PDA

View Full Version : Tickets from 2 years ago hit my Insurance yesterday - Advice?

Frankie675
Sat Dec 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Been with StateFarm for 3 years and have had nothing but great things to say. I got a bill the other day and found out that they had to double my insurance on my car and bike due to 2 tickets, that I really should not have gotten, 2 years ago. SF said that once the first ticket is dropped in Sept 2013 my rates will go back to normal but until then I cannot afford to pay for their services.

Do you guys know of any good companies that work around tickets? I've never been in an accident and only had bad luck with those two tickets.

I'm actually considering selling the Daytona and getting something slower(ninja 300) or something more on the adventure/cruiser (scrambler) side so dbag cops will leave me the fuck alone. I was pulled over at least 5 different times during those 2 years for all sorts of dumb reasons. I even got pulled over for using a hand signal, which in my opinion is safer. Luckily after the cop jumped out of his car, told me to turn off my bike in the middle of the road at a red light at a busy intersection, decided to let me off with a warning.

***Backstory on the tickets****
I should have used a ticket lawyer for both of the tickets. Maybe others can learn from my mistakes

First Ticket
Traveling south on 93 from Arvada to Golden 10pm. A vehicle with no lights on was traveling north ON MY SHOULDER. It is a one lane so I moved over to the left as far as I could and decreased my speeds to safely avoid this dumbass. Dumbass proceeds to flip a uturn, speed up to catch up to me, puts on his lights and starts tailgating me. Dumbass started making me nervous because I was sure he was drunk or druged out. We get to the intersection of 58 and 93 and stop at the stop light. Unfortunately he got within 3ft of my back tire at the stop light. There was traffic on my right. When the light turned green the guy continued to tailgate me. I made the decision to speed up and get in the right lane. Dumbass turns out to be an undercover dumbass and gives me a ticket for 18 over. I called bullshit and dumbass stated he had a hard time reading my license plate. I try and just talk with him but he doesn't even let me say a word.
I decide that I'd be able to handle the judge because and I would for sure get the ticket dropped. The judge heres what I had to say, tells me I'm a danger, and that I should have pulled off onto the median and let the undercover dumbass pass. I told the judge that there was no median and after assessing the situation I used my best knowledge to avoid a potentially deadly situation. I get 2 points and $200something for fines.

Second Ticket
Traveling 25mph in a suburb in lakewood on a one lane road with my buddy. A pickup truck in front of us slams on his brakes and decides he needed to make a right turn without a turn signal or any indication that he was going to be slowing down. Truck decides not to go through with the turn because it was the wrong turn. Truck continues to go straight with us still behind him. Two blocks later the same situation. My buddy locked up his rear tire this time. My buddy then decides to just pass the guy and get away from him. I followed. A couple blocks later we stop at a stop light and decide to make a left into a park because we were lost. As we proceed into the park 2 cops coming flying in with their lights on and jump out like we just robbed a bank. ......Truck follows the cops into the park and starts yelling at the cops telling them that it was definitely us driving like maniacs. Cops believe this guy in the truck and my buddy starts to get really pissed off, which pisses the cops off. Neither of the cops witnessed us passing the truck. Cop #1 is a female, terrified, and shaking while having my buddy intimidates her. Cop #2 is cool, also rides, is talking to me about what happened. Cop #1 wrote us both careless driving tickets. Cop #2 tells me not to worry, that I will be able to get the ticket dropped. I believed him and went to court....and left with the same charges! -- I do believe I would not have gotten a ticket if my buddy would have just remained calm. I haven't ridden with him since that ticket 2 years ago.

Bueller
Sat Dec 29th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Be happy 2 years went by before they found them an that they didn't cancel you. Cancellation would probably cause more expense with the next carrier. SF has a tendency to dump high risk policies.

Frankie675
Sat Dec 29th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Yeah I was out of country for the last year and couple months. It's funny being back and finding myself driving under the speed limit. I even met some cool guys riding out at deckers and told them I'd keep up with them, but let them drift away as I just enjoyed the ride instead.

Well I went to SF from Progressive because I was paying $180 a month, full coverage, and no tickets and SF did the same for $87 a month. Trading my gsxr750 for the daytona dropped it down to $42 a month! Hopefully I can find another good insurance company.