PDA

View Full Version : HPR TRackday Saturday 11/24/2012

Bashed
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 09:40 AM
A few of us from the South want to do a Trackday @ HPR this Saturday.
Weather looks good, we need a few others to come out, 7 riders to be exact. So come on out and work off some of the Thanksgiving goodness with some trackday goodness.

madvlad
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Hmmmm tempting! You guys need full day or half day people?

matt2778
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 10:47 AM
It's winter pricing. Looks like full day is the only option

Bueller
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 12:09 PM
In

FZjake719
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 12:59 PM
If I didnt have to work and someone had a spare set of leathers for me I'd be game. I've only spectated at HPR in the past. Always wanted to give it a shot. Have fun fellas!

blaircsf
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Seriously considering this, need to be signed up before noon on Friday correct?

Bueller
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Yes by noon Friday

MilkMan
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Hmm.. Anyone have a spare set of leathers that would fit a 6'4" dude?! LOL! Would love to get out there sometime! Weather looks to be great for it being the middle/end of November! What is half day for winter pricing for bikes again? $90?
-Mick-

madvlad
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Last I saw on the website is $100 full day if you pre register

blaircsf
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 04:20 PM
With winter hours there isn't a half day option. A full day is $100 with winter pricing.

madvlad
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I'm 50% in right now, have a bike possibly as of right now but gotta figure out a couple more things before I'm 100% on this.... Also is the riders meeting mandatory if you've been there before for lapping days?

From the HPR website:

Cost
All prices are PER DRIVER, not per vehicle.

Summer
For participants who register and pay in advance via online signup the cost is $150 for a full day and $90 for a half day.
For participants who do not register and pay in advance the cost is $160 for a full day and $100 for a half day, payable at the track via check or credit card only – no cash, please.
half day is either from 8:00am until 12:00, or 1:00 until 5:00
Winter
For participants who register and pay in advance via online signup the cost is $100 for the day
For participants who do not register and pay in advance the cost is $110 for the day, payable at the track via check or credit card only – no cash, please.
No half day during winter hours

Bueller
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Also is the riders meeting mandatory if you've been there before for lapping days?

Yes, many times there is info that is specific to that day you need to know.

Especially if someone only caught half of the last one.

madvlad
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Yes, many times there is info that is specific to that day you need to know.

Especially if someone only caught half of the last one.

:lol: :D Okay man thanks, I am pretty much good to go for this actually. Payday is tomorrow so I'll be signing up for this. Be seeing you guys out there!

guambra2001
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I'm a strong maybe. Have to get the bike ready and fix my suit.

Radek
Mon Nov 19th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I wanna go for sure , tomorrow I need check on my bike at FASTER , maybe fixed before we run out of callendar

Scer
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Possible as well. Gonna keep an eye on the weather first.

Play on playas

Ninja2
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Mike, I sent you a text. I am potentially interested, and would need to find a way to haul the bike. Also, I am gonna have to take it slow. Yeah, even slower. :turtle: LOL. I hope that's ok. Barely been on my bike this season, incl. track, for time reasons and cannot afford to crash. But this would be a great opportunity since I have some time on my hands :)

Bashed
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I have paid and registered for the event.

Possible as well. Gonna keep an eye on the weather first.

Play on playas

The weather looks like to be around 72+
NO excuse due to the weather not to go.

Mike, I sent you a text. I am potentially interested, and would need to find a way to haul the bike. Also, I am gonna have to take it slow. Yeah, even slower. :turtle: LOL. I hope that's ok. Barely been on my bike this season, incl. track, for time reasons and cannot afford to crash. But this would be a great opportunity since I have some time on my hands :)

So that is who that was. I'm pretty sure Matt and I are carpooling to save on gas. My truck only fits @ bikes, Sorry.

mauser72
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 03:29 PM
If I can get my crap together I will be out there, hard to pass up a cheap track day with such nice weather guesse I gotta do the coolant dance again.

buddahson
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Weather's looking pretty good so I registered.

jgixxer1
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Registered. Trying to round up 2 more...

guambra2001
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I'm a go! Just registered, I just hope I can get my leathers to work. Stupid cheap zippers.

madvlad
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Just paid and registered :D.... How many people are registered so far?

WolFeYeZ
Tue Nov 20th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Im 90% in guys. Probably wont sign up until Friday morning though. Is it worth buying a punch card of half days? Or even possible?

Bashed
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 09:40 AM
Im 90% in guys. Probably wont sign up until Friday morning though. Is it worth buying a punch card of half days? Or even possible?

Call Mike A out @ the track. He can answer all your questions.

This looks like its going to be go, my guess is 20 riders for this event.
See you 'all out there.

mauser72
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Ok definatley in see you guys out there. Are they running the full course yet or is it still the north course?

madvlad
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 07:56 PM
I'm assuming North course again cause they were fixing turn 5-6-7-8 last time.

