PDA

View Full Version : Domain Name... Where to get????

Dietrich_R1
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I don't need it for a website. I don't think I will ever need a website.

I am looking for an inexpensive way to get e-mail addresse(s) created for a business. Something like JohnD@ABCars.com. Something with the business name at the end instead of having gmail or yahoo.com at the end.

I need to create them for a handful of people & the salespeople that come/go. Maybe 6 at any one time.

Any recommendations on where to get this & at a good price??

THANKS,
Dietrich

longrider
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 03:25 PM
GoDaddy is a great place to register your domain, however I would shop around for the email. If you host the email with GoDaddy then config is by default, if you host somewhere else then you just have to point the domain to the correct servers. I use Rackspace for email hosting myself

Zach929rr
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Our company uses Godaddy. Super cheap and no limit on retention.

I`m Batman
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 03:47 PM
http://www.zoothost.com/
I set up a website for my in-laws restaurant. This place is pretty cheap. Price did went up a bit since I signed up.
$9.25 USD per year for Domain (used to be $8 )
Web hosting (space) starts at $3.99 per month. You can get it for less if you pay for the whole year.

Package.
$39.00 USD Annually (Free Domain)
5 Databases
5 FTP Accounts
50 Email accounts

Dietrich_R1
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Our company uses Godaddy. Super cheap and no limit on retention.

Domain name is about $15.00/year & 10 email accounts are little under $40.00/year

Unless anyone knows of cheaper.... looks to work w/ me.

John

birchyboy
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I'm not a fan of GoDaddy as I find their website somewhat cumbersome to work with. Check out NetworkSolutions.com.

DFab
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 03:57 PM
google apps

Zach929rr
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I'm not a fan of GoDaddy as I find their website somewhat cumbersome to work with. Check out NetworkSolutions.com.

This is true. the CMS for everything is a little sloppy/clumsy.

Also, they supported CISPA/etc if any of that matters to you.

rforsythe
Tue Oct 30th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I'm moving away from GoDaddy. To register a domain name you have to go through 3 subsequent pages of upsell crap, their interface is a PITA to use, and I don't support their business practices. I recently registered a domain with namecheap.com and will probably go back. Don't know if they provide any of the other services though, since I host all my own stuff.

Zoothost mentioned above is a CSC member-owned business as well, if they work for you then it's all in the family. :up:

birchyboy
Wed Oct 31st, 2012, 06:03 AM
Zoothost mentioned above is a CSC member-owned business as well, if they work for you then it's all in the family. :up:

That's good to know!

Dietrich_R1
Wed Oct 31st, 2012, 07:00 PM
Zoothost looks good... 50 emails would be MORE than enough!!