PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a shooting range with large selection of handgun rentals

Drama
Thu Nov 8th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Hey Guys,

My Father-in-Law is coming to town over thanksgiving. We want to get get to a shooting range that has a good selection of guns we can test out to determine our next purchases.

Have any recommendations in the the Denver area?

longrider
Thu Nov 8th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Check out the Centennial Gun Store & Range (http://centennialgunclub.com/) I dont know how big the selection is but I do know they have rentals.

rforsythe
Thu Nov 8th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Firing Line off 6th/Potomac has rentals too, I believe. I also think they upgraded their ventilation system, so you can stay in there now without feeling like your lungs are coated in powder residue (because they are).

jcj81
Thu Nov 8th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Cherry creek shooting range had some rentals, havent been there in a while. Its in cherry creek state park.

http://familyshootingcenter.com/

kingtut
Thu Nov 8th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Firing Line off 6th/Potomac has rentals too, I believe. I also think they upgraded their ventilation system, so you can stay in there now without feeling like your lungs are coated in powder residue (because they are).

Thanks for the heads up about the ventilation system- I'll have to look into that. I haven't been back there for that very reason. Though, have you ever been to The Shootist on Sante Fe and Oxford? Don't. Their ventilation system is called a fan in the corner of the room.

I've been curious about the Centennial one longrider listed. That would be a good option (newer and closer)

rforsythe
Thu Nov 8th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I've been curious about the Centennial one longrider listed. That would be a good option (newer and closer)

My dad said it was nice, but pretty expensive.

laspariahs
Thu Nov 8th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Might want to check out blucore.

longrider
Thu Nov 8th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the ventilation system- I'll have to look into that. I haven't been back there for that very reason. Though, have you ever been to The Shootist on Sante Fe and Oxford? Don't. Their ventilation system is called a fan in the corner of the room.

I can tell you the ventilation is great, it draws the air in behind you and exhausts it at the far end of the range so the bad stuff is pulled away from you. I cant help you on the cost, I became a member before I used up the free time I got with a gun purchase. I know it is at least $15/hour for range time as 2 sessions a month covers the $29.95 membership dues.

koop
Thu Nov 8th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I'd say Blucore has the best selection. Probably around 30 handguns and 10 rifles including a .50 cal.

Drama
Fri Nov 9th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the tips guys.

bulldog
Fri Nov 9th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Last time I was at The Shootist I believe they asked if I wanted to rent a gun

http://www.davidsonsinc.com/consumers/subsites/dealer_home.asp?dealer_id=449047