PDA

View Full Version : New Member

moep
Wed Jan 16th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Hi guys and gals,

I just picked up an 08 GSX650F with 600 miles on it. I live in Thornton.

I know the guys with "R" are laughing but I was looking for a bike that I sat up a little bit. I have no reason to do speeds that an R can do.

This is my first real bike. I had a GPZ550 a long time ago.

I am more of a car guy but have always loved motorcycles. I was debating between a Harley or one of these bikes. I went to Sun Harley and they tried to charge me more then what they said the bike was by $1500. Gave me a very bad taste about that place and Harley's. They also tried to screw me with a high interest.

I have had a number of 3000GTs and Stealths. TT/VR4 and non turbos. I also had a 67 Coronet 500. I have sold all my toys and am down to three cars. Mine, my wife's and my son's. So I figured it was time for a toy.

I am looking forward to meeting people in the area, learning and going on rides.

http://imagehost.auroraclubna.com/images/gsx650f.jpg

#1Townie
Wed Jan 16th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Bro you will see no one here really cares about what you ride as long as you enjoy it and are safe. And as long as its not a Harley. I keed. But no really we hate harleys. Welcome.

At least some of us do. Not really me. I want a bigdog.

madvlad
Wed Jan 16th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Welcome to CSC, congrats on the bike and like townie said no judging, you ride what you like and that's that. Those 650F's aren't exactly slow and more comfortable than an R too. Keep an eye out for the noob ride thread popping up here in a few months, meet some more riders and learn skills/routes

laspariahs
Wed Jan 16th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the gun club.

moep
Wed Jan 16th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Thanks guys.

I am trying to convince my friend to pick up a 600/750 or the FZ8. I am meeting up with him on Friday.

moep
Wed Jan 16th, 2013, 09:15 PM
What do you guys think about frame sliders? I am thinking about getting them.

tecknojoe
Wed Jan 16th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the gun club.

:lol: you beat me to it

Yes, get them. They will save you a ton of money one day.

madvlad
Wed Jan 16th, 2013, 09:22 PM

Get frame sliders, bar ends and case covers. In case of a crash they'll save you some cash by saving fairings and other important parts

#1Townie
Wed Jan 16th, 2013, 09:24 PM

Definitely get the frame sliders.

moep
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 09:24 PM
I will get all that stuff ordered and installed before taking the bike out.

Thanks

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Jan 18th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Welcome! No one will care if you have an R affixed to your bike. ;)

Bueller
Fri Jan 18th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Riding a bike, is riding a bike. That's what it should be about. I have a Harley or 2 and a few other heaps, and I enjoy them for what they are. But just don't get a helmet mohawk, that is a laughable decision.

moep
Sat Jan 19th, 2013, 02:22 PM
No plans of getting a helmet mohawk. :) Every time I see one, I always think that if that person crashes, they can use his/her head to sweep up.

#1Townie
Sat Jan 19th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Hey you leave my hawk out of this.

moep
Sat Jan 19th, 2013, 09:28 PM
I plan on leaving the hawk out all together. :)

redmyst
Thu Mar 21st, 2013, 07:52 PM
welcome, i also live in Thornton.. so we might be able to hit some canyons together in the summer if I can get the wifey to leave me alone long enough to get out of the garage..

moep
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 08:35 AM
if I can get the wifey to leave me alone long enough to get out of the garage..

I think all guys live the same life, just different mailing addresses. :)

Nothing worse then the wife asking "What are you doing?" and then you have explain.

Bueller
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 09:42 AM
I think all guys live the same life, just different mailing addresses. :)

Nothing worse then the wife asking "What are you doing?" and then you have explain.

You must not have not married the right woman, my wife either asks where are we going or tells me to have a good time.

Grant H.
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
I just get the "Be careful" speech when I am leaving.

She's not a huge fan of riding on the bike with me yet. I'll get her there though.

I learned to ride on a 2000 GSX750F. Nice bikes. Comfortable. Fast enough to be dumb on. You'll enjoy it.

Rabbie303
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 10:25 AM
You must not have not married the right woman, my wife either asks where are we going or tells me to have a good time.

I knew I had a keeper when we were only dating and I said I was getting a bike and she went out and got a helmet and jacket and gloves. So I married her. Of course she can't ride because she's preggo, but she still lets me ride!

j0ker
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 10:55 AM
My wife has mostly given up on trying to restrict my knee-jerk reaction to motorcycles and bike rides over the years. She rides now, but still isn't as crazy about bikes as I am....

moep
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 02:39 PM

I married the right woman. I know that because she has been tell me that for the past 27 years (JK). If it wasn't for her, I would have way too many toys. She lets me get my toys but also keeps me in check.

Once I get more comfortable with the my bike, she wants me to get a cruiser so we can go together. She has no interest in riding a bike, but being a passenger might be OK for her.

moep
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
My wife has mostly given up on trying to restrict my knee-jerk reaction to motorcycles and bike rides over the years. She rides now, but still isn't as crazy about bikes as I am....

We have to figure out a way to get your wife to talk my wife into riding.

j0ker
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM
We have to figure out a way to get your wife to talk my wife into riding.

Don't let them talk about her MSF course then. She endo'ed, flipped all the way over the handle bars of the class provided 500 Ducati and slid on her face and chest. UNHARMED, thanks to her gear. Still, stories like that might make your girl say NO WAY.

moep
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 03:00 PM
Don't let them talk about her MSF course then. She endo'ed, flipped all the way over the handle bars of the class provided 500 Ducati and slid on her face and chest. UNHARMED, thanks to her gear. Still, stories like that might make your girl say NO WAY.

In that case, let us wait. :)

apptwins
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Welcome! Ride your own ride and don't get sucked in.

Enjoy the Gun Club with a Motorcycle problem ... eerr uhh what ever.:cheers:

rifleshooter
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 06:34 PM
ROFL, "gun club w/a motorcycle problem" if that tain't us, ah don' know wut!

By the way, that's one hell of a nice ride.

Ghosty
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 08:26 PM
I am looking forward to meeting people in the area, learning and going on rides.
Welcome to CSC! Let's see some pics of that Coronet! Two-door? What motor? Trans?

No plans of getting a helmet mohawk.
Good, they're goofy.

And as long as its not a Harley. I keed. But no really we hate harleys.
Not all of us, some Harleys are badass. The riders on the other hand, well it depends, heh. I'd love a nice newer FortyEight, blacked-out with orange tank.

Epitek
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Hey, I'm also a newer member and in the Thornton area! Always be nice to know someone who rides.