PDA

View Full Version : Ride this weekend 11/03/012 anyone?!

MilkMan
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 09:34 AM
Finally got a new bike after the last one was stolen back in July and I have been itching to ride!!! If anyone wants to join meet at moco @ 10:00am ksu 10:30am. Route tbd, going to go ride for a bit after work this afternoon to see how the roads look. Pace will be mild because I forgot how to turn a motorcycle semi proficiently lol! And the road conditions I'm sure will be less than stellar like the summer months. Anyone is welcome, dress warm. The high is 57 but will likely feel warmer if its anything like its been the past few days. Only rule is no crashing!!! Hope to see some familiar faces!
-Mick-

MilkMan
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 12:00 PM
Haha!! 17 views and no response?! No one wants to ride well the suns still out and it's not freezing?!
-Mick-

madvlad
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 12:11 PM
if I find a bike I'm in lol

mdub
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 01:14 PM
Haha!! 17 views and no response?! No one wants to ride well the suns still out and it's not freezing?!
-Mick-

could be in...gonna put newer rear on tomorrow.

MilkMan
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 02:41 PM
Cool. Hopefully some more folks want to come along. Anyone know how deckers is lately? Might be a fun run if that route is clean.
-Mick-

Rider
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 02:59 PM
Cool. Hopefully some more folks want to come along. Anyone know how deckers is lately? Might be a fun run if that route is clean.
-Mick-

Deckers is pretty clean, I was there this past Sunday, little bit of gravel here and there just north of the stores heading towards Horse power hill.

MilkMan
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 04:06 PM
Deckers is pretty clean, I was there this past Sunday, little bit of gravel here and there just north of the stores heading towards Horse power hill.

Thank you for the info! Might make that run. That's actually pretty typical for there to be sand in said location but I usually take the return trip pretty easy as it is! Thanks again!
-Mick-

Rider
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 04:31 PM
Thank you for the info! Might make that run. That's actually pretty typical for there to be sand in said location but I usually take the return trip pretty easy as it is! Thanks again!
-Mick-

Don't mention it, also watch out for the Sheriff toward the top of HP hill in the unmarked white 2012 explorer, and the Sheriff sitting at the stores with the ATV in the back.

HOTCARCASS
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 06:25 PM
Hey Milk can we meet in boulder? Boulder canyon is clean. I want to give 7 a look. I'll wing man with ya!

Sully
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM
Rode 7 today, up and down and it was clean.. Left Hand Canyon was dirty on the yellow and a little in the middle before the left turn.. then again towards the top by Ward, but the rest was good :eyebrows:

HOTCARCASS
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 08:12 PM
Nice sully your in my neck of tbe woods and no shout. 7 and boulder canyon are two beauties. We are lucky to have clean roads!!!

MilkMan
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't have much of an issue meeting in boulder I suppose. Would love to hit 7 ones at time before its completely screwed for the winter. Although it might be a waste of road for me lol! Took the bike for a quick jaunt today after work rode bear creek to evergreen and down 70 to lookout (just a cool road to take cool motorcycle pics on lol) and man oh man did I get rusty. Was really lacking confidence today and this bike handles completely different than my gsxr did. Steering is much lighter but seems to want to fight me in the corners. Probably just shitty body positioning on my part and I may need to tweak the suspension settings a bit to get it to where I am happy and comfortable. If people want to meet in boulder though let me know when and where. I just want to get out and ride is all. Don't care where too. Been too long.
-Mick-

ChangBang
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 09:47 PM
I'd probably be down. Don't really care where, I'm coming from denver anyways.

summit82
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 09:54 PM
Holy shit, a group ride?! Haven’t seen one of these in ages, lol

Count me in. Roads were in pretty good shape a few days ago and weather forecast looks nice.

HOTCARCASS, how’s Stove Prairie look?

madvlad
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 09:59 PM
Its a new bike dude, just take a few rides and you'll get aquainted quickly. Going from a gsxr to an R1 is night and day. I had a K7 600 before the R1.

