View Full Version : Can we please have a gun section in the forum

tecknojoe
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 06:52 AM
and a way to ignore an entire forum

please, for the love of god

Snowman
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 07:42 AM
+1

That or change the name of the forum to the Colorado Shooters Club.

bulldog
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 07:56 AM
I agree :up:

Nothing against gun owners and their opinions, but just so many posts about guns nowadays. Plus a better way to keep them all in one place.

:idea: I am currently doing a study of how sportbike riders and gun lovers are linked. Never thought there was much of a link till this site :lol:

Jmetz
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:00 AM
If you don't want to read about something, don't open it. Problem solved. It's been working for me since Al Gore invented the internet. :up:

bulldog
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:03 AM
If you don't want to read about something, don't open it. Problem solved. It's been working for me since Al Gore invented the internet. :up: Missing point homey. Since such interest in this on this site then why not make a special forum? We got other sections like that. I wish there were enough interest in a fitness forum, but for some reason not many people think it is important. Weird to me since racers could benefit, but nope.

Stop stiring the pot Josh and go order your 1000 rounds and get ready for the zombies :lol: When I only have like 100 rounds to shoot them off you can say "I told you so" :D

asp_125
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:09 AM
We already have a guns forum.. it's called the CSC. Bikes are a side line. ;)

Seriously, if there's a way to put the politics forum on ignore, then I'd be all ignorant and happy.

Snowman
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Besides you guys are always bitching about how the government should be finding ways to not spend your tax money.

With all you gun "enthusiasts" posting in one section, it would make the ATF, FBI and the NSA job of keeping track of you and your arsenals that much easier...

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Hahahaha this is funny.

madvlad
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:20 AM
The main name is just a front for what really goes on behind the scenes :lol: but do agree with Joe though.

bulldog
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Hahahaha this is funny. And I vote #1Townie for the "Gun Forum" moderator :up: :D

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Yeah townie a mod. Get out of here. But i mean really guys right not there would only be like five posts in this gun area being that most rhe threads have to do with politics. So really it wouldnt change anything.

Drama
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:28 AM
In my Chicagoland sportbikes forum we do a section for "non-moto related hobies" Under there we have subsections for home improvment, weapons and hunting, health and fitness, cooking, video games, it tech, etc.

It actually works out really well so people can ignore certain sections and other can find exactly what they want to talk about. I'd support something similar here.

tecknojoe
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I'm just sick of logging in and reading 10 different headlines calling our president an idiot or Romney this or that. And now it's about shooting dogs, school shootings, and blah blah gun control.

Seriously, yesterday I logged in and there was EIGHT gun threads, then the two tfog threads

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I'm just sick of logging in and reading 10 different headlines calling our president an idiot or Romney this or that. And now it's about shooting dogs, school shootings, and blah blah gun control.

Seriously, yesterday I logged in and there was EIGHT gun threads, then the two tfog threads

What threads are you reading? I havent seen a post about Romney in months. Well until yours.

laspariahs
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Even right now almost half the threads are gun related.

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Including this one! Lol

tecknojoe
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:41 AM
What threads are you reading? I havent seen a post about Romney in months. Well until yours.

I wanted to say more than just "i'm tired of the obama haters" because I dont want this turn into "OH YOUR A LIBERAL! RABBLE RABLE GUN CONTROL OBAMA SUCKS RABBLE RABBLE"

I'd like to ignore any and all politic. The past 2 weeks has been more guns than anything. And an obama legislation thread thrown in there

Jmetz
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:44 AM

OMG you had to scan past EIGHT whole threads before you got to something else?!? That must have taken like what .05/seconds? The horror!! Won't someone please think of the children! :lol:

I'm just giving ya shit Joe, but I personally don't see an issue. There's tons of stuff on here that I don't care to read so I don't..

tecknojoe
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Don't worry it doesn't wad my panties. I'm just as bored as everynoe else right now since I'm just waiting on tests to run at work.