Bueller
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 08:15 PM
Looks like full course since nothing is noted on the event calender. All the previous N. course days were noted.

madvlad
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 08:18 PM
Cool, hopefully its full. Never ran the,full course before.

rybo
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 09:02 PM
Hmm.. Anyone have a spare set of leathers that would fit a 6'4" dude?! LOL! Would love to get out there sometime! Weather looks to be great for it being the middle/end of November! What is half day for winter pricing for bikes again? $90?
-Mick-

Pm sent

Bashed
Wed Nov 21st, 2012, 09:04 PM
I have only run the full course. Guess that means it's been WAY to long since I was out on the track. Hopefully the rust isn't to thick and I can shed the cobwebs quickly. That and I can still fit in the leathers.
See you all out there on Saturday!

Bueller
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 07:41 AM
I have only run the full course. Guess that means it's been WAY to long since I was out on the track. Hopefully the rust isn't to thick and I can shed the cobwebs quickly. That and I can still fit in the leathers.
See you all out there on Saturday!
What are you riding now?

jgixxer1
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:25 PM
as of right now there aren't enough signups. lets get on it...

madvlad
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:29 PM
as of right now there aren't enough signups. lets get on it...

Seriously? I really thought we'd have plenty by now

jgixxer1
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:43 PM
me to. there's probably some that are just counting on everybody elses signups before they throw down with a chance of ugly weather which doesn't look likely.

Bueller
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 05:49 PM
Track is closed for holiday so no one is going to update recording. Sometimes there isn't an update until after noon on Fri.
But remember if you are using a punch card or a previous credit you need to email the trackmanager@highplainsraceway.com to let them know you intend on coming out in order to be counted towards the minimum signups.

madvlad
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 06:08 PM
Weather doesnt move in till Monday, hopefully tomorrow the update shows for more people.

mauser72
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
I havent signed up yet but will asap is there any way of knowing how many have signed up as of now?

Bueller
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
is there any way of knowing how many have signed up as of now?

Nope

Bashed
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
What are you riding now?

I'll be riding my SV650
It's the SV Applehans rode this season.
I knew I wouldn't be able to ride this year with work and let him ride it.
I bought a new Ducati Multistrada for mama and me to tour on the street.

I know a few riders arn't signing up till Payday on Friday.
I'm signed up and showing up around 9 AM.
See you'all out there!

Bueller
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 07:23 PM
I'll be riding my SV650
It's the SV Applehans rode this season.
I knew I wouldn't be able to ride this year with work and let him ride it.
I bought a new Ducati Multistrada for mama and me to tour on the street.

I know a few riders arn't signing up till Payday on Friday.
I'm signed up and showing up around 9 AM.
See you'all out there!
Oh ok I thought maybe you were riding the CBR 1k or maybe you already sold that. I will likely have my F2 and let the SV rest up.
Hopefully the procrastinators sign up before noon tomorrow :)

Repsol a095
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:35 PM
Bueller, u need to come and buy the ktm65 and let all the other bikes rest up. U need to Kick some butt on the mini.

Bueller
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:47 PM
I have been thinking about it :)

Repsol a095
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:50 PM
I can help u load it tomorrow. I need some room.

Bueller
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:00 PM
Black Friday sale? :lol:

madvlad
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 10:11 PM
100% off :D

Bueller
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
Just called and we have enough so Sat. is on!

madvlad
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:05 AM
Sweet!

mauser72
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
thanks for checking bueller would have sucked spending this morning getting the duc ready for a track day that didnt exist

Bashed
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
See post #40.
I had faith and wasn't doubtful the rest of the peeps would make good.
It would seem then Bueller is the only one who knows how to use a phone to call the track. lol.
Dave, I'll see you out there tomorrow. Gonna do a carport with Matt.
This will be the only time this year I will be on the track. Gonna have to shake off the rust.
See the rest of you'all as well.
Bash

Bueller
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
If you are doing one w/o power and want a roomie I would be willing to pitch in on one.

Bashed
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
If you are doing one w/o power and want a roomie I would be willing to pitch in on one.

Probably power as Matt is letting me use his extra tire warmers.
But you are always welcome Dave, we will make sure there is room if you want.
Be there around 9ish.

Radek
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:44 PM
all of you have fun tomorrow , my bike is still in shop ... talk to Bart and he said for commuting and canyon ride its good if I ride on slow RPM, but if I take it to the track and rev it it will not run on two cylinders ... then he said he already spent so many hours on my motorcycle . Iam still expecting that magic to happen and I am sure he can figure it out whats up .

madvlad
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 08:52 PM
Dude you're better off getting rid of that heap and get yourself a better bike

WolFeYeZ
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 11:02 PM
Probably power as Matt is letting me use his extra tire warmers.
But you are always welcome Dave, we will make sure there is room if you want.
Be there around 9ish.

