PDA

View Full Version : Clear Bra on headlights: What Shop?

Titus
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 06:25 PM
So my GX front bumper just got repaired from a 35mph collision with a deer, and I have brand spanking new OEM headlights.

I need just the headlights Clear Bra'ed to keep them looking new. What shop should I use?

Ezzzzy1
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Do it yourself! Look on ebay or I can shoot you the company I always use. Headlights are easy

Titus
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Let me know who you've used. From searching online I've seen the Lamin-X kits. They seem to be pretty high quality, I just don't want to botch the install.

mdub
Tue Dec 11th, 2012, 07:24 PM
yeah and after a cpl yrs you can peel off and re-apply

Ghosty
Wed Dec 12th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Heya brother. If you don't DIY, hit up ScubaSteve and MeddlingKids-Adam on CRN, FB, or I can shoot you their phone#'s. They're on my friends list if not on yours already. Both know some quality reputable outfits in the Springs by you. Same with tint, etc.

Merry Christmas to you and yours Titus! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/SantaBeard.jpg

Oh yeah, what color GX? Nice luxo-truck!

Ezzzzy1
Wed Dec 12th, 2012, 11:12 AM
These guys are great! Here (http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-x24-3M-Scotchgard-Paint-Protection-Film-Bra-BULK-Clear-Special-SALE-/290822832581?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b66441c5&vxp=mtr)

I have probably bought from them a dozed times. Really the important part is just that what you are buying is good quality. The 3M is really the best IMO but any of the "name brand" ones will work well. Avoid the knock offs for sure.

I was a little intimidated the first time I decided to do it but it worked out well. I havent looked but there has to be some videos floating around.

I did the tank on my last bike and that turned out good as well. Just a thought when buying, if you plan on doing the tank you will need wider than the link but they will do any size.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Titus
Wed Dec 12th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Thx Ezzzy. I'm probably not gonna DIY. I'd rather have a pro install it. But I'm definitely gonna go with 3M.

Ghosty: yeah, If you pm me their numbers I'll shoot them a call. I'm actually up in metro Denver now, out in west arvada.

& the GX is black, & it's a pretty nice ride. It needs limo tint too.

Ghosty
Thu Dec 13th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Do you want to try to find a good place up here? Timmy here on CRN knows a good tinter, maybe does clear too. PM him.

I'll also ping you with Scuba & Adam's #.

Sully
Thu Dec 13th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I've used the place next to Vickery on Parker Rd. & Iliff. They did a great job.. (sorry I don't remember the name right now)