PDA

View Full Version : 9mm target ammo in stock right now... going fast... at:

Vance
Wed Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:17 PM
http://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-115-grain-fmj-tula-black-1000-rounds#rid=AmmoSeek

12 cases left and counting down...

Vance
Wed Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:20 PM

Vance
Wed Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Err.. now 15. Someone must have cancelled

Ezzzzy1

Ezzzzy1
:lol:

Ninja

longrider
Wed Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
Interesting, it has gone up to 15 now. Unfortunately a full case is not in my budget right now.

I`m Batman
Wow, usually those cheap steel case Russian 9mm are about $0.17-0.18 per round or less.

longrider
Double ninja'd

Jmetz
Wed Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Tulammo Is garbage.

Vance
Wed Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
The few times I've shot it before I didn't see any quality issues other than a very very dirty gun afterwards.
No jams, no stovepipes, not even a misfire / bad primer.

Ezzzzy1
Wed Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:46 PM
You probably have a nice gun then.... Shitty gun + shitty ammo = poop

Vance
Wed Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:48 PM
You probably have a nice gun then.... Shitty gun + shitty ammo = poop

Last of the Belgian / Belgian Browning High Powers. I always thought it was quite a nice firearm myself. Now it's going into retirement / heirloom status and I've got my XDm 5.25 to play with :)

Vance
Wed Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:51 PM
5 in stock

Jmetz
Wed Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:52 PM
The few times I've shot it before I didn't see any quality issues other than a very very dirty gun afterwards.
No jams, no stovepipes, not even a misfire / bad primer.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/

Short excerpt:

Here’s what we did:
We acquired four identical Bushmaster AR-15 rifles. We chose the Bushmaster MOE Series AR-15 because it’s a widely available, affordable, and mass-market. We didn’t want something too cheap and of lower quality or something too expensive and of high quality since our goal is to help the most number of people.
We acquired 10,000 rounds each of the following ammunition (new production):
Federal 55gr – Brass-Cased – Copper Jacket
Wolf 55gr FMJ – Steel-Cased with Polymer Coating – Bi-Metal Jacket (steel and copper)
Tula 55gr FMJ – Steel-Cased with Polymer Coating – Bi-Metal Jacket (steel and copper)
Brown Bear 55gr FMJ – Steel-Cased with Lacquer Coating – Bi-Metal Jacket (steel and copper)
We paired each ammunition type with a specific Bushmaster AR-15 and then fired all 10,000 rounds of it through that particular carbine (except for Tula; more on that below)
We systematically observed and tested various things, including (more details below):
At the start: accuracy, velocity, chamber and gas port pressures, chamber cast
After 2,000 rounds: accuracy, velocity
After 4,000 rounds: accuracy, velocity
After 5,000 rounds: throat erosion, chamber cast
After 6,000 rounds: accuracy, velocity
After 8,000 rounds: accuracy, velocity
After 10,000 rounds: accuracy, velocity, chamber and gas port pressures, throat erosion, extractor wear, chamber cast, barrel wear
We logged every malfunction of every rifle-ammo combination
The rifles were cleaned according to a preset schedule and temperatures were monitored and kept within acceptable limits (more below)
We sectioned the barrels and otherwise made unique observations after the test was complete

#1Townie
Wed Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:30 PM

Short excerpt:

Here’s what we did:
We acquired four identical Bushmaster AR-15 rifles. We chose the Bushmaster MOE Series AR-15 because it’s a widely available, affordable, and mass-market. We didn’t want something too cheap and of lower quality or something too expensive and of high quality since our goal is to help the most number of people.
We acquired 10,000 rounds each of the following ammunition (new production):
Federal 55gr – Brass-Cased – Copper Jacket
Wolf 55gr FMJ – Steel-Cased with Polymer Coating – Bi-Metal Jacket (steel and copper)
Tula 55gr FMJ – Steel-Cased with Polymer Coating – Bi-Metal Jacket (steel and copper)
Brown Bear 55gr FMJ – Steel-Cased with Lacquer Coating – Bi-Metal Jacket (steel and copper)
We paired each ammunition type with a specific Bushmaster AR-15 and then fired all 10,000 rounds of it through that particular carbine (except for Tula; more on that below)
We systematically observed and tested various things, including (more details below):
At the start: accuracy, velocity, chamber and gas port pressures, chamber cast
After 2,000 rounds: accuracy, velocity
After 4,000 rounds: accuracy, velocity
After 5,000 rounds: throat erosion, chamber cast
After 6,000 rounds: accuracy, velocity
After 8,000 rounds: accuracy, velocity
After 10,000 rounds: accuracy, velocity, chamber and gas port pressures, throat erosion, extractor wear, chamber cast, barrel wear
We logged every malfunction of every rifle-ammo combination
The rifles were cleaned according to a preset schedule and temperatures were monitored and kept within acceptable limits (more below)
We sectioned the barrels and otherwise made unique observations after the test was complete

Is there anymore to that?

sloridr
Wed Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:40 PM

Short excert:

Is there anymore to that?

;)

And I wanted to put some boobs in here!

highpsi03
Mon Jan 28th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Tulammo Is garbage.
I've had zero issues with it. I've used their .223 .45 and 9mm.. Zero failures.. I have more failures with winchester whitebox than Tulammo.

Chris
Tue Jan 29th, 2013, 12:22 AM
that is a horrible price

Stuart Little
Tue Jan 29th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Yeah that's an awful price, it's $9.99/box at walmart so 1000 rounds = 20 boxes = $199.8 + tax...

And though my main CCW feeds anything (literally never one jam/stovepipe/FTF) I was told not to use Tulammo as the steel casing has much less give than brass so if there were an issue ejecting/feeding a casing then it will cause more harm than brass, not sure if it's true, just what I've heard through the grapevine.

Vance
Tue Jan 29th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Yeah that's an awful price, it's $9.99/box at walmart so 1000 rounds = 20 boxes = $199.8 + tax...

And though my main CCW feeds anything (literally never one jam/stovepipe/FTF) I was told not to use Tulammo as the steel casing has much less give than brass so if there were an issue ejecting/feeding a casing then it will cause more harm than brass, not sure if it's true, just what I've heard through the grapevine.

Yeah but you also can't find stock at Walmart unless you're going there every morning at 6am when they restock waiting for it... it goes faster than a crate of cheetos at a 4:20 4/20 convention!

I saw that as descent enough quality target rounds - maybe not the best, but given the seeming total absence of bulk ammo out there, an option... and yes, I concur, definitely not for carry / home defense.

Stuart Little
Tue Jan 29th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Yeah but you also can't find stock at Walmart unless you're going there every morning at 6am when they restock waiting for it... it goes faster than a crate of cheetos at a 4:20 4/20 convention!

I saw that as descent enough quality target rounds - maybe not the best, but given the seeming total absence of bulk ammo out there, an option... and yes, I concur, definitely not for carry / home defense.

Very true! I've gotten lucky here and there I just ring whenever I'm driving by Quebec/C-470.