PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft anyone?

Vance
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 11:45 AM
So anyone here play airsoft? Mil-sim, scenario, CQB or such?

I'm getting the boys airsoft guns for christmas this year which means I'll have to inevitably bust out my gear to throw down against them or the neighborhood kids and teach them what tactics (and a massively upgraded weapon) can do for successful campaigning. :)

So anyone else here ever get out and play? It'd be good to know there are others out there for a possibly larger scenario / day of battle.

Snowman
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Aren't there better ways of raising an army?

Vance
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Aren't there better ways of raising an army?

Dammit... now you got me flagged by the NSA again!
Sheesh.

Zach929rr
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Did serious milsim stuff from roughly 02-04 and have been wanting to get back into it. The guys at coairsoft have lots of unofficial and official stuff on their forums, mostly all of it held at Rampart unless it's a big regional event.

mdub
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 04:43 PM
AIR SOFT ??? HAHAHAHA.... I remember we had b b guns growing up...wrist rockets and pellet guns....and no one lost an eye...luckee ....

Drama
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 05:16 PM
we played the 1 pump bb gun game. you can shot each other as long as you use only one pump. we wore jeans and denim jackets for protection, that's it. lol

mdub
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 05:48 PM
we also agreed not to shoot at the face. back of head .....diff story

Vance
Thu Nov 15th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Did serious milsim stuff from roughly 02-04 and have been wanting to get back into it. The guys at coairsoft have lots of unofficial and official stuff on their forums, mostly all of it held at Rampart unless it's a big regional event.

You missed when I was organizing giant events by a couple of years when I was going through the hassle of importation and selling the stuff before it became commonplace like it is now. Myself and a couple other dealers organized two giant 3 day mil-sims up at the Colorado / Wyoming border for 2 years in a row.

Anyway... fun stuff. I always liked it more than paintball. To be honest I find the people in airsoft are typically more honorable about getting hit.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Nov 15th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I'll join in. I have an Asahi Sterling L2A3 Mk IV. It's the 80's version with no brake valve so you can crank it up to 220p.s.i. and at that pressure it fires over 80 rounds/second. Or, were meaning a "softer" version:twisted::D

Vance
Thu Nov 15th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I'll join in. I have an Asahi Sterling L2A3 Mk IV. It's the 80's version with no brake valve so you can crank it up to 220p.s.i. and at that pressure it fires over 80 rounds/second. Or, were meaning a "softer" version:twisted::D

Now THAT is a brilliant piece of airsoft badassery sir!
What's the velocity on it at that kind of pressure?

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Nov 15th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Now THAT is a brilliant piece of airsoft badassery sir!
What's the velocity on it at that kind of pressure?Ya know, that's a good question. Anyone have a chronograph?

What I do know... is that it will shoot through my wooden fence. I have a 1,150f.p.s. pellet gun that shoots through the same fence, so the Sterling has to be somewhere around that. The squirrels love it!!! I would really like to introduce it to the Wood Peckers that bang on my chimney every morning, but I'd have to sell the guns to pay for the fine!

Vance
Thu Nov 15th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Ya know, that's a good question. Anyone have a chronograph?

What I do know... is that it will shoot through my wooden fence. I have a 1,150f.p.s. pellet gun that shoots through the same fence, so the Sterling has to be somewhere around that. The squirrels love it!!! I would really like to introduce it to the Wood Peckers that bang on my chimney every morning, but I'd have to sell the guns to pay for the fine!

Yeah I think those kinds of velocities might be a bit much for mil-sim with a bunch of kids and teens --- but damn what a collectable! I remember having a shot at one of those when I first started my business in 98 and passing it up because it seemed insane to pay for a SMG what a T.M. PSG-1 upgraded to a 550fps tagger would have cost me... but I regret it all the damn time now given how rare they are.

DeeStylez
Thu Nov 15th, 2012, 02:05 PM
we played the 1 pump bb gun game. you can shot each other as long as you use only one pump. we wore jeans and denim jackets for protection, that's it. lol

Those were the days lol, and for hiding/protection you would have the large steel dumpsters out back.