PDA

View Full Version : David Gilmour

FZRguy
Fri Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:42 AM
His solo album from 1978. A gem you may have missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-GlBAJb1uU

Dogsbody
Mon Nov 5th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I have this CD and it's one of my favorites. As a matter of fact my 15 year old nephew picked up the guitar about 4 years ago and since his dad and I have brought him up on Pink Floyd over the years and he responded by learning almost everything they ever did and he can play the albums from start to finish. I gave him this CD less than a month ago and I'm eager to see where he's gotten with it.

Ghettodsm
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 09:24 PM
big pink floyd fan! Thanks for posting this! BTW i'm not that old - only 31yrs of just ripe man boy.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Big fan!

Nick_Ninja
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 09:35 PM
PULSE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBV1SVDDT_I)

bluedogok
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I picked it and About Face up in a two CD pack somewhere for like 8 bucks. I have a 12" single (record) of his that I got when I worked at Sound Warehouse back then. Good stuff.

Ghettodsm
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 11:18 PM
I picked it and About Face up in a two CD pack somewhere for like 8 bucks. I have a 12" single (record) of his that I got when I worked at Sound Warehouse back then. Good stuff.

Indeed! Wonder if I will ever get to see him play live (missed out seeing him live - too young)

bluedogok
Thu Nov 15th, 2012, 09:24 PM
If you haven't seen David Gilmour: Remember That Night - Live At The Royal Albert Hall or Live in Gdansk yet, you need to, both are pretty good.

Ghettodsm
Fri Nov 16th, 2012, 01:21 AM
If you haven't seen David Gilmour: Remember That Night - Live At The Royal Albert Hall or Live in Gdansk yet, you need to, both are pretty good.

watching live in gdansk right now..so great!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw3b0ESOwTs&feature=watch-vrec

Ghosty
Fri Nov 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM
<Sorry, on the subject of anything to do with Floyd, I start reminiscing...>

Love Gilmour, Waters, and of course a lifelong Floyd fan here! Any of you guys see "Aussie Floyd" or "Brit Floyd" live in Denver, the two big international cover bands? I saw Aussie Floyd at the Ogden (or Fillmore?) many years ago, they were effing amazing! SPOT ON, even the three killer backup singers that belted out "The Great Gig in the Sky" from Dark Side. MIND BLOWING. Actually the entire show was. Sound, volume, quality, effects, etc. all were perfect. Never saw 'Brit Floyd' though. Also the real Floyd (sans Barrett & Waters of course) at Mile High Stadium WAY back in the day. Ridiculously cool, 22nd row center field section. Firs time they've had "quadraphonic multichannel" sound at Mile High on that level. During "Run Like Hell", it was like a real helecopter flying AROUND the field, sick!

Still got the collectors box of vinyl records called "Back Catalog". Came with this insert, but wanna buy the big poster, too cool!:

http://www.feld.com/blog/home/feld/www/blog/images/pinkfloyd_small.jpg

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Nov 16th, 2012, 11:07 AM

Love Gilmour, Waters, and of course a lifelong Floyd fan here! Any of you guys see "Aussie Floyd" or "Brit Floyd" live in Denver, the two big international cover bands? I saw Aussie Floyd at the Ogden (or Fillmore?) many years ago, they were effing amazing! SPOT ON, even the three killer backup singers that belted out "The Great Gig in the Sky" from Dark Side. MIND BLOWING. Actually the entire show was. Sound, volume, quality, effects, etc. all were perfect. Never saw 'Brit Floyd' though. Also the real Floyd (sans Barrett & Waters of course) at Mile High Stadium WAY back in the day. Ridiculously cool, 22nd row center field section. Firs time they've had "quadraphonic multichannel" sound at Mile High on that level. During "Run Like Hell", it was like a real helecopter flying AROUND the field, sick!

Still got the collectors box of vinyl records called "Back Catalog". Came with this insert, but wanna buy the big poster, too cool!:

Several important albums are missing in this pic. I think we need a few more girls...

Piper at the Gates of Dawn
A Saucerful of Secrets
Soundtrack from More
Ummagumma
Meddle
Obscured By Clouds

just for starters...

Ghettodsm
Fri Nov 16th, 2012, 11:41 AM

I saw Brit Floyd by happenstance a couple years back during a work function down town. Turned out Brit floyd was playing on the street of the 16th street mall. They are great live! I doubt I will ever get to see david gilmour/pink floyd tour now since Richard Wright has passed:cry:

Glad you got to see them Ghosty...lucky sob!

Ghettodsm
Fri Nov 16th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Several important albums are missing in this pic. I think we need a few more girls...

Piper at the Gates of Dawn
A Saucerful of Secrets
Soundtrack from More
Ummagumma
Meddle
Obscured By Clouds

just for starters...

You forgot "A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON" one of my fav songs - "learning to fly" - lots of great memories when I was a child with my uncle playing that song as he would take us up in his piper airplane!

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Nov 16th, 2012, 05:20 PM
You forgot "A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON" one of my fav songs - "learning to fly" - lots of great memories when I was a child with my uncle playing that song as he would take us up in his piper airplane!
I didn't forget it. I saw that tour 5 times. From every location in LA Sports Arena including third row right in front of Gilmour.

I did include "for starters..." in my comment. :p

FYI, More, Meddle, Obscured By Clouds, and A Saucerful of Secrets are my favorites and those are the ones I felt needed mentioning. You can do the same. ;)

FZRguy
Fri Nov 16th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I think it was Brit Floyd that played Red Rocks on Sept 28. I was gonna go but got called into work. :mad:

Nick_Ninja
Fri Nov 16th, 2012, 10:28 PM
watching live in gdansk right now..so great!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw3b0ESOwTs&feature=watch-vrec

You get a gold star 8)

Dogsbody
Wed Jan 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Went to see Wish We Were Floyd - a local Pink Floyd cover band last Friday night at The Gothic. As a die hard Floyd fan I did not come away disappointed. They played brilliantly and really rocked out. They even played Colonel Clegg and Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun.

Met another Floydie in the line to get in and he travels extensively to see the real deal (he's headed to Dusseldorf and Amsterdam to see Roger Waters this year) and he gave the show an enthusiastic thumbs up.

Also, picked up Inside Out by Nick Mason in hardcover for $50 from Ebay.

Ghosty
Wed Jan 2nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
Went to see Wish We Were Floyd - a local Pink Floyd cover band last Friday night at The Church. As a die hard Floyd fan I did not come away disappointed. They played brilliantly and really rocked out. They even played Colonel Clegg and Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun.
Thanks for the heads up, never heard of them! Definitely post up next time you hear they're playing. I'll try to find their FB or website.

Glad you got to see them Ghosty...lucky sob!
It's called being a lifelong music/concert freak, in college, and actually "spending the night in a sleeping bag" out front of C.U. Boulder's UNC Ticketmaster office, in a VERY LONG LINE. Spent two nights for U2's Joshua Tree tour, lol! Call me crazy, NO REGRETS!

Ghettodsm
Wed Jan 2nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Went to see Wish We Were Floyd - a local Pink Floyd cover band last Friday night at The Gothic. As a die hard Floyd fan I did not come away disappointed. They played brilliantly and really rocked out. They even played Colonel Clegg and Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun.

Met another Floydie in the line to get in and he travels extensively to see the real deal (he's headed to Dusseldorf and Amsterdam to see Roger Waters this year) and he gave the show an enthusiastic thumbs up.

Also, picked up Inside Out by Nick Mason in hardcover for $50 from Ebay.

Really cool! I wanted to go that show but was busy with the fam.

Mac020
Thu Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks for sharing!