Sully
Thu Nov 1st, 2012, 10:35 PM
Nice sully your in my neck of tbe woods and no shout. 7 and boulder canyon are two beauties. We are lucky to have clean roads!!!

Damn you Sal, I don't have your # !! :puppy:

MilkMan
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
So where is a good place to meet at in boulder? For the folks coming from Denver we could also setup a pre meet spot here in town and then head to boulder. I would like to hit up 7 and maybe go grab lunch in Lyons and then come back down 7. Any thoughts?
-Mick-

mdub
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Got my tires put on...Thanks Performance...in and out in less than 20min...Lets meet at that 7-11 in Golden right off of 93 at 10am.

MilkMan
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
Want to meet there earlier and head up to boulder to meet the north guys then hit up 7?
-Mick-

mdub
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:27 PM
9am?

Jmetz
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:43 PM
if I find a bike I'm in lol

Congratulations, you have been selected to be my proxy. You can pick my bike up tonight around 9:30 or tomorrow morning by 7:20.

mdub
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Congratulations, you have been selected to be my proxy. You can pick my bike up tonight around 9:30 or tomorrow morning by 7:20.

:king: yer such a wordsmith....

Jmetz
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:50 PM
:king: yer such a wordsmith....

:lol: We should go mudbuggin Mitch!

mdub
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:01 PM
:lol: We should go mudbuggin Mitch!

hmmm....Monday or Tuesday?

Jmetz
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Either works for me.

madvlad
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:53 PM

Hmmmm the temptation!

mdub
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 03:58 PM
yep i know.....and Milkman wants to meet earlier than 10am. I should've wrote 9:59?

(J)HeyMetz....lets shoot fer Monday...same place on Federal?

Jmetz
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 04:43 PM
Works for me. Or we can try a different spot if you like.

madvlad
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
So what time are you meeting and where after all tomorrow?

MilkMan
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
Lets plan for the Denver folks to meet @ the golden 7-11 @ 9:00am. I will keep an eye on this thread this afternoon and see if Hotcarcass chimes back in or not. If he says he wants to join we can always cruise up to boulder from golden and meet up with the north folks and hit up the north route to 7 into lyons, from there can either head south via P2P etc. or just back down 7 or what not. What ever anyone wants to do. Sound like a plan?
-Mick-

Drano
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
fwiw, I rode Decker's yesterday with Aaron and Clovis, there's a lot of sand from horsepower hill to Pine, but it can be avoided as long as you stay in the tracks.

madvlad
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Okay, let me see if the Metz offer stands then and if so I'll see you in the AM!

summit82
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
Maybe we should start a bit later in the morning??? Temp will be in the 40s until about 11am.

madvlad
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 05:38 PM
Maybe we should start a bit later in the morning??? Temp will be in the 40s until about 11am.

If we meet at starbucks will it do it for earlier? :D

ChangBang
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Where is golden 7-11? I only know of the golden starbucks.

madvlad
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 05:49 PM
Where is golden 7-11? I only know of the golden starbucks.

Right across the street

HOTCARCASS
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
I'm a but thole. Can't make it do to a level 2 driving class, 8 - 5. Full gay ass pump.

mdub
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 06:04 PM

guess i'll be wearing my Prowings instead of sandals then....

madvlad
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 08:24 PM
I'm out fellas, have some matters to take care of tomorrow unfortunately but have fun.

MilkMan
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Well no worries guys. MDub, meet at moco at 10 then? Will try to get a few more buddies to join as well!
-Mick-

grim
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:25 PM
Hmm to DRZ or not to DRZ?? If you go to deckers ill join you and hang out at deckers for a bit then head up platte river back to Parker.

jjmeeker
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:39 PM
I'm a newbie to the board. Would like to meet for a ride. Is 10 am at MoCo right?

summit82
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:54 PM
See you guys in the morning

Jmetz
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
I'm out fellas, have some matters to take care of tomorrow unfortunately but have fun.

