PDA

View Full Version : Convert Word Doc to paste into email body...

Dietrich_R1
Fri Jan 11th, 2013, 06:25 PM
So I created a good single page "marketing" brochure in MS Word... Besides formatted text, there is a picture, along with Headers & Footers...

I need to be able to copy/paste it into an e-mail body. I've tried multiple formats... HELP!!

Any Suggestions???

Thanks,
Dietrich

Hoot
Fri Jan 11th, 2013, 06:35 PM
So I created a good single page "marketing" brochure in MS Word... Besides formatted text, there is a picture, along with Headers & Footers...

I need to be able to copy/paste it into an e-mail body. I've tried multiple formats... HELP!!

Any Suggestions???

Thanks,
Dietrich

Turn it into a PDF, you could then add it to an email as an attachment.

I`m Batman
Fri Jan 11th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Are you using Outlook? Make sure your email app support rich text or HTML format so you can paste formatted text and images to the email body.

Zach929rr
Fri Jan 11th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Most of the email marketing these days is images chopped and marked up in hmtl and css.

cdbouncer
Sun Jan 13th, 2013, 11:01 AM
convert it to a pdf then insert it into the email body

Dietrich_R1
Sun Jan 13th, 2013, 04:17 PM
convert it to a pdf then insert it into the email body

How do you insert into the email body?? I've only been able to attach it to the email.

THANK YOU!
Dietrich

FZRACE97
Mon Jan 14th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Open the PDF with Adobe CTRL A, CTRL C
In Outlook, new message, click in the body and CTRL V

Dietrich_R1
Mon Jan 14th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Open the PDF with Adobe CTRL A, CTRL C
In Outlook, new message, click in the body and CTRL V

I tried this, but it didn't work... My PDF word doc put only the text into the body, & screwed up the format.

I created my marketing document in Word. It has Header's, Footer's, Pictures, and Text... I converted the Word Document to a PDF in the word document.

Maybe HTML or CSS is the only way to go??????????????????????

Zach929rr
Mon Jan 14th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Maybe HTML or CSS is the only way to go??????????????????????

It's easier than it sounds. Its mostly HTML tables layed out with a fixed height and/or width to match the image slices. Couple minutes on paper and you should have a solid guideline, pixel-dimension wise, of a good approach that can be fine tuned when you get down to testing.

I`m Batman
Mon Jan 14th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Couldn't you just do a print screen or use snippit (if you're using Win7) then paste it to the body? Hope you have a high enough res monitor to get everything on the screen.