PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for good Home Insurance?

Husky
Tue Jan 8th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Well just got my yearly renewal from Farmers just to find out that they are raising my rates by $300. I guess they are raising my rate because......well I guess for no good f in reason, simply because they can. I've had no claims and a brand new roof 2 yrs ago from a prior insurance company.

If anyone has any tips on a good home owner insurance, let me know. Previoiusly had American Family and they sucked as it took me 6 months to get my roof fixed from wind damage.

longrider
Tue Jan 8th, 2013, 06:19 PM
I guess I wont recommend American Family then.. It is crazy how different customers have such different experiences, I did my roof a couple years ago due to hail and had no issues whatsoever collecting.

My homeowners also went up this year but only about $100. I called and asked and this is a nationwide issue with all companies due to the amount of losses they are covering due to the crazy weather the past few years. Natural disasters are becoming more frequent and more severe every year.

Grant H.
Tue Jan 8th, 2013, 06:19 PM
I have State Farm from a great guy in Boulder. Pete Dawson.

A significant portion of my family has their insurance through him.

I have home owners, vehicles, motorcycle, and major medical (sourced through him) through the same office. One place to write payments to. Easy and simple.

Fumet5uNo
Tue Jan 8th, 2013, 06:30 PM
All back State Farm 3bikes 4 cars home and life and never had a complaint with them

rybo
Wed Jan 9th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Highly recommend -

State Farm
Mark Peter
303-755-3220

He's done nothing but take great care of me for the better part of 10 years. On top of that everyone I've referred to him so far has had an equally good experience.

Please tell him I sent you

Scott

birchyboy
Wed Jan 9th, 2013, 09:07 AM
My wife has had good luck with State Farm as well. Her condo was broken into and they did a pretty good job of reimbursing her for what was stolen. The only caveat is she did not have an inventory of her rare coin collection, so she wasn't reimbursed for that. We haven't had any claims since we got married and moved into a house but I suspect it would be good.

Of course, we haven't learned yet and haven't done a home inventory...maybe in 2013.

Sparker
Wed Jan 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM
My wife is a State Farm agent, if you want her info let me know. She cant give any deals but will search for every possibly discount to help you out

Ghosty
Wed Jan 9th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I don't have any recommendations, except (for me anyways) State Farm is a complete ripoff, almost $180/mo. for a 2800sq.ft. home w/ unfinished basement. RIDICULOUS. I only stick with them because my car/cycle rates are awesome and I get a little bundle discount to make up for the HOI.

I need to shop around. Clovis-Justin knows a guy Paul in the Springs that can provide great insurance deals, ask Justin for his number, I lost it but need to call him back after I go to court for this last ticket.

Clovis
Wed Jan 9th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Contact Paul Mason. Stand up guy. He's and his business partner Josh Lunn are insurance brokers and the only insurance I recommend to clients. He is significantly cheaper then Allstate, State Farm, USAA, American Family, Farmers ect. Just look at how much those companies spend on advertising. I see a "Farmers University" ad at least once a day.

If you have a clean driving record (ie no tickets in the last 3 years) he can save you a substantial amount on your vehicles/bikes as well.

He's less then half of what I pay through Allstate.

Paul Mason

PH: (719) 425-2121
(888)526-4555
Fax: (719) 476-0063
Paul@WIASG.com (https://vpn.greatwesternbank.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=PhPdzS69YEeXr9TEGQmnkQbTi6eRws8I5o1ar dV3aqCjBR8mqhZTsi0JZbPbr6rbrUYeGZ0Yd6o.&URL=mailto%3aPaul%40WIASG.com)
www.WarriorServicesGroup.com (https://vpn.greatwesternbank.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=PhPdzS69YEeXr9TEGQmnkQbTi6eRws8I5o1ar dV3aqCjBR8mqhZTsi0JZbPbr6rbrUYeGZ0Yd6o.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.warriorservicesgroup.com%2f)

Graphite675
Thu Jan 10th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I don't have any recommendations, except (for me anyways) State Farm is a complete ripoff, almost $180/mo. for a 2800sq.ft. home w/ unfinished basement. RIDICULOUS.

This^^^

Had State Farm for many many years in Florida. Had a little Hurricane damage one year and they were total douche bags about covering the damage. They even went so far as to split out Florida and create a "sub-company" called State Farm of Florida which would allow them to pull the plug on Florida folks without dragging down the parent company or having any liability or ties to them.

We are buying a new house right now and my wife (against my advise) called them for a quote. Over $550 a month. USAA was $170 for the same exact coverage.

Grant H.
Thu Jan 10th, 2013, 09:21 PM
I don't have any recommendations, except (for me anyways) State Farm is a complete ripoff, almost $180/mo. for a 2800sq.ft. home w/ unfinished basement. RIDICULOUS. I only stick with them because my car/cycle rates are awesome and I get a little bundle discount to make up for the HOI.

Wow, not sure what the deal with your house is. Check into what your deductibles and additional clauses are.

Mine is ~$50/mo and that is with extra clauses for certain expensive items in the house.

Bike and vehicle for my truck and wifes SUV is quite reasonable as well.