recharged by the array during the day)... crank that bitch up to 11... (don't forget to build a fence around the thing so they don't bash the speakers and such in)

Just let them gather.

Then for fun, and practice, every now and again you can gear up with your leathers and helmet (SAFETY FIRST!!!) , grab your finely sharpened katana, and practice the newly revived art of scalping of zeds. Practice makes perfect - so work from the outer perimeter of the gathering herd on a daily basis to cull said herd so as to not overflow the locale.

From there - whoever isn't on practice duty can just point the recon unit the other way and scavenge any items not in the hardened locale. :)

#1Townie
Mon Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:34 PM
Yeah some heavy equipment would really put a dent in the numbers of the undead army. But really i dont understand the idea that those slow movers would be able to survive for long. With the amount of guns in this country on the civilian side alone no way would this be able to take out the world. I mean just two hummers with a couple of 50 cals bursting into a crowd of zombies would be devastating. You dont need to head shot when the body is blown apart.

My plans have nothing to do with travel. Im no longer in a large city so i will have tons of time to fortify where im at and start planning raids on Costco and Walmart. I would just reinforce my pad. Start with the house and then garage. Once thats done then the property. Ince thats done mods to the trucks should be done to keep out the horde. After the dust settles a bit then time to scavenge and keep reinforcing the property and structures. Trenches and super reinforced fences along with towers for a good view.

Eventually i will even have my last resort plans. Maybe if zombies manage to overrun the fortifications i would go to my underground bunker and wait them out. Most likely they wont be able to beat my fortifications but rauders would more then be a legitimate risk. If pushed back to las resort boom i would gladly set off a large demo to kill them but more importantly make enough noise that it attracted the undead.

Things i would look for quickly would be heavy equipment. Bags of concrete. Lumber. I think what a lot of people forget is that homes are made with many materials you will need. You could fortify a house and gut the insides. If there is a attached garage you can back a truck unto the garage and close the garage and start stripping interior walls.

Chain link fencing would also be high on the list. Chain link can be used to do more then just make fences. Trucks cabs can be reinforced with it to keep out your biting foes. Just think if you had a heated cab on a backhoe or front end loader. Hell even a little skid with a fortified cab could be extremely handy.

A self loading tow truck would be a must. These have the controls in the cab already. You can snag cars in seconds to bring back to the compound for stripping. Also the lifts make quick grabbing of other things.

After enough time with earth movers you coukd have some seriously impressive walls. Just think what you could do with a couple tons of concrete.

Sorry i was just bored and decided to throw some ideas out there.

Vance
Tue Dec 4th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I'm much more inclined to keep my battle plans quiet for two reasons:

1. The detailing of specific item gathering, stores they would go to for such things, etc is just that - excessively detailed.

2. My urban location of choice is quite specific because of it's seeming remoteness even in the midst of the urban setting, but simultaneously not, and perfect correlation to its direct neighboring business which - when both are taken and a makeshift battle wall created with a simple setup of semi trailers to start and sandbags under - combine to form what could equate to a EXTRAORDINARILY defensible location and relatively prolonged sustainability location all at the same time - from both zeds and marauders...

Plus just across the street in 3 different directions lies multiple other businesses that could expand sustainability ten fold in regards to fuel, clothing shelter, weaponry, and much more. The only thing legitimately missing from within a 1 mile radius raiding wise is what I would consider an appropriate anti-zombie clothing location... but there is one approximately 3 miles away. :)

2b. My remote location is PRECISION specific - and even giving away where it was would give away far too much for my tastes as it's only drawback is GETTING there if there was a general populous awareness and subsequent panic. Fortunately there is more than one route there from Denver.

#1Townie
Tue Dec 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah im not worried about puttig info out there to state that is 1000 miles away. Plus any outsiders will be spotted miles off. This is a small town and we had to do growing up was four wheel. We know every dirt road like the back of our hands. Nice thing about being in a valley is every road in has ambush points. Plus like you none of this will be done alone. The people that will join me i can communicate with with just a look. So realy i have said nothing cant be found in and war strategy book. But you should read some of those. The art of war is free in the android market.

Vance
Tue Dec 4th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Yeah im not worried about puttig info out there to state that is 1000 miles away. Plus any outsiders will be spotted miles off. This is a small town and we had to do growing up was four wheel. We know every dirt road like the back of our hands. Nice thing about being in a valley is every road in has ambush points. Plus like you none of this will be done alone. The people that will join me i can communicate with with just a look. So realy i have said nothing cant be found in and war strategy book. But you should read some of those. The art of war is free in the android market.