I'm more pointing out that our motorcycle forum has turned into gun traders .com.

christ I need a track day

Jmetz
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:49 AM
It's winter man, this happens until spring. The gun thing is a hot issue it'll die down soon just like your right to own one. :D

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:51 AM
I wanted to say more than just "i'm tired of the obama haters" because I dont want this turn into "OH YOUR A LIBERAL! RABBLE RABLE GUN CONTROL OBAMA SUCKS RABBLE RABBLE"

I'd like to ignore any and all politic. The past 2 weeks has been more guns than anything. And an obama legislation thread thrown in there

Not sure if you have noticed but the whole country has been kind of focused on guns for the last month.

Keyser Soze
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Non-Bike discussion ya retards! For EVERYTHING non bike related. Ignore the topics that are gun related and quit fuckin whining.

madvlad
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Can we please get a "Cool shit" forum for joe? :lol: :D

laspariahs
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Non-Bike discussion ya retards! For EVERYTHING non bike related. Ignore the topics that are gun related and quit fuckin whining.

That's why there are politics and religion, and automotive forums?

Grim2.0
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I like long walks on the beach, and getting caught in the rain.

madvlad
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I like long walks on the beach, and getting caught in the rain/snow.

fixed :D

Vance
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 09:19 AM
You know...

I do have to agree with the notion here. Guns are a specific and frequent enough topic there is a valid argument for a sub-forum. Like Automotive and Politics.

I would volunteer to mod it. I think I am fair enough, balanced enough, and informed enough to be a fair mod to a forum such as that.

Ghosty
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 11:00 AM
The only reason these people are frustrated is because the "NEW POSTS" button brings up a ton of gun threads, because *shocker*, that's what people are talking about THIS month. Even if you made it's own forum, those latest <bumped> threads will still show up at the top of the list, so not sure how giving them their own forum will help your frustration. IMO, just leave everything in the Political forum, then the people who hate this, can just avoid that forum and don't go in there.

Jmetz
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM
I'll moderate the shit out of some shit!

rforsythe
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Fuck you all.

Ghosty
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Townie & EZZZZzzzzzzzzyyyy1 will be the first in the Troll Cage...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/devil-smiley-029-1.gif

sloridr
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 11:13 AM
I'll moderate the shit out of some shit!

Fuck you all.

Two best quotable quotes yet this year!!!:up:

bulldog
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 11:13 AM
I'll moderate the shit out of some shit! Hmmm..ok, whatever makes you happy.

Here is one to start moderating :lol:

http://www.pleasegodno.com/uploads/toilet-shit4.serendipityThumb.jpg

Ghosty
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 11:17 AM
My roommate one time: "I had to poke that one down with a stick. Even the dbl-flush failed."

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 11:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/devil-smiley-029-1.gif

Hey kiss my ass. Am i the only one that doesnt want to have power?

Snowman
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Fuck you all.And who says admin support for this site isn't the best in the world...

madvlad
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 11:46 AM
And who says admin support for this site isn't the best in the world...

:lol: win

Bueller
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 12:20 PM
You know there is a forum for whining about the site. ;)

Ezzzzy1
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 12:30 PM

Totally. I am a huge troll.... To trolls :lol:

rforsythe
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM
And who says admin support for this site isn't the best in the world...

Just remember to go pay your yearly supporter fees, assholes! :D

Ezzzzy1
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 12:32 PM
You know there is a forum for whining about the site. ;)

It all makes sense now. Bueller is a back seat moderator

rforsythe
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 12:33 PM
It all makes sense now. Bueller is a back seat moderator

You have no idea...

rybo
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 12:35 PM
You have no idea...

FACT!

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 12:47 PM
This isnt news. Maybe to newbs.

spideyrdr
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Motorcycles and guns are very closely related. They both turn combustibles and money into noise, fumes, and AWESOMENESS for the owner... and they tend to annoy those who aren't into them.

