PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo Trails

Husky
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
Are you still allowed to ride in Pueblo around where they have their road course and drag strip. I know you use to be able to go dirt biken there but heard it got closed off?

UglyDogRacing
Thu Nov 22nd, 2012, 08:48 PM
Are you still allowed to ride in Pueblo around where they have their road course and drag strip. I know you use to be able to go dirt biken there but heard it got closed off?

Yes but the riding there sucks. You're better of going to the hare scramble track across from PPIR if you are heading down that way.

jgixxer1
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 04:51 AM
The good stuff by the cliffs/southwest corner of the area is closed off, but everyone still rides there. Some gnarley single trackish hill climbs if thats what you like. But yes, the rest of PMI sucks.

kawasakirob
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 02:13 PM
The dirt riding near Bishops castle is nice. Very Technical though.

Husky
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks I appreciate the tips

jgixxer1
Fri Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:25 PM
2 of my favorite trails are up there. St. Charles and Snow Slide. They are pretty gnarley though. They are both on the west side of the highway. Snowslide will have snow near the top. I rode it a month ago and thete was about 3". St Charles is pronably dry.

If you want a little easier going trails, stay on the east side of highway. There is a trailhead directly across from Bishop's Castle. Right by the mailbox.

kawasakirob
Sat Nov 24th, 2012, 10:23 PM
^ domerock trail? The Lake San Isabelle area is one of my favorite places to ride trails. I remember when I first rode in that area and it kicked my ass hard. Riding up st. Charles then down the switchbacks...oh man. What an awakening.