PDA

View Full Version : The solution for not putting your feet down...

Snowman
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 10:46 AM
It will take a 'baby elephant' to knock over this bike (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/9776325.stm)

dirkterrell
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Interesting concept. I wonder if they have tried it on a slippery surface yet. I can see the gyros getting all unhappy with that.

birchyboy
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I hope there's some logic in there that disables or reduces the gyroscopes effect during cornering. That would get pretty unnerving.

dirkterrell
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I hope there's some logic in there that disables or reduces the gyroscopes effect during cornering. That would get pretty unnerving.

I'm guessing what they do is take input from the steering wheel to compute what the lean angle should be and then have the gyros enforce that lean angle. This thing is more like a car with two wheels than a motorcycle.

Jmetz
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Being vertically challenged, I would totally take a gyroscopic system on my bike that was manually engageable.

bulldog
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Damn, for $24K I'd have to pass :lol: Cool idea though

asp_125
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Interesting concept

Snowman
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Being vertically challenged, I would totally take a gyroscopic system on my bike that was manually engageable.Just something that spun up under 10mph would work fine.

Jmetz
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Originally I was thinking 5mph but i could see where it might be an issue with low speed maneuvers.

Ghosty
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Sweet, definitely need to go in this direction for solo commuters, cut down on that "75% of Americans drive solo", at least some of the time.

Love that short clip of the Indian family and two dogs on one cycle, lol!

Stuart Little
Wed Dec 12th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Sweet, definitely need to go in this direction for solo commuters, cut down on that "75% of Americans drive solo", at least some of the time.

Love that short clip of the Indian family and two dogs on one cycle, lol!

Then they'll want to go faster and we'll get more motorcyclists, and some day, a dedicated motorcycling lane!!!

I can dream...