PDA

View Full Version : Went to a Gun Shop today to see all the hype..

Dietrich_R1
Fri Jan 4th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Dam... should of purchased an AR 6 months ago like I was gonna!!! Prices are 2-3 x what they "normally" sold for!

I was told that the sportsman's warehouse got 10 AR's in this morning. There were 40 people in line before the store opened.... Crazy!

Another guy even said the Ruger 10-22's were wiped out everywhere around the valley!!! And I just "gave-away" my old 10-22 for $25.00 to a company vendor for his son!!

Grim2.0
Fri Jan 4th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Next time you want to sell a gun for cheap hit me up lol.

Dietrich_R1
Fri Jan 4th, 2013, 08:10 PM
I started "chatting" with the guy looking for a 10-22... Lowest price at the store was $300.00 for the basic model.

I recently bought my old bosses custom 10-22 for $300.00... The hand custom stock, bull barrel, scope & mount worth more than all, trigger work, etc... Before the stupidity I could have sold it easily for 1K... I'm now wondering what it's really worth!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmmmm!!

rforsythe
Fri Jan 4th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I was telling Donna I should have stocked up on AR's last year. Could have made a lot of money in the past couple weeks.

Ninja Nate
Fri Jan 4th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Yup, glad i bought my AR the day after the election... People thought i was crazy...

3point5
Fri Jan 4th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Just my opinion but this craze will die down…we have a bill of rights that says we may bare arms…I don't think that's going away…

I can see the frenzy to buy a AR right now - I believe they will be banned in the near future…but when has any law stopped anyone from doing anything in this country…if you look back, heaven forbid we repeat our past but this country was built on breaking rules…

so if people want to pay 2 to 3 times the value of an AR they are the same people that dumped their stocks and quit funding their 401ks in 2007 - I only have 1 thing to say…let them!

just my 2cents…

Wrider
Sat Jan 5th, 2013, 01:06 AM
If you can get on Fort Carson, I was at the BX today with a buddy, and they have Ruger 10/22s still. Basic model with iron sights and wood stock is going for $135.

Dietrich_R1
Sat Jan 5th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I purchased my old bosses Spiffed up 10-22 a year or so ago for $300.00... Bull Barrel, Excellent Optics, Serious Trigger work, and a Custom Stock that rocks. It's Beautiful & more of a target rifle quality.

Then, I put it in front of my gun guy & he said I could sell it for $1200.00 if I put some work into it & $800.00 if I want to just unload it.

Now, I'm thinking I'll have to attend the BIG gun show here in AZ in a couple weeks. Carry a sign on my back with it & wait for the offers. Wondering what I can get for it now?????

Constitution does state we have the "Right to Bear Arms"... It just doesn't clarify what kind!!!

Dietrich_R1
Sat Jan 5th, 2013, 07:33 PM
If you can get on Fort Carson, I was at the BX today with a buddy, and they have Ruger 10/22s still. Basic model with iron sights and wood stock is going for $135.

Buy & Sell... Buy & Sell !!!!!!! No stores in the valley even had any in stock! Unless they were selling them for $350.00!!

Schiff32
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Damn, I've been thinking of buying my first gun(s) lately, but with the craze looks like I'll be holding off.

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Yup, glad i bought my AR the day after the election... People thought i was crazy...

You are looking through too small of a window. What if long term the AR doesnt get banned?

Lets make a deal... If they dont ban the AR you are (legitimately) crazy for buying a gun because of who was elected and if they do ban it you were right.

Deal?

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Constitution does state we have the "Right to Bear Arms"... It just doesn't clarify what kind!!!

Best quote so far.

Wrider
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 01:52 AM
You are looking through too small of a window. What if long term the AR doesnt get banned?

Lets make a deal... If they dont ban the AR you are (legitimately) crazy for buying a gun because of who was elected and if they do ban it you were right.

Deal?

I disagree. I have been wanting one for a while. I bought one because I wanted one and could. The timing just happened to be now. The fact that I saw the writing on the wall only cemented my decision.

EVO8
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 01:58 AM
I was at sportsman this morning, all the nut jobs came in and bought all the semi hand guns but left all the revolvers alone. What a bunch of dumb asses.

Wrider
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 02:42 AM
How so exactly?

Ghosty
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Who cares. Many of us have wanted an AR for a long time, or wanted to expand a collection. This latest deal and coinciding Congressional PANIC and very strong language to respond to Connecticut, was a very legitimate reason to pursue ownership of at least one AR.

I AM the guy that made fun of the gun nuts in 2007/2008 for buying up all the ammo, even though I wanted an AR myself at the time but couldn't afford it. I was hoping for the best. THIS time is a different story, and I'm not a "Chicken Little" guy.

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I disagree. I have been wanting one for a while. I bought one because I wanted one and could. The timing just happened to be now. The fact that I saw the writing on the wall only cemented my decision.

Who cares. Many of us have wanted an AR for a long time, or wanted to expand a collection. This latest deal and coinciding Congressional PANIC and very strong language to respond to Connecticut, was a very legitimate reason to pursue ownership of at least one AR.

I AM the guy that made fun of the gun nuts in 2007/2008 for buying up all the ammo, even though I wanted an AR myself at the time but couldn't afford it. I was hoping for the best. THIS time is a different story, and I'm not a "Chicken Little" guy.

I will make the same deal with you guys that I made with Ninja :lol:

Honestly im not trying to push anyones buttons, matter of fact one of my good friends did the same thing.

It was however funny when talking with that same friend we were talking about hypothetical solutions to the gun "problem" now days and something he brought up was that he would be willing to take some type of "mental" test to get a gun. I said that answering the question "why are you buying a gun" honestly with "because of who the president is" would probably disqualify you from getting one....

Wrider
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Still not seeing how I'm crazy. Again been wanting one for a while, was researching a build for months before everything happened, and as soon as I got my Christmas bonus and another big check from selling a lot of tools into my account, everything had happened and I couldn't find the parts I wanted anymore.

Ghosty
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 02:08 PM
You're NOT crazy Ryan, I wouldn't worry about it. ;)

Hoot
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I fell in that boat too. Was looking and saying yeah I'll grab one after Xmas. Then before you know it sky high.

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Its always funny when you make a comment to someone in specific (ninja, and I was just jesting) and someone else takes it personally.

You (wrider) are the exception... Everyone else is crazy.

I am open to hearing and evaluating everyones AR purchases on a case by case instance. When submitting your appeal to why you bought your AR in the past month please include political affiliation and how many other rifles you have.

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 02:14 PM
After reviewing Ghost and Hoots cases I submit that they are not crazy either.

Awe hell, no one is crazy as they all have good reasoning behind buying guns.

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 02:16 PM
I would bet however that without the shootings and all the media there would be three 4 less AR owners in this thread :lol:

Hoot
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Its always funny when you make a comment to someone in specific (ninja, and I was just jesting) and someone else takes it personally.

You (wrider) are the exception... Everyone else is crazy.

I am open to hearing and evaluating everyones AR purchases on a case by case instance. When submitting your appeal to why you bought your AR in the past month please include political affiliation and how many other rifles you have.

Will this be by a majority vote of a committee or soley based on your discretion. I smell appeals out the wazoo on the horizon...

Hoot
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I would bet however that without the shootings and all the media there would be three 4 less AR owners in this thread :lol:

It did change my timeline.

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Will this be by a majority vote of a committee or soley based on your discretion. I smell appeals out the wazoo on the horizon...

You can be on the committee....

One more thing. Republican submitting with the purchase of their first Rifle automatically fall into the "crazy" bracket :lol: