PDA

View Full Version : Ducati supersport classic

madvlad
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Looking for insight on this as I am thinking on buying one soon, just in love with it and can't say I want another bike really. Just need to know the usual stuff as far as maintenance costs, reliability etc. Never owned an Italian bike before so just curious if it would be a good debt to get into haha thanks in advance fellas!

http://bourbonologist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2008-Ducati-SportClassic-1000Bipostoa-tourdelans1.jpg

birchyboy
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I've got a "friend" on another forum that has had one from a couple years; he moved up from an SV650. He's done a bunch to it and loves it. I can try and get you two in touch if you want.

FZjake719
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 08:58 AM
ohhhhh my. I dont blame you for being in love, that thing is fantastically sex.

Is a requirement for owning an Itallian bike wearing scarves and saying "Ciao" as you ride off into the sunset, while eating a plate of parmesean pasta?? :D

Seriously though, that is a Beautiful bike. Get it, on that fact alone. RIGHTMEOW!!

sprtbkbabe
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 09:00 AM
For 1/8th the price, you can buy a used racebike and have more fun :devil2:

Fumet5uNo
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 09:05 AM
if you take the time to learn to do valves and belts your self "very easy" the bike will last you a long long time again doing valves and belts on a duc is super easy so the bike will cost you next to nothing to own

madvlad
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 09:31 AM
ohhhhh my. I dont blame you for being in love, that thing is fantastically sex.

Is a requirement for owning an Itallian bike wearing scarves and saying "Ciao" as you ride off into the sunset, while eating a plate of parmesean pasta?? :D

Seriously though, that is a Beautiful bike. Get it, on that fact alone. RIGHTMEOW!!

No scarfs haha, never was a fan of Ducati or italian bikes till I rode Barn's Aprilia RSV-R Factory and now seeing this thing I am just going to the dark side :lol:

I will spend most of my days at the track now that I got a promotion at work and will have the money to make it happen though it will only be superstreet and track days for 2013 after I get better to step in with the big dogs, really bummed out about having to let Joe's CBR go and wishing that these news would've came around that time lol... I just want this one for the road for an ocassional canyon ride or quick city ride but street days are few to none for me after stepping in at HPR with the CBR which of course I have to thank you for hehe :D

if you take the time to learn to do valves and belts your self "very easy" the bike will last you a long long time again doing valves and belts on a duc is super easy so the bike will cost you next to nothing to own

I assume the maintenance intervals are just about as common and expensive as the 746's?

asp_125
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 10:01 AM
:up: The only retro cafe bike (well.. that or a Norton) I'd consider trading in the Thruxton for. ;) So rare.

I test rode them when the Duc Truck was in town. The only minor thing was the seat. It's kind of wide and the seams dig into you.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcd/3436572851.html (But it's missing the bullet fairing)

JKOL
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I say get it, its a sexy bike. Just be sure to get rid of that god awful factory brake/signals setup and get something integrated like the SS Classic in TRON.

http://youtu.be/zuCjHXLHGUk

tecknojoe
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 10:14 AM

THIS

You can't race that damn thing damir!

madvlad
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 10:17 AM
:up: The only retro cafe bike (well.. that or a Norton) I'd consider trading in the Thruxton for. ;) So rare.

I test rode them when the Duc Truck was in town. The only minor thing was the seat. It's kind of wide and the seams dig into you.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcd/3436572851.html (But it's missing the bullet fairing)

I would take off the bullet fairing anyways, I like the naked look of those. Just an awesome cafe style bike, love the vintage yet modern look of it. I like your Thruxton though, thing is clean!

I say get it, its a sexy bike. Just be sure to get rid of that god awful factory brake/signals setup and get something integrated like the SS Classic in TRON.

http://youtu.be/zuCjHXLHGUk

Yea that would be one of the first few mods I'd do depending on what I find in the next year. I want the one just like in the movie but hard to find these in any color anymore mainly black ones. The search is on though!

JKOL
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I would take off the bullet fairing anyways, I like the naked look of those. Just an awesome cafe style bike, love the vintage yet modern look of it. I like your Thruxton though, thing is clean!

Yea that would be one of the first few mods I'd do depending on what I find in the next year. I want the one just like in the movie but hard to find these in any color anymore mainly black ones. The search is on though!

Black is the only color for this bike IMO, any other would just be silly looking.

asp_125
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 10:25 AM

No, it's matching Ducati jacket and helmet and black patent leather shoes, while sipping doppio espresso outside the Golden Starbucks on weekends. ;) :D

madvlad
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Black is the only color for this bike IMO, any other would just be silly looking.

Yes sir, another reason why the search continues haha. These are so damn hard to come by.

No, it's matching Ducati jacket and helmet and black patent leather shoes, while sipping doppio espresso outside the Golden Starbucks on weekends. ;) :D

I would rather do that at Paris on the Platte :D

Matty
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 11:42 AM

Hey man.... I'm still rocking a non-Ducati Shoei helmet (the Ducati Arai helmet doesnt fit my head,lol) along with an A* jacket and boots!!!

Ghosty
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Sexy, and classy looking in black. Report back after riding one.

Sleev
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 12:09 PM

Duc truck WTF.

my poem for the day. thank you

madvlad
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Sexy looking in black. Report back after riding one.