Willing to split shade and power with one more person? :)

Radek
Sat Nov 24th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Dude you're better off getting rid of that heap and get yourself a better bike

love this bike , I see no reason selling it,look at Bart,he loves his old gixer

aspenbum
Sat Nov 24th, 2012, 07:06 AM
On my way down to pick up a clutch fiber pack from Spero. See you there!

madvlad
Sat Nov 24th, 2012, 07:27 AM

How much is one without power?

thankgod
Sat Nov 24th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Damnit, I just saw this!!!! Would have come out! :bs:

madvlad
Sat Nov 24th, 2012, 04:41 PM
man you missed out on a great day, best Thanksgiving weekend ever! good seeing you guys out here, I will have pictures up later

Bueller
Sat Nov 24th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Being off the bike for a month sure takes it's toll. I am sore and tired. Great day of riding though!

buddahson
Sat Nov 24th, 2012, 09:13 PM
^+1

madvlad
Sat Nov 24th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Yea, my legs specially knees are starting to hurt like a mother right now but it was worth it haha... Well here are some pictures, sorry about the crappy quality. I'm still trying out settings and such:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Rollatunerz1022/Highplains%20Raceway%20Winter%20Lapping%20Day%2011-24-12/

guambra2001
Sat Nov 24th, 2012, 10:04 PM
It was a great day indeed. Awesome day for this, and nice to see some of you guys out there.

Bueller
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Ouch!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Rollatunerz1022/Highplains%20Raceway%20Winter%20Lapping%20Day%2011-24-12/DSC_0132.jpg

pdfruth
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Ouch!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Rollatunerz1022/Highplains%20Raceway%20Winter%20Lapping%20Day%2011-24-12/DSC_0132.jpg

Oh, oh... That's not the way she's sposed to look.
Didn't see anything above about any major off/injury. Hopefully it was minor and you're ok.

pdfruth
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 08:38 AM
It was a great day indeed. Awesome day for this, and nice to see some of you guys out there.

Looks like it was an incredible day for sure... upper 60's, low 70's on Nov 24th... wow!

mauser72
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks for posting those pics vlad it was a perfect day for being the end of november hopefully we will be able to get a few more like it this winter.

Didn't see anything above about any major off/injury. Hopefully it was minor and you're ok.
No major injurys he just ran out of track on turn 7

Bueller
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Wasn't me, just linked a photo outa Mad's photobucket.
There were a few getoffs yesterday, didn't look like anyone was seriously hurt. I am kind of glad I am running street tires on the F2, they grip pretty well on cold asphalt with no warmers.

madvlad
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 11:40 AM

That was aspenbum and I'm sure he'll chime in to tell the story, he seemed a bit sore and hurting there at the end of the session but overall the bike still runs just needs TLC and he was good.

Thanks for posting those pics vlad it was a perfect day for being the end of november hopefully we will be able to get a few more like it this winter.

No major injuries he just ran out of track on turn 7

No problem dude, hopefully it's kind of what you were looking for. Unfortunately didn't have many angles to play with but damn it was a fun day for sure! Slept like a baby last night, can't even remember my head hitting the pillow before I was out haha

There were a few getoffs yesterday, didn't look like anyone was seriously hurt. I am kind of glad I am running street tires on the F2, they grip pretty well on cold asphalt with no warmers.

Yea, the Q2's on the R6 were grabbing rather well for sure. Thankfully the sun was out for a few hours helping the track temp a little bit.

Bashed
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 04:23 PM

The Clutchpak strikes!
Seemed like alot of people crashing, expecially for a fun trackday.
I understand things happen but there was at least 5 crashes, and I doubt there was 25 riders. Not a very good percentage.
Regaurdless, I had a great time even with a pulled back.
A huge thanks out to Mike A for letting us come play in his sandbox!
Thanks for everybody else who showed up to meet the minumum.
Till the next one...

Bueller
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 04:49 PM
The Clutchpak strikes!

:lol:

madvlad
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 05:33 PM
That's cold

blaircsf
Sun Nov 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Definitely a good day, was nice to get out and put some more laps in. Still some things to do to the bike before next year, but was fun regardless. Weather was good all things considered.

Bueller
Mon Nov 26th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Link to video
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=708887#post708887

aspenbum
Tue Nov 27th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Yes this is my GSXR. Im not sure exactly what I did, but after watching the video i think i just entered the turn late, and pushed the exit of 7 off the track in 4th gear. Ill post up my videos from Saturday some day this week when i get a chance.

Im okay, just a couple bruises :D.

If your gonna be dumb, you better be tough!

Ouch!