PDA

View Full Version : Got Turbo on

Husky
Thu Nov 29th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Well got the turbo on the new drag bike and made some pulls on the Dyno. So far the bike made 281 HP with 159lbs of torque and Quik Cycles have more tuning to do.

madvlad
Thu Nov 29th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Awesome dude, that thing is going to be ridiculous down the drag strip. Bill Comegy owner of GPM has a turbo'd 08 busa and that thing is insane! Pulled somewhere close to your numbers at 7.5 psi

Husky
Thu Nov 29th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah I know Bill, he definatley has a fast bike. I cant wait to go try it out. Nice thing about the RCC turbos you can just turn the boost up to 12 psi to make 400 hp

Ghosty
Thu Nov 29th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah I know Bill, he definatley has a fast bike. I cant wait to go try it out. Nice thing about the RCC turbos you can just turn the boost up to 12 psi to make 400 hp
Badass!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/worship.gif

You turbo-bike guys got balls of steel, I swear. What kinda fuel/octane, any Ethanol or meth inj., etc.? Any supplimental (spray or inj.) on the IC?

madvlad
Thu Nov 29th, 2012, 07:28 PM
12 psi? Holy God lol sounds like fun for sure haha, are you running on 114?. Let us know when you'll run it at Bandi and I'm down to go see what that beast will do. I can take pics and vid too :D

Husky
Thu Nov 29th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Badass!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/worship.gif

You turbo-bike guys got balls of steel, I swear. What kinda fuel/octane, any Ethanol or meth inj., etc.? Any supplimental (spray or inj.) on the IC?

Thanks, at 7lbs of boost which makes 250 hp you are still safe to run pump gas. We are going to run 104 race gas. After I get some runs down the track under my belt we will turn the boost up and will run a gas/alcohol mixture and maybe try some water injection

Husky
Thu Nov 29th, 2012, 08:15 PM
12 psi? Holy God lol sounds like fun for sure haha, are you running on 114?. Let us know when you'll run it at Bandi and I'm down to go see what that beast will do. I can take pics and vid too :D

Right now the bike is only set at 7.25psi of boost and makes 281 Hp. I wont be turning it up to 12psi for a while until I get comfortable running at 7.25 as that should have the bike running low 9's in the 1/4 somewhere between 160-170 mph.

Will definately let you know when we take the bike to the track, be nice to have some pics/vid of the first runs.

madvlad
Thu Nov 29th, 2012, 08:25 PM
That rush at 7.25 full on has to be phenomenal!, yea dude let me know and I'll come out to take pics and video of the sessions. Though I'm not into drags much but always up for anything with racing :D

MilkMan
Thu Nov 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Thats awesome man! Glad to hear the new bike and power plant are thowing down some scratch!! Things gonna fly next season! I'll look forward to getting my ass handed to me by you again next year lol! Have any pics of the bike and setup done?
-Mick-

Husky
Fri Nov 30th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Thats awesome man! Glad to hear the new bike and power plant are thowing down some scratch!! Things gonna fly next season! I'll look forward to getting my ass handed to me by you again next year lol! Have any pics of the bike and setup done?
-Mick-

Thanks Mick, I've always enjoyed racing with you. I will take some pics and post them in near future. The bike is still down at Quik cycles getting tuned and trying to stilll squeeze more hp out of it. I just noticed your sig.that your bike got stolen?! when did that happen?

kawasakirob
Fri Nov 30th, 2012, 07:19 PM
That bike sounds like a beast! I can only imagine the pull that thing must have!

MilkMan
Sat Dec 1st, 2012, 10:22 AM
Thanks Mick, I've always enjoyed racing with you. I will take some pics and post them in near future. The bike is still down at Quik cycles getting tuned and trying to stilll squeeze more hp out of it. I just noticed your sig.that your bike got stolen?! when did that happen?

The GSXR got stolen back in the middle of July. Took about 8 weeks for insurance to close out the claim. And I picked up a mint 08 r1 to replace it a month or so ago. That was no fun to have it go missing in the middle of riding/race season. Looking forward to seeing the new bike out this year though! Bet that things gonna be a blast man!
-Mick-

Husky
Sat Dec 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
The GSXR got stolen back in the middle of July. Took about 8 weeks for insurance to close out the claim. And I picked up a mint 08 r1 to replace it a month or so ago. That was no fun to have it go missing in the middle of riding/race season. Looking forward to seeing the new bike out this year though! Bet that things gonna be a blast man!
-Mick-

Congrats on your new bike, those R1 are beautiful and fast. That bike should get with the program on the track, look forward to seeing what you run.

Husky
Sat Dec 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM
That bike sounds like a beast! I can only imagine the pull that thing must have!

Thanks Rob, I'm pretty excited to see what it will do.