PDA

View Full Version : A good Yamaha dealer

R1Guy
Tue Dec 10th, 2002, 10:37 PM
Yamaha has a promotion on all motorcycles for 0 down 0 payments till June of 2003. It expires in december and I thought that if I could get a good deal I'd pick up an R1. Does anyone know of any good dealers in the Westminster area. Or maybe just a Yamaha dealer that they have had a good experience with?

Anonymous
Wed Dec 11th, 2002, 04:52 AM
I got my '02 R1 at Vickery Motorsports http://www.vickerymotorsports.com/

303-755-4387 - ask for Blake - tell him Bob sent you.

Burnout
Wed Dec 11th, 2002, 08:10 AM
I'd talk to Greg Glennie at Colorado Powersports in Boulder. He's a good guy.

UglyDogRacing
Wed Dec 11th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Colorado Powersports in Castle Rock is great place to buy a Yamaha or Suzuki (Mike Applehans will 2nd that). Go see either Matt Brown, the sales manager, or Gerard Bourn, the GM.

R1Guy
Wed Dec 11th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Thanks guys. By the way...Does anyone know the MSRP on an 03 R1. I cant find it anywhere on the net. Yamaha hasnt updated it yet on the web. I know a Gixxer 1000 is 10,499, so an R1 couldnt be too far off.

UglyDogRacing
Wed Dec 11th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Thanks guys. By the way...Does anyone know the MSRP on an 03 R1. I cant find it anywhere on the net. Yamaha hasnt updated it yet on the web. I know a Gixxer 1000 is 10,499, so an R1 couldnt be too far off.

$10,299

BlueDevil
Fri Dec 13th, 2002, 09:13 AM
I have bought from Vickery Motorsports in the past and they were great. I would agree with all the other posts as well.

DrEvilR1
Sat Dec 14th, 2002, 12:09 AM
Vickery - they're the biggest Yamaha dealer in the state...

People are friendly and prices are competitive...

itsme
Sat Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:38 PM
10,000 just had a freind get 1

Rick T.
Fri Apr 11th, 2003, 06:19 PM
I was just at Vickery today - looking at a blue '03 R6. After what seemed like forever... some guy named Rich finally approached me to ask if I needed any help (uuuhhh, no I'm just standing here staring at this R6 because I like the color blue...). "Rich" seemed uninterested and patronizing ("Neat bike huh, yeah, has all new stuff... blah, blah) - hmmmm... nothing he said indicated to me he knew anything about the '03 R6.

I'll try Co Powersports and see what comes of it. I'm "considering" the possiblity of replacing the Speed Four with an R6. Still torn...

Any insight on R owners...?

NineTwoFour
Tue Apr 15th, 2003, 02:07 PM
I just bought a new R6 this past weekend and I am really pleased with it. The handling is really neutral and the suspension is really well composed on the crappy pavement you find around here. Feels like a 400# bike should feel. Hard to comment on the power, as I have been taking it pretty easy on her. Doesn't have the low end grunt my GPz1100 had, but then again no 600 does. Brakes could have a bit more initial bite, but they work well enough. Haven't really ridden hard enough to comment on whether they fade, but I will be getting some SS brake lines soon enough. They D-208 tires are STICKY, I just hope they last more than a few thousand miles. I have just one word for this bike. SMOOOOOTH.

I just need to get it in for the 600 mile service so I can start really racking up the miles. I want to do a track day, but I am not sure I want to risk rashing up my brand new plastics. I think I will wait until I can get some slightly rashed ones off of EBay.

I went to every dealer in Denver and had much the same experience you did. Either the salespeople were morons, or they didn't even bother to try and help me. So... I went up to Ft. Collins and they were cool with me. Bought it from them, and once I pay of the R6 I will buy another bike from them.

Anonymous
Tue Apr 15th, 2003, 02:18 PM
They D-208 tires are STICKY, I just hope they last more than a few thousand miles.On my R1, I got 4500 miles on the rear tire, and 9200 on the front (I probably should have changed the front sooner :D ). I do a lot of commuting on my bike, and these numbers include riding it to Vegas last year.

NineTwoFour
Tue Apr 15th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Whew.....

I was worried I would be changing these things every other month, or going to a sport-touring tire. :roll:

BlueDevil
Mon May 12th, 2003, 08:32 AM
I got my '02 R1 at Vickery Motorsports http://www.vickerymotorsports.com/

303-755-4387 - ask for Blake - tell him Bob sent you.

I agree. I have bought an R6 and 2 R1's and so far Vickery was the best. May want to try the new dealer on 52nd and I25 also. Wolff Yamaha. New store and some good guys there. Vickery is well worth the drive though.

I ordered an R6 in 99 from them and they told me almost to the day when I would get it. Every so often they callled just to check in and let me know other colors were on the floor if I wanted. I waitied and sure enough it came just about when they said. I got there and it was roped off and poilished up. Very satisfied with them.

APark
Mon May 26th, 2003, 10:09 PM
...some guy named Rich finally approached me to ask if I needed any help..."Rich" seemed uninterested and patronizing ("Neat bike huh, yeah, has all new stuff... blah, blah) - hmmmm... nothing he said indicated to me he knew anything about the '03 R6.

I was looking at the R6 blue as well and the same thing happened to me. I was standing in front of it for at least ten minutes with no help. Strange considering car dealers jump on you the second you step out of your car.

I had to go get a salesman myself, which turned out to be Rich. He seemed uninterested and didn't say much to help sway me to get an R6. But after much cajoling(sp), he opened up and started talking about the construction and design of the bike that makes it superior to the CBR. In the end he gave me good info. It just took some work to get it out of him.

If you go back, work with Chuck. I don't know if he knows about sportbikes, but he's a great guy. Also, if you are curious about gear and accessories, look for either Dudley or Doug. I can't remember. Tell him that the Asian guy who freaked out because he thought they sold the last blue R6 sent you. :D