PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Motorcycling TOOLS on the road - a poll

Vance
Thu Dec 6th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Observation:

While more and more motorcycles seem to be out on the road these days - it gives more and more people opportunity to be giant flaming TOOLS in their behavior.

I've observed some truly gracious and upstanding behavior from motorcyclists - but also some absolutely reprehensible behavior as well. So that got me thinking: Who is the biggest tool you observe / think diminishes the motorcyclist image out there?

#1Townie
Thu Dec 6th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I see no poll. But i think its fairly equal. Sport bike riders have more then their fair share just as all the rest of the two wheels. And yes im lumping bicycles in this as well.

madvlad
Thu Dec 6th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I truly think that all of us at some point have helped deminish two wheel perspective from the other end by making dumb choices, only difference is that some of us grew out of the wreckless/careless stage and others are either on their way out of it or remain there because their minds don't grasp the consequences of riding like such will bite them in the ass sooner or later... Like Jkol said "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

Vance
Thu Dec 6th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Look again... poll is posted.

bulldog
Thu Dec 6th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I'd still have to say the drunk driver; especially on a sportbike! It's stupid to DUI, but you have to be a a bigger "Tool" to drink and drive and get on a sportbike. No consideration for other people on the raod and just pure selfishness.

That is my vote :D

EDIT: Ooops, no poll when I wrote this. Oh well.....

sloridr
Thu Dec 6th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I see no poll. But i think its fairly equal. Sport bike riders have more then their fair share just as all the rest of the two wheels. And yes im lumping bicycles in this as well.

^^^This. There is always someone in every group that is a tool. Be it cars, motorcycles, bicycles, truck drivers, or even grocery store workers.

asp_125
Thu Dec 6th, 2012, 12:38 PM
The worse (motorcycle) offenders are the ones that stand out from the crowd, no matter what they're riding. Harley types with their too loud pipes, wannabee stunnas riding like idiots, smoky burnouts in public and generally being asshats. Don't want the negative attention? Don't be a tool.

Drano
Thu Dec 6th, 2012, 12:41 PM
This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg9XpnsbDuw

I have no issues with stunting when it's performed off the streets or in a controlled environment. It's really impressive to see what people can do. What I take issue with is a bunch of asshats combined together, blocking all lanes of traffic, and putting every one around them at risk to show off their skills.

I agree that it's more than one thing, but eliminating these kinds of rides would be a big step in the right direction.

Jmetz
Thu Dec 6th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Sport bike gangs. /thread

Thanks Biker Boys!

#1Townie
Thu Dec 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Im not going to lie i loved settling down and only riding in a parking lot but it was never the same as rocking a high speed wheelie on some back road. Riding those wheelies was the most peaceful thing i have ever done. It sounds crazy but its the truth. No matter what was going on when you rock a long high speed wheelie there is no longer a rush. It slows down. None of the problems with life follow you there. Its just you the road and the wheelie.

Aaron
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 12:39 AM
What about the helmet-mohawk wearing rider?

BC14
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 05:21 AM
All of the above. Anyone drawing "Hey, look at me!" attention is bound to reflect negatively on the 2-wheel community.

ThorsTwin
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Lets just ban all motorcycles. Too dangerous for society..........lol.

#1Townie
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Lets just ban all motorcycles. Too dangerous for society..........lol.

agreed. and cars.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 04:10 PM
I was hoping this thread was about the best multi-tool to take on a ride but I voted anyway.

Aaron
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 05:42 PM
All of the above. Anyone drawing "Hey, look at me!" attention is bound to reflect negatively on the 2-wheel community.
I disagree, attention is what I want while riding, I want the cages to notice me. At the very least before they make a move they might think, "Hey where is that motorcycle?" Anything to increase their awareness is something I want.

Drano
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 07:14 PM
:slap: Aaron, are you fishing to find supporters for that ridiculous mohawk of yours?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27155705.jpg

Here's my vote: :down:

I still love you, but if people ask if you're in my riding group I'll politely say, "That guy with the mohawk? Nope, I don't know him. Too bad though, he rides a nice bike." :lol:

madvlad
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Well one thing is staying visible for safety and another being an idiot on the road to draw attention. I tend to wear colors such as white and yellow to stay as visible as possible.

#1Townie
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Hey we need a option for that townie dude.

I would just like to say i dont care about the hawks anymore. It used to bother me but now im like who cares.

madvlad
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Hey we need a option for that townie dude.

I would just like to say i dont care about the hawks anymore. It used to bother me but now im like who cares.

That's cause you secretly rock one lol

#1Townie
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 07:59 PM
If you have no photo evidence of this it didnt happen.

salsashark
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I was hoping this thread was about the best multi-tool to take on a ride but I voted anyway.

8) ha... me too

As for the winner? Kobayashi Maru.

derekm
Tue Dec 18th, 2012, 11:18 PM
riding bikes was eh for me for the most part:roll:, thats why I did tricks everywhere:loop: