PDA

View Full Version : Remington store in BX at Buckley AFB

Zanatos
Fri Nov 9th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I was surprised to find a Remington store inside the Buckley exchange when I went there today. (Woo hoo! Now I can buy cheap alcohol, guns and ammo all in one location!)

But seriously, they seem to have some pretty nice guns (although a bit pricey). I want the 7-round Remington 12 gauge, but $444 is too much $$$ for me. They do have some decent deals on ammo though.

#1Townie
Fri Nov 9th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I thought if you purchase on base you had to register the gun? I know its supposedly just with the provo or whatever but im really against registration.

Graphite675
Fri Nov 9th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I was surprised to find a Remington store inside the Buckley exchange when I went there today. (Woo hoo! Now I can buy cheap alcohol, guns and ammo all in one location!)

But seriously, they seem to have some pretty nice guns (although a bit pricey). I want the 7-round Remington 12 gauge, but $444 is too much $$$ for me. They do have some decent deals on ammo though.

Have never seen a Remington store before but they do have gun shops in most BX's now. Just bought a rifle at Peterson yesterday. And they did do a price match for me so it may be worth trying out. Found the lowest local price and they matched (with no sales tax) so saved me about $60.

As far as registering, don't really know about that? Maybe for active duty but if your retired definitely not. Just did the CBI and walked out with it .

TransNone13
Fri Nov 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM
You have 24hrs to get it off post and when you do you have to keep it off unless you register it with the PMO.

Zanatos
Sat Nov 10th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I don't like to register either. I'm retired, so I shouldn't have to worry about it, but I'll ask the sales guy next time I'm on base.