PDA

View Full Version : Who in CO has the best selection of A* gear?

Aaron
Fri Nov 9th, 2012, 10:31 AM
None of the motorcycle shops in Pueblo or CO Springs carry A* gear. I was literally looked in the eye and told it costs too much, and this jacket *Salesman holds up a $100 textile jacket* is just as good.

So, do any shops carry leather Alpinestars gear?

longrider
Fri Nov 9th, 2012, 10:33 AM
We do have Alpinestars at Fay Myers, both leather and textile

nicklk
Fri Nov 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Performance Cycle has a great selection

Ghosty
Fri Nov 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Tons of A* gear, different models, usually have a big selection of sizes/colors, at Performance Cycle in Denver/Littleton. I know it's far for you, but worth the drive, imo. Customer service is always awesome, very helpful and accomodating even on all returns/exchanges. The seem to go an extra mile, even when I lost an old receipt. (except helmets though, once you open that box, I think they have a no-return policy, so size it up properly IN THE STORE).

(side-note: got some cute chicks working there too, lol.)

Aaron
Fri Nov 9th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I think I may ride up to Performance Cycle this afternoon, I've been wanting to ride today anyways. We'll see. Unfortunately the fastest way to get there goes right by DU, and that brings back bad memories.

Ghosty
Fri Nov 9th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I don't remember how big a selection Fay Myers had, but since they're one of the bigger bike shops up here, and you're making the effort, might as well start there first, then end up at Performance where they have the most selection. Fay is near the Arapahoe exit of I-25, near the south border of Denver.

(obvious common-sense I'll mention anyway): TRY EVERYTHING ON (and stretch your arms out), because I remember a Medium in one brand was too tight in another brand. Forgot which ones ran a little smaller/larger in A*, Icon, & JoeRocket...

Aaron
Sat Nov 10th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks guys. I'll be headed up on Thursday next week to have a look at both shops. Might not be on my bike though, depends on the weather.

Ghosty
Sun Nov 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks guys. I'll be headed up on Thursday next week to have a look at both shops. Might not be on my bike though, depends on the weather.
Take your car. If you buy a jacket, that would be a pain in the ass to carry an extra! Unless you're buying just a little windbreaker light jacket, heh. I've found most motorcycle jackets difficult to even scrunch into a backpack successfully.

madvlad
Sun Nov 11th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Check with 303cycle, they had a pretty good selection last time I went. I want the GP jacket but can't afford it, thing is $500 but man what a sweet one it is lol

Aaron
Sat Nov 17th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Checked out Performance Cycle the other day.

Unfortunately as A*'s gear gets bigger in size, it just gets fatter, not significantly longer. My arms and legs were too long for every jacket/pant they had. A friend told me that the pants come in "long" sizes as well, so I'm looking online to see if I can find any in that configuration. Apparently all Europeans are short.

The largest jacket size they had was the 48. It was slightly too small, I'd like to try a 50-52, but they didn't have any. The other problem was sizes varied depending on the jacket. The GP Pro ran smaller than the Atem.