PDA

View Full Version : Stupid TV commercials....

Ezzzzy1
Wed Dec 12th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Finally someone with a brain put an end to the loud commercials!

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/loud-commercials

bulldog
Thu Dec 13th, 2012, 08:09 AM
And it goes into effect today, nice :up:

FZRACE97
Thu Dec 13th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Mute button is the greatest invention since sliced bread.

The Duluth Jeans commercials are pretty funny though, I LOL.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Dec 13th, 2012, 09:02 AM
The Duluth Jean commercials are good...

I dont mind the commercials it just pissed me off that all the sudden one would be twice as loud as everything else. Even worse when it would wake one of the kids up.

To me it was disrespectful because they could give a shit less about anything more than you hearing their stupid sales pitch. Even weirder that it took a law... That the cable companies werent able to just say knock it off.

Ghosty
Thu Dec 13th, 2012, 09:35 AM
THANK LAWD!!! That is definitely one of the most annoying things. Changing channels landing on a blasting informercial or whatever, especially on an HTS.

For ONCE, the FCC is doing something worthwhile? MIRACLES never cease. Previously working in the Telco industry, I've learned that agency has their heads permantly stuck up their ass. Especially in favor of asshole Comcast vs. local companies.

asp_125
Thu Dec 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Mute button + DVR skip forward... best things ever.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 13th, 2012, 11:48 AM
For ONCE, the FCC is doing something worthwhile? MIRACLES never cease. Previously working in the Telco industry, I've learned that agency has their heads permantly stuck up their ass. Especially in favor of asshole Comcast vs. local companies.

They have their moments, though considering the political pressure they get from companies like Comcast, I'm not surprised at their douchebaggery.

The FCC chairman also just sent a letter to the FAA telling them to knock off banning tablets on airplanes, so they get some points for that too.

Ghosty
Thu Dec 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
At least until some damn extremist figures out how to embed something sinister inside a tablet that looks normal through x-ray machines. Then the FAA/HLS will say, "told ya so"... Ahhh, the loveliness of a post 9/11 world.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/sad.gif

rforsythe
Thu Dec 13th, 2012, 01:04 PM
At least until some damn extremist figures out how to embed something sinister inside a tablet that looks normal through x-ray machines. Then the FAA/HLS will say, "told ya so"... Ahhh, the loveliness of a post 9/11 world.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/sad.gif

They can still bring them on a plane either way. This just addresses the "keep your shit turned off" thing.

mdub
Thu Dec 13th, 2012, 01:40 PM
yeah....the dvr is good. but i dont like it when you are in on - demand and cannot fast forward on certain shows. guess the advertiser pay extra $$ to make sure you see them.