For sure, it'll be a few before I find it but hopefully soon or find someone who can let me do a quick spin around the block with it. I was going to build a CB250 for a cafe but this thing stole my heart lol

asp_125
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Yes sir, another reason why the search continues haha. These are so damn hard to come by.

http://www.searchtempest.com/results.php?location=80130&maxDist=50000&region_us=1&search_string=Ducati+sport+classic&keytype=adv&Region=na&cityselect=zip&page=0&category=8&subcat=mca&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/3392919798.html

Thank me later by letting me ride it.

Fumet5uNo
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 12:40 PM
When it comes to the duc motor maintenance is dependent on how u ride ride hard shrink ur mileage ride nice stretch it out had a track bike with testa motor had to do the valves every 3k ish vs soft ride desquatro almost 12 k between jobs

madvlad
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 01:00 PM
When it comes to the duc motor maintenance is dependent on how u ride ride hard shrink ur mileage ride nice stretch it out had a track bike with testa motor had to do the valves every 3k ish vs soft ride desquatro almost 12 k between jobs

I have a heavy foot or well arm in this instance, however this Duc being rare and not meant to be pushed like a sportbike I doubt I'll ride it hard at all as it'll be more of a mellow weekend ride or the ocassional commute to work but about it, that's where the racebike will come into play :devious:... How much does a regular service runs for these usually?

http://www.searchtempest.com/results.php?location=80130&maxDist=50000&region_us=1&search_string=Ducati+sport+classic&keytype=adv&Region=na&cityselect=zip&page=0&category=8&subcat=mca&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max (http://www.searchtempest.com/results.php?location=80130&maxDist=50000&region_us=1&search_string=Ducati+sport+classic&keytype=adv&Region=na&cityselect=zip&page=0&category=8&subcat=mca&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max)

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/3392919798.html (http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/3392919798.html)

Thank me later by letting me ride it.

O....M.....GAH!..... :drool:

asp_125
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 01:08 PM
O....M.....GAH!..... :drool:

Tell me about it, the demo ones I rode all had Termis on them. Aural sex!

Fumet5uNo
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Call around and ask think Fay's is 600 for 7k service on testastrada that motor should be cheaper

JKOL
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM
The one on Craigslist has the FLEDA Light KIT which is like the TRON Duc had. You are young, no need for a savings account. The $ becomes worthless each day, might as well invest in realiable and fuel efficient transportation.

mauser72
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Buy it vlad you will not be dissapointed and they really arent that difficult to work on you having automotive experience will help. I take it you decided not to go for an 848

madvlad
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 04:27 PM
The one on Craigslist has the FLEDA Light KIT which is like the TRON Duc had. You are young, no need for a savings account. The $ becomes worthless each day, might as well invest in realiable and fuel efficient transportation.

Yea, the R1 got a lot of my commuting miles due to that fact. Cheap and reliable way to move around the city mainly when gas is over $4 during the summer lol... I'm buying it, just need some time.

Call around and ask think Fay's is 600 for 7k service on testastrada that motor should be cheaper

Word, as long as it's not ridiculous mileage intervals and insane money for a couple things should be okay lol

Buy it vlad you will not be dissapointed and they really arent that difficult to work on you having automotive experience will help. I take it you decided not to go for an 848

I wanted the 848 for sure but then I saw this thing and I was like 84wha? haha, I've always liked the cafe bikes and have wanted one since I was a kid, what got me about this S.S Classic is the vintage yet modern look. I just figured that I've tried and owned plenty of sportbikes in my short 8 year riding span and it's time to expand that experience to other type of bikes (except HD).

tecknojoe
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 04:31 PM
hmmmm

you wanna buy my r6?

mauser72
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I wanted the 848 for sure but then I saw this thing and I was like 84wha? haha, I've always liked the cafe bikes and have wanted one since I was a kid, what got me about this S.S Classic is the vintage yet modern look. I just figured that I've tried and owned plenty of sportbikes in my short 8 year riding span and it's time to expand that experience to other type of bikes (except HD).
I get it they are cool and when I was looking at them at the dealer I was amazed at the craftsmanship of them like all the little mounts and things are all stainless little bits it seems like almost no cheap plastic bits holding things together

madvlad
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 07:02 PM
hmmmm

you wanna buy my r6?

For racing I am tempted lol.... You going for a newer R6 for race?

I get it they are cool and when I was looking at them at the dealer I was amazed at the craftsmanship of them like all the little mounts and things are all stainless little bits it seems like almost no cheap plastic bits holding things together

I haven't seen one in person yet but if I am this amazed with it by pictures and stuff I seriously can't wait to see it in person. Gotta track down someone local to see it or maybe even visit Motorado and see the silver one there to get a glance :D

Jmetz
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Bike sucks.

mdub
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Bike sucks.

:up:

madvlad
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Bike sucks.

:no: I thought we was homies

:up:

Really? :lol:

mdub
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 07:38 PM

Really? :lol:

it is your take....just my agreement. ;)

madvlad
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Each person has their opinion bro, not saying it in a mean way haha

mdub
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Each person has their opinion bro, not saying it in a mean way haha

i know man. . you have not one mean bone associated to your skeletal structure.

Jmetz
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 07:47 PM

:lol: Someone had to do it.

madvlad
Fri Dec 14th, 2012, 07:52 PM
i know man. . you have not one mean bone associated to your skeletal structure.

That's cause we have no issues lol... My high school days were fight central and not very proud of it. Lot of anger lol

:lol: Someone had to do it.

yea saw it coming