Fine! My bike didn't really want you to ride it anyway!

MilkMan
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:04 PM
I'm a newbie to the board. Would like to meet for a ride. Is 10 am at MoCo right?

Yep. The gas station right off the highway on Morrison road. Well leave when everyone gets there. Hopefully by about 10:30-10:45. Hope mdub sees this as well. Deckers should be a quick fun run for me to get used to the bike again! See yous guys in the am!
-Mick-

grim
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hey mick you can go at DRZ speed on HP hill with me :lol: ill see you in the mornin buddy.

MilkMan
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:55 PM
Hey mick you can go at DRZ speed on HP hill with me :lol: ill see you in the mornin buddy.

Haha!! Yep sounds about right! Ill be gettin skooled all day tomorrow lol!! That's alright though? Gotta re start somewhere! Just glad to be back on the horse again!
-Mick-

madvlad
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:59 PM
Fine! My bike didn't really want you to ride it anyway!

You know it takes a lot for me to say no to 2 wheels bud lol...unfortunately have to take care of personal stuff I can't postpone any longer

Jmetz
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 11:03 PM
:)

mdub
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 08:16 AM
See ya there...

Repsol a095
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 08:36 AM
I would love to join. The Drz needs a little work out

UHATEIT
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 11:51 AM
I took a shift today or I sould have attended this for one last canyon run. I'm slow and probably qould have been left in the dust anyways tho

madvlad
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
I took a shift today or I sould have attended this for one last canyon run. I'm slow and probably qould have been left in the dust anyways tho

With how cold it is in the hills no one is hauling ass unless they're suicidal lol

mdub
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Yeah there is quite a bit of dirt. Good ride....

summit82
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Great riding with you guys today. Mick, looking pretty comfortable already on the new bike.

Here's part of the crew

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-iBoNzLilGok/UJWDo8w9DhI/AAAAAAAAABQ/ogI0WkuqGIg/s640/2012-11-03%252013.18.27.jpg

UHATEIT
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah there is quite a bit of dirt. Good ride....

thats the shit that scares me, and lots of gravel rocks. Thats what caused my panic and eventual crash.

madvlad
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 03:28 PM
Great riding with you guys today. Mick, looking pretty comfortable already on the new bike.

Here's part of the crew

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-iBoNzLilGok/UJWDo8w9DhI/AAAAAAAAABQ/ogI0WkuqGIg/s640/2012-11-03%252013.18.27.jpg

Nice, makes me miss the R1... What a badass bike that was!

thats the shit that scares me, and lots of gravel rocks. Thats what caused my panic and eventual crash.

Yea scary but gotta learn to ride it out though. Even during summers you'll find sand/gravel in the canyons. If you're going to do street riding debri is going to find you no matter what.

MilkMan
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Had a good time today guys! Thanks for joining me! Unfortunately we had one incident with gravel today that ended up putting my good friend and his bike on the ground. He's in the hospital now, broken collar bone and some pretty good rash on his knee but in good spirits over all. Bike probably sustained about 1k of damage, but could have been worse. He keeps saying he is glad he was last or it may have been more bikes down. He ran over a patch of sand and by the time he tried to slow down he was on top of it and the front end went away. New bike is starting to feel better, still very different than my gsxr so will take some time for confidence to come back. Thank you to the guy on the silver VFR (I forgot your name, sorry man! My memory is terrible lol) for waiting up for my slow poke ass on the way back from deckers. Had a few scares with sand myself today and with my buddies crash and the new bike the last thing I wanted to do was go down myself so I just took my time. Bear creek was a blast this morning! Clear as ever and very little traffic! Ha fun there! The sand was a little worrying but most everyone else didn't have any issues. Good run though! Thanks again to all for coming out in this chilly weather!
-Mick-

Cornfed
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM

Here's part of the crew

Where's the two dirt bikes that tagged along? Couldn't keep up with the 1liter+ crew?