So there are a lot of gun posts, it's ok to skip them. If your blood pressure shoots up at the mere sight of a thread title, maybe you're letting it get to you. There has been, and always will be, controversial talk on a forum like this because we are by nature into controversy. Every post about tires, oil, helmet laws, and cops, even if directly related to motorcycling, is going to stir up controversy.

Besides, there are worse things on the internet than gun blather. Ever been on Pinterest? *shudder*

DanFZ1
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Can we please get a "Cool shit" forum for joe? :lol: :D

+1

...I never got to sit at the cool table in high school..:doublefinger:

Isn't the OP' (original poster) asking for a forum so they don't have to wade through non-gun related topics?

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 01:22 PM
+1

Meh it wasnt as cool as you think it was.

Mother Goose
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 01:53 PM
You have no idea...
:spit: True story.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Hmmm..ok, whatever makes you happy.

Here is one to start moderating :lol:

http://www.pleasegodno.com/uploads/toilet-shit4.serendipityThumb.jpg

when I was in Saudi Arabia, there was one like that. There's nothing to do in Saudi Arabia and the guys were parading through the bathroom to witness it. Hit the flusher and the thing would just ring-around-the-rosie. This was back when pagers were the deal and there was a 3second delay to try and communicate on the phone back to the states. No phone cameras to get digital pictures :(

We never found out who dropped it but if dude survived, he should have been proud. :applause:

Grim2.0
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 02:28 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/gcc/toilet-shit4serendipityThumb.jpg

bulldog
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 02:33 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/gcc/toilet-shit4serendipityThumb.jpg
And JMetz asks to moderate it :lol:

tecknojoe
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 02:36 PM
+1

Isn't the OP' (original poster) asking for a forum so they don't have to wade through non-gun related topics?

Yea i wanna put all the politic and gun nonsense on ignore

But I guess that would make this site completely dead

and all my cool shit threads are about motorcycles and are posted in motorcycle forums. All the gun owners should ignore that forum and we can just make this site a hybrid. I guess grand prix did it

Jmetz
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 02:49 PM
And JMetz asks to moderate it :lol:

If I was a mod I would have moderated the shit out of that shit as soon as it was posted!

bulldog
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 03:07 PM
If I was a mod I would have moderated the shit out of that shit as soon as it was posted! Hey you know your shit man :lol:

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Yea i wanna put all the politic and gun nonsense on ignore

But I guess that would make this site completely dead

and all my cool shit threads are about motorcycles and are posted in motorcycle forums. All the gun owners should ignore that forum and we can just make this site a hybrid. I guess grand prix did it

So why keep posting in it? No one is forcing you to typ and click respond. Also no one is forcing you to click on it to read it. I dont like racing notice i never post in there? I dont even read threads in there. Not what im interested in.

Ghosty
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Motorcycles and guns are very closely related. They both turn combustibles and money into noise, fumes, and AWESOMENESS for the owner... and they tend to annoy those who aren't into them.
Hahaa, awesome, and so true!

tecknojoe
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 03:55 PM
So why keep posting in it? No one is forcing you to typ and click respond. Also no one is forcing you to click on it to read it. I dont like racing notice i never post in there? I dont even read threads in there. Not what im interested in.

The mods can enable something to prevent sub forums that you dont care about from showing up when you click new posts. This thread is requesting that feature to be turned on, and to create a gun section to use with the new feature. it was evident from page 1 that it wont happen, so this thread has literally turned into shit. Any posts beyond this morning are worthless and due to boredom

so if they enabled that feature, you wont have to see all my racing threads on this motorcycle forum. It would benefit you

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I don't think anyone but me is doing anything with their motorcycle anyway, are they?

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/tinkerinWstuff/DR650/JE%20Piston/B151351D-099F-4CE8-A53D-7261FADE503A-2733-0000020F46EF638D_zps6a79c668.jpg

madvlad
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I don't think anyone but me is doing anything with their motorcycle anyway, are they?

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/tinkerinWstuff/DR650/JE%20Piston/B151351D-099F-4CE8-A53D-7261FADE503A-2733-0000020F46EF638D_zps6a79c668.jpg

Unless there is a gun being implanted in there, they don't want to hear it lol

tecknojoe
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 04:12 PM

:lol:

I'm about to put my handlebars and throttle on my mini

Grim2.0
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 04:18 PM

Pfft Im riding mine evreyday, and saving up for an exhaust system, and saving up for a new set of fairings, and saving and saving....

Drano
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 05:26 PM
We could start naming awesome motorcycle threads with gun thread titles and really start messing with people. I keed, I keed! :devil2:

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 05:31 PM
The mods can enable something to prevent sub forums that you dont care about from showing up when you click new posts. This thread is requesting that feature to be turned on, and to create a gun section to use with the new feature. it was evident from page 1 that it wont happen, so this thread has literally turned into shit. Any posts beyond this morning are worthless and due to boredom

so if they enabled that feature, you wont have to see all my racing threads on this motorcycle forum. It would benefit you

I dont see them now. You want other people to work harder for free because you dont have self control? Blaaahahahahaha. Bro i dont care about some threads. I dont read them. Simple. Why would i want them to put in extra work because i dont like a certain topic? Just sounds childish.

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I remember when i first started working on my bikes too. Im still debating what i want for my next bike. I havent decided if i will get another stunter or buy a stock bike and build it. Im also really looking into the ktm rc8. Im not a big fan of vtwin sport bikes but im truly in love with that bike. So im kind of stuck at a crossroad in my next bike decision.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 05:39 PM

I'm hoping she's gonna be a pistol alright

10.5:1

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/tinkerinWstuff/DR650/JE%20Piston/82A18617-A2C5-4275-90CE-C4967CB9FD7D-2733-00000215639FB9AB_zpsfdb0c9fe.jpg

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 05:44 PM
And what if i do go stunter. What do i want to ride lot or street. I know a bunch of you guys hate wheelies on streets but i love open road in the middle of nowhere rocking a wheelie at high speeds. Its just peaceful. If i do that i would probably get another 954. But the idea of the safty in lots is something that i also love. Less chance of tickets. Most cops just kick you out. So if i do that ot would be another 600. But then do i risk buying an already stunted ride or do i just buy a stock bike and buold that bad boy myself. Fuck i dont knkw. This is why i dont talk about bikes much. I just ramble.

mdub
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 06:06 PM
And what if i do go stunter. What do i want to ride lot or street. I know a bunch of you guys hate wheelies on streets but i love open road in the middle of nowhere rocking a wheelie at high speeds. Its just peaceful. If i do that i would probably get another 954. But the idea of the safty in lots is something that i also love. Less chance of tickets. Most cops just kick you out. So if i do that ot would be another 600. But then do i risk buying an already stunted ride or do i just buy a stock bike and buold that bad boy myself. Fuck i dont knkw. This is why i dont talk about bikes much. I just ramble.

stfu...rambling muthafker...

sloridr
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Oh so shiny! But you put it in upside down:no:... J/K

#1Townie
Thu Jan 17th, 2013, 10:04 PM
stfu...rambling muthafker...

Hey thats mr rambling mother fucker to you pal. :sniper:

Hey just be happy i didnt get into cages and other parts for a stunt piece.

mdub
Fri Jan 18th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Hey thats mr rambling mother fucker to you pal. :sniper:

Hey just be happy i didnt get into cages and other parts for a stunt piece.

Well that is what u have to do. Post up a vid of u and ur trk tearin it up...

rforsythe
Fri Jan 18th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Well that is what u have to do. Post up a vid of u and ur trk tearin it up...

u do no u can mk full wrds on dis site ya?

mdub
Fri Jan 18th, 2013, 07:57 AM
u do no u can mk full wrds on dis site ya?

I kno . I don't want to go over my monthly csc alpha/numeric allotment.