PDA

View Full Version : SUN HONDA SERVICE

Erratic
Sat Sep 27th, 2003, 01:59 PM
So I took my F4i into Sun Honda today for it's first service. Ya ya I know i could have done it myself and saved the money, but I figured they can do the first service. I got there a little after 10 and was out a about 12 :headbang: I told them that i had an apointment at 3 that i had to go to, so they got me in and out fast. Besides the cost I would say it was great service. COST=$142 (really not that bad, $66/hr). So far I have to say that i'm very impressed with Sun all the way around. These guys definetly have their shit together, not to mention they are all very nice and curtious. ROCK ON SUN :rock: The rest of the dealerships should be worshipping these guys :bow: --->SUN HONDA

Boy Scout
Sat Sep 27th, 2003, 07:48 PM
$95 for 600-mile F4i service at RPM. In and out in about an hour. :headbang:

Erratic
Sat Sep 27th, 2003, 11:13 PM
DAMN that's a sweet hook up. Guess I should have called them. Oh well. Nate how's their customer relations, service, and what not.

Boy Scout
Sun Sep 28th, 2003, 09:53 AM
All in all, I've been pretty satisfied. I was a bit frustrated for the first few months as my bike had an intermittent issue that they couldn't seem to track down. They spent a lot of time trying to reproduce the issue, which only seemed to occur when the bike was in my possession :(. They had numerous conversations with Honda about it and followed their suggestions to no avail. A new problem came up later that pointed directly at the battery. They replaced it and that fixed the original problem as well. I've been trouble free since then :up:.

While this issue took much longer to resolve than I would have liked, working in technology I know how difficult and time consuming tracking down the source of issues can be some times. Kudos to Dave, Nick, Paul and all the service guys for keeping on top of it. Incidentally, I did buy the dealer pre-paid maintenance/warranty package with the bike prior to reading about them on CSC. Since everything related to the above issue is covered by the Honda warranty, it's hard to say whether my pre-paid package had any bearing on the situation, but I have always received good, quick, as-promised service from them on all of my other maintenance work. In fact, on the 600-mile maintenance, I was traveling for work at the time. I called them while I was out of town and explained that I wouldn't be landing in Denver until 3pm on Friday and that the earliest I could get to the store would be 4pm. I got there right at 4pm Friday afternoon and waited about an hour for them to do the work so I could ride the bike back to Nebraska. I was impressed that they got me in as soon as I got there and that the work was done in about an hour without incident.