MilkMan
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:04 PM
They went the dirty way home haha!! They slow it off from deckers, we went down that cool ass road that the picture is on.
-Mick-

mdub
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Foxton Rd.

guambra2001
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
I saw you guys at the ConocoPhillips gas station. Sorry to hear about the crash, but glad he is okish.

mdub
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:31 PM

The deal is ride thru the gravel if in a turn. Same time keepin the bike upright as much as possible. When you do that you are on asphalt with traction again in no time.

jjmeeker
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks for calling the ride Milk. I enjoyed meeting & riding with all. Looking forward
to next one.

06xbss
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
Great day for a ride, nice seeing couple of faces I knew and meeting some new folks. Managed to finish off the sides on another set of tires, hope I can get them changed before ridding season is over.

Roads were in great shape for the first weekend of November. Left lane going up HP hill was sandy, little slip and slide, kinda interesting at 90mph. N.Turkey Creek was really sandy, just had to follow the tire tracks. Everything else had minimal sand, just had to watch your entry speed and pick your line carefully.

Zviffer
Sat Nov 3rd, 2012, 08:27 PM
+1 on that sentiment. Jjmeeker and I finished off with Squaw Pass, which was basically a sandbox in the lower elevations but a lot of fun nonetheless.

Hope your friend heals up quickly, MilkMan. I dread the moment when I check my mirrors after a set of corners and see fewer headlights than I'm expecting, and then arriving back at the crash site. But in this case your friend came out relatively OK all things considered. Otherwise, 'twas a good day for riding.

Jmetz
Mon Nov 5th, 2012, 03:18 PM
yep i know.....and Milkman wants to meet earlier than 10am. I should've wrote 9:59?

(J)HeyMetz....lets shoot fer Monday...same place on Federal?

Can't make tonight brotha.

mdub
Mon Nov 5th, 2012, 04:23 PM
gotcha my man.

sweck
Mon Nov 5th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Unfortunately we had one incident with gravel today that ended up putting my good friend and his bike on the ground. He's in the hospital now, broken collar bone and some pretty good rash on his knee but in good spirits over all. Bike probably sustained about 1k of damage, but could have been worse. He keeps saying he is glad he was last or it may have been more bikes down. He ran over a patch of sand and by the time he tried to slow down he was on top of it and the front end went away.

I am the guy who took a digger Saturday.

Big thank you to those who stopped to make sure a complete stranger was alright, really speaks volumes about you fellers. :bow:

Long story short, I was unfamiliar with the route, and decided to stick to the back due to that (very glad in hindsight). Basically I was coming into the corner a little faster than anticipated, saw my buddy in front of me get skittish on the gravel, and I grabbed the front brake out of panic not realizing I too was on top of said gravel... I've been in slightly similar situations in the past and have rode out fine, just reacted wrong this time, nobody to blame but myself.

So a broken collar bone and stitches to the knee... could have been a lot worse! Bike needs new plastic on the left, but the tank, lights, and major components were untouched thankfully! Oh and my motovationUSA sliders showed up today Mick! (ordered them Friday! Totally jinxed myself on that one) :oops:

I'll be back at it this spring, hope to catch some of you guys around.

Sully
Tue Nov 6th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Sorry to hear about your get off, but glad you recognized how it happened and to hopefully be able to avoid it next time :) Heal up quick and we'll see ya around :up:

mdub
Thu Nov 8th, 2012, 08:48 AM
few mo pics:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee491/walkermi/foxtonrd002.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee491/walkermi/foxtonrd004.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee491/walkermi/foxtonrd005.jpg

FZjake719
Thu Nov 8th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Schwiggity? DSM Schwiggity? DUDE!?

When's the next outing Mick?