Been reading the Art of War since I had my parents buy it and the Book of Five Rings for me when I was 10.

Since then - I've read up on a number of strategic concepts associated to urban to suburban to rural bunkering in for everything from temporary cut off to all out long term siege situations, straight up urban CQB, etc that have nothing to do with zeds.

Fortunately I've kept my sanity about me and haven't gone all paranoid schytzo thinking they're all after me or anything. I just feel better prepared to organize and somewhat lead a potential survival campaign if needs be. :)

mdub
Tue Dec 4th, 2012, 05:10 PM
you all should have an episode on doomsday preppers.

TransNone13
Tue Dec 4th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Considering it's the end of the world. What's the fun in having a plan? You know you're fucked, wing it and live it up. /thread

mdub
Tue Dec 4th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Considering it's the end of the world. What's the fun in having a plan? You know you're fucked, wing it and live it up. /thread

:yes:

yep end of days just weeks away...

TransNone13
Tue Dec 4th, 2012, 05:17 PM
:yes:

yep end of days just weeks away...

You're all wrong, it's my birthday!!! :w00t:

#1Townie
Tue Dec 4th, 2012, 05:17 PM
No way bro. I would never go on a national tv show and show my hand.

Vance i like talking about this stuff with others. Ideas can come from it. Ever think about using a underground splinkler system to spray some liquid flammable in a surrounding area to create a wall of fire?

~Barn~
Tue Dec 4th, 2012, 05:20 PM
No way bro. I would never go on a national tv show and show my hand.

Vance i like talking about this stuff with others. Ideas can come from it. Ever think about using a underground splinkler system to spray some liquid flammable in a surrounding area to create a wall of fire?

:lol: You and Vance are my favorite flavor of crazy!

mdub
Tue Dec 4th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Ever think about using a underground splinkler system to spray some liquid flammable in a surrounding area to create a wall of fire?

i do like that idea. :viking:

#1Townie
Tue Dec 4th, 2012, 05:26 PM
:lol: You and Vance are my favorite flavor of crazy!

Yeah this thread has lead to some interesting posts. The flammable sprinklers idea came from the post about luring in the zombies and burning them.

#1Townie
Mon Dec 12th, 2016, 06:46 PM
I'll take the advice and throw a bump to this thread... because brains!!! lol

the show has definitely taken a turn with negan. season opener was a shock. I hoped they would leave the few core cast members for the time but guess it was time to see a few shocking deaths.

as I said in the other thread I can't wait to see how they kill negan. it will be epic and I'm guessing he goes down like the mean mofo he is.

Captain Obvious
Tue Dec 13th, 2016, 02:50 PM
A lot of people are really bothered by Negan. He doesn't bother me, I don't find him charismatic, but definitely an egomaniac. But he is a bit of a badass. Haven't watched this weeks episode yet. I wonder if they let the Negan story line go into next season or end it by the end of this one. I'd be fine with into next season, it would take a while to mobilize a force to beat him, unless Rick's crew gets their heads out of their collective rear ends and take out the head of the snake.

#1Townie
Tue Dec 13th, 2016, 06:06 PM
A lot of people are really bothered by Negan. He doesn't bother me, I don't find him charismatic, but definitely an egomaniac. But he is a bit of a badass. Haven't watched this weeks episode yet. I wonder if they let the Negan story line go into next season or end it by the end of this one. I'd be fine with into next season, it would take a while to mobilize a force to beat him, unless Rick's crew gets their heads out of their collective rear ends and take out the head of the snake.

you should really watch the latest episode and then we can talk. i don't want to ruin anything for you.

salsashark
Wed Dec 14th, 2016, 08:23 AM
I liked Negan in the beginning. Hell, Rick and crew came in, pissed all over the saviors and pranced away like nothing would happen. Negan was just defending his group and way of life. We've cheered when Rick n crew defending themselves from intruders (The Governer, the Wolves). What makes Negan any different? However, Negan's turned out to be a very one note character... "Crack bad joke, do something creepy, kill/torture the nearest person, move on to next. ". I really hope they ramp up the story line and show some progress after the mid-season break. This season has felt flat.

Given Robert Kirkman's absolute hard on for Negan, I would definitely expect him to be around for a while. If they remotely parallel the comics, anyways... In the books, the war between Alexandria and the Saviors lasts for a few years. I know the TV show is different, so it'll most likely not follow the same timeline. I won't say more and spoil it, but there's come crazy times ahead.

Oh, and let the tiger loose on someone already!