PDA

View Full Version : Reality shows...

Wrider
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM
So who here watches any sort of reality show?

Personally there's only one I will watch, and that's Duck Dynasty. Nothing like rednecks with money for a laugh!

What do you watch and why?

#1Townie
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Cops. Makes me feel better about myself.

Grim2.0
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM
So who here watches any sort of reality show?

Personally there's only one I will watch, and that's Duck Dynasty. Nothing like rednecks with money for a laugh!

What do you watch and why?

I don't, and that's why.

madvlad
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 03:07 PM
I've seen a couple episodes of Duck Dynasty and those dudes are funny and sure as hell live it up!

~Barn~
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 03:09 PM
The Ultimate Fighter.
All of the "reality" drama of people living in a house together, but they actually get to fight each other!

rforsythe
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 03:15 PM
The Ultimate Fighter.
All of the "reality" drama of people living in a house together, but they actually get to fight each other!

Jersey Shore had that too, but that show was everything wrong about humanity.

Ghosty
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Pawn Stars, Gold Rush, Bering Sea Gold, Deadliest Catch, Chasing Classic Cars, Wheeler Dealers, Cafe Racer, Overhaulin', and Next Greatest Artist. I'm sure there