PDA

View Full Version : Mom shoots intruder to protect kids

Monster
Sat Jan 5th, 2013, 11:03 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/mom-shoots-intruder-5-times

I would have too.

Aaron
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 12:59 AM
5 shots to the head and neck wasn't fatal? She needs to upgrade from air soft.

EVO8
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 02:03 AM
This is the kind of crap that's going to happen if the stupid news media releases the names of people who have guns. Now everyones going to know which houses have no guns.

rforsythe
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 07:15 AM
This is the kind of crap that's going to happen if the stupid news media releases the names of people who have guns. Now everyones going to know which houses have no guns.

What does that article have to do with your statement, other than total speculation?

#1Townie
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 10:29 AM
What does that article have to do with your statement, other than total speculation?

I thought thats all we needed? Lol.

As for the article im not sure i like how it is written. The comments about its unclear if the suspect threatened her any further or whenever a mother shoots someone its because of self defense so she probably wont be charged. Maybe its just my hate for the media but it sounded to me like the reporter was pushing for needing more reasons to use deadly force or that only families with children have the right to self defense. Probably just my hatred for the media.

Ghosty
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 11:59 AM
The article isn't biased against the woman, it verifies they think the woman had every right and did what she needed to do (well besides kill the asshole off for good).

Also, this article has nothing to do with the other thread about the NY Post publishing locations of gun-owners homes.

TFOGGuys
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 04:14 PM
My mom lives in Loganville, just a few miles from where this happened.

http://monroe-ga.patch.com/articles/loganville-mother-shoots-burglar-what-if-she-wasnt-armed-or-if-he-knew-she-was

Her posting on Facebook:

The intruder had recently been released from prison and he was armed with a crowbar. The mom called 911 before she hid her children and herself in the crawlspace. Had the man been intent only on burglarizing the home he would not have been searching for the woman and her children, he would have been busy gathering the valuables in the home. This morning the intruder is on a ventilator in a local hospital. BTW, this happened within 5 miles of my home and if it had been my home, the intruder would have been confronted with a 12 guage shotgun.

Monster
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I am not sure why they can't say the intruder left his rights at the door. She was obviously frightened and hiding from the guy. Next time she needs to use a shotgun.

Zanatos
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 09:02 PM
I bet $100 that mom wasn't using an AK-47, AR-15, MP-5, Uzi, MAC-10, M-1 sniper rifle, or a Tommy gun.

I don't think we should ban those weapons, but I think it should be VERY difficult to get one. For example, buyers should have to obtain special permits, take an 8-hour firearms safety course and qualify with those weapons on a range. I cringe at the fact that any douche bag with the cash can run out and buy powerful assault weapons just because they want them. Then, they can take those weapons home without any clue about how to properly use them, and they can leave the weapons loaded and unsecured where kids, thieves, and pissed off/crazy relatives can access them.

#1Townie
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I bet $100 that mom wasn't using an AK-47, AR-15, MP-5, Uzi, MAC-10, M-1 sniper rifle, or a Tommy gun.

I don't think we should ban those weapons, but I think it should be VERY difficult to get one. For example, buyers should have to obtain special permits, take an 8-hour firearms safety course and qualify with those weapons on a range. I cringe at the fact that any douche bag with the cash can run out and buy powerful assault weapons just because they want them. Then, they can take those weapons home without any clue about how to properly use them, and they can leave the weapons loaded and unsecured where kids, thieves, and pissed off/crazy relatives can access them.

Now you're just trolling.

I would like to see sport bikes banned. The only reason for their existence is to break the law. They kill thousands of innocent people.

Ghosty
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 09:14 PM
I will NEVER live in a state that doesn't have a Castle Law like ours. Good for her, except not killing him, but close enough.

Grim2.0
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Sounds to me like she was not fully trained to aim and handle gun if he isn't dead IMO.

Shotgun is a better home defense system, no aiming required point and shoot.

TFOGGuys
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 09:24 PM
.38 revolver, 158 grain roundnose slugs. If they'd been hollow points, he'd have died before he left the house. She hit him with 5 of the 6 rounds she fired, striking him in the head and chest. She did her part, the bullets failed to do theirs.

Hoot
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Sounds to me like she was not fully trained to aim and handle gun if he isn't dead IMO.

She shot him in the head and neck several times from a crawl space... I think she can aim fine. I think she should ditch the .22lr.

TFOGGuys
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 09:26 PM

Not true. A shotgun still requires skill to use, as the pattern spread at "home defense" distances is roughly 2-4 inches.

Monster
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 09:32 PM
the sound of the shotgun should be the best defense. That is a sound that anyone around guns understands.
Side note-all of this B.S. about having to be trained to have assault rifles and mags isn't going to do anything. There are so many out there that all you are doing is preventing those of us who know how to use them and are sane can't have them without having to pay all of these extra costs to obtain them. Don't give the government that much power because all they will do is take it further. By the way these stupid ideas that large magazines are going to stop anything is also stupid. It is quick and easy to change out magazines.

Grim2.0
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Not true. A shotgun still requires skill to use, as the pattern spread at "home defense" distances is roughly 2-4 inches.

Double barrel sawnoff shotgun, when he found them she takes the shot there would have been nothing left but human salsa on the floor, point and pull.

TFOGGuys
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Double barrel sawnoff shotgun, when he found them she takes the shot there would have been nothing left but human salsa on the floor, point and pull.

If the barrels are shorter than 18 inches, or the overall length is shorter than 26 inches, that would be felony possession of a NFA Title II destructive device. Regardless, from an open choke 12 gauge, buckshot will spread roughly 1 inch for every 10 feet from the muzzle. Shotguns are formidable defensive weapons, but it's not a claymore mine.

Grim2.0
Sun Jan 6th, 2013, 10:30 PM
If the barrels are shorter than 18 inches, or the overall length is shorter than 26 inches, that would be felony possession of a NFA Title II destructive device. Regardless, from an open choke 12 gauge, buckshot will spread roughly 1 inch for every 10 feet from the muzzle. Shotguns are formidable defensive weapons, but it's not a claymore mine.

I had to take my claymore a out after the kid was born, social services frowns upon that.

modette99
Mon Jan 7th, 2013, 07:20 AM

Will they, I have no registered guns...so someone tries comes in and will get shot...are they going to say "but your name was not on the list"...LOL Surprise

rforsythe
Mon Jan 7th, 2013, 08:30 AM
.38 revolver, 158 grain roundnose slugs. If they'd been hollow points, he'd have died before he left the house. She hit him with 5 of the 6 rounds she fired, striking him in the head and chest. She did her part, the bullets failed to do theirs.

No replacement for displacement...

#1Townie
Mon Jan 7th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Sure there is. Nos.

rforsythe
Mon Jan 7th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Sure there is. Nos.

How do you use that with a burglar? Throw the can at him? Stick the hose up the south side and see how much faster he runs away?

#1Townie
Mon Jan 7th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Ummmmmmmmmm... spray it in his face.

rforsythe
Mon Jan 7th, 2013, 09:03 AM
You have an interesting method of home defense. Unfortunately it will catch on, then some jerk is going to go NOS up a shopping mall or something and they'll ban assault NOS. See what you've done? Asshole.

#1Townie
Mon Jan 7th, 2013, 09:14 AM
That fucking townie guy!!