PDA

View Full Version : Crazy day for gun shows...

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 09:17 AM
At Least 5 Hurt In Accidental Incidents In Ohio, Indiana, North Carolina. Weird. What does anyone think the odds on 3 guns going off at gun shows in one day are?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/19/gun-show-shootings_n_2513057.html

birchyboy
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Since it happened...100%

asp_125
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Wonder if these are "new" owners who just bought guns. I could see that happening with panic buying.

kingtut
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Oh great, more ammo for Obama; pun intended.

madvlad
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Lol noobs

derekm
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Lol noobs
+1

Wrider
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Since it happened...100%

That's the odds that it happened.

The odds that it would happen are pretty small.

rforsythe
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Wonder if these are "new" owners who just bought guns. I could see that happening with panic buying.

I know at least one was someone bringing a shotgun into the show. He uncased it so an officer could check it, when it went off.

Most likely just idiots who don't respect gun safety.

#1Townie
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Fucking dumb shits. Hope they are all charged.

~Barn~
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Oh great, more ammo for Obama; pun intended.

I hate to break it to you, but it's not just President Obama who believes that certain (probably a bulk of..) people should not have access to guns. Not for recreation, personal protection, hunting, decoration, nothing.

These careless idiots behind incidents like this are lucky that they didn't kill someone (except perhaps themselves). Let's set aside mass murders for a moment... These "unintentional" - I refuse to call them accidental - discharges could have taken the lives of somebodies son, mother, daughter, brother... Somebody's wife or husband. Someones friend.

The fact that a certain segment of people will see stuff like this as an element or puzzle-piece to an "agenda" and not as the plain human abhorrence that it is - and worse off, what it potentially could have been - is borderline repulsive. In my opinion it's the foundation of our American inability to make real progress in this country, but instead simmer and stew in the lazy and played-out fact that we're "free" to have different opinions. Like look how progressive and forwardthinking we must be as Americans because we have liberty to "continue the discussion" and "build support for our argument". :roll:

When we finally get to the point where we realize that not all opinions and liberties are created equally, and not all ponies grow up to be a pegasus, this country will finally be able to flurish from the top all the way down to the bottom. And maybe.... just maybe.... we can use the necessity of our laws and leaders to help protect ourselves from those who (while certainly free citizens!) can not be reasonably relied upon, to ensure it for us with their actions and responsibilities.

What.
The.
Fuck.

[/rant]

tecknojoe
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Jesus Nate, you should know better than to use the word Obama around here

didn't you know everything / nothing is completely and solely his fault?

~Barn~
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Either that Nate, or just make sure to draw me a more comprehensive parallel. :p
The high regard that I hold you in, is a double-edged sword. I hope the above didn't seem like a personal attack.

I`m Batman
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Maybe it was a set up by the anti gun people.
:)

~Barn~
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Maybe it was a set up by the anti gun people.
:)

:spit: They've certainly enlisted the correct staff!

Grim2.0
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 12:40 PM
It's a conspiracy and there were 6 shooters not 3

TurboGizzmo
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 12:51 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/wed-january-16-2013-jessica-chastain

I get my news from the Daily Show...but this is interesting stuff...20k gun laws?? No way for the ATF to enforce them??? Fact checkers check?

#1Townie
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Guns are horrible and need to banned. Our great president obama should be given the right to become or royal emperor.

TFOGGuys
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 02:34 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/wed-january-16-2013-jessica-chastain

I get my news from the Daily Show...but this is interesting stuff...20k gun laws?? No way for the ATF to enforce them??? Fact checkers check?

Probably more like 30k. 39USC sec 916-930 are just a few.

The only accidental discharge involves a previously unknown mechanical defect. All other unintended discharges are considered negligent.

Even in the event of a ND, if the 4 rules of gun safety are followed, nobody gets hurt..

RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

There are no exceptions. Do not pretend that this is true. Some people and organizations take this rule and weaken it;e.g. "Treat all guns as if they were loaded." Unfortunately, the "as if" compromises the directness of the statement by implying that they are unloaded, but we will treat them as though they are loaded. No good! Safety rules must be worded forcefully so that they are never treated lightly or reduced to partial compliance.

All guns are always loaded - period!

This must be your mind-set. If someone hands you a firearm and says, "Don't worry, it's not loaded," you do not dare believe him. You need not be impolite, but check it yourself. Remember, there are no accidents, only negligent acts. Check it. Do not let yourself fall prey to a situation where you might feel compelled to squeal, "I didn't know it was loaded!"

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

Conspicuously and continuously violated, especially with pistols, Rule II applies whether you are involved in range practice, daily carry, or examination. If the weapon is assembled and in someone's hands, it is capable of being discharged. A firearm holstered properly, lying on a table, or placed in a scabbard is of no danger to anyone. Only when handled is there a need for concern. This rule applies to fighting as well as to daily handling. If you are not willing to take a human life, do not cover a person with the muzzle. This rule also applies to your own person. Do not allow the muzzle to cover your extremities, e.g. using both hands to reholster the pistol. This practice is unsound, both procedurally and tactically. You may need a free hand for something important. Proper holster design should provide for one-handed holstering, so avoid holsters which collapse after withdrawing the pistol. (Note: It is dangerous to push the muzzle against the inside edge of the holster nearest the body to "open" it since this results in your pointing the pistol at your midsection.) Dry-practice in the home is a worthwhile habit and it will result in more deeply programmed reflexes. Most of the reflexes involved in the Modern Technique do not require that a shot be fired. Particular procedures for dry-firing in the home will be covered later. Let it suffice for now that you do not dry-fire using a "target" that you wish not to see destroyed. (Recall RULE I as well.)

Rule III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule III is violated most anytime the uneducated person handles a firearm. Whether on TV, in the theaters, or at the range, people seem fascinated with having their finger on the trigger. Never stand or walk around with your finger on the trigger. It is unprofessional, dangerous, and, perhaps most damaging to the psyche, it is klutzy looking. Never fire a shot unless the sights are superimposed on the target and you have made a conscious decision to fire. Firing an unaligned pistol in a fight gains nothing. If you believe that the defensive pistol is only an intimidation tool - not something to be used - carry blanks, or better yet, reevaluate having one around. If you are going to launch a projectile, it had best be directed purposely. Danger abounds if you allow your finger to dawdle inside the trigger guard. As soon as the sights leave the target, the trigger-finger leaves the trigger and straightens alongside the frame. Since the hand normally prefers to work as a unit - as in grasping - separating the function of the trigger-finger from the rest of the hand takes effort. The five-finger grasp is a deeply programmed reflex. Under sufficient stress, and with the finger already placed on the trigger, an unexpected movement, misstep or surprise could result in a negligent discharge. Speed cannot be gained from such a premature placement of the trigger-finger. Bringing the sights to bear on the target, whether from the holster or the Guard Position, takes more time than that required for moving the trigger finger an inch or so to the trigger.

RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET

Know what it is, what is in line with it, and what is behind it. Never shoot at anything you have not positively identified. Be aware of your surroundings, whether on the range or in a fight. Do not assume anything. Know what you are doing.

kingtut
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 03:49 PM
I hate to break it to you, but it's not just President Obama
What.
The.
Fuck.

[/rant]

Ha ha ha, whoops. Dearest Barn: I can honestly say that my statement was not premeditated. I merely jotted down my initial reaction; which still holds true. The morons who discharge weapons (presumably by ahem, "accident") certainly have an impact on legislation. I think we can agree on that;) It wasn't meant to have any negative implications towards our President. If it were Ronald Reagon himself attempting to take that right away from me, I would have said the same thing. I've learned better than to make political jabs. Besides, we both know what I think

Jesus Nate, you should know better than to use the word Obama around here

didn't you know everything / nothing is completely and solely his fault?
Yeah.. I've never been known for my great timing, tact, or decisiveness in making social plans. I literally thought of putting a disclaimer in my post....in an attempt to ward off any potential misinterpretations.

Either that Nate, or just make sure to draw me a more comprehensive parallel. :p
The high regard that I hold you in, is a double-edge sword. I hope the above didn't seem like a personal attack.

No worries Brandon, I always appreciate your abilitiy to give me the benefit of the doubt. I'd be happy to provide applicable parallels for any arguments; should I have any. Problem is, my posts are never meant to be argumentative:p

Ghosty
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 05:06 PM
It IS Obama's fault because with all his anti-gun rhetoric lately, everyone is all nervous and twitchy, which resulted in these numskulls not checking/handling their weapons appropriately. Glad no one was killed, especially children.

asp_125
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Rather ironic that it occurred on National Gun Appreciation Day.

Dietrich_R1
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Shouldn't this discussion be in the Gun Forum....????

:horse::crazy::scramble::sniper::devil2::pointlaug h:

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 07:25 PM
I think it speaks volumes as to how n00bs potentially handle guns. My number one concern about all this gun mess is all these dildos that have no right (for lack of a better word) to own guns. Tards that have a problem brushing their teeth in the morning shouldnt be carrying them around to "protect" anyone and its only a matter of time before they start hurting other people with their ignorance.

asp_125
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I truly believe Darwin is at work here. Get a few of these bubbas mishandling weapons and pretty soon they ruin it for everybody. Perhaps an IQ test should be required as part of the gun background check.

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jan 20th, 2013, 07:45 PM
I could only imagine how many people would disqualify themselves by writing down the answer to "why are you buying this gun?" with "because Obama is president" :lol:

Everyone that wanted to buy a gun would start lying just like all the pot heads that fibbed to get their licenses.

Whatever. I just hope I am not around when these 3 brain cell humans flub up and shoot someone that wasnt doing anything wrong or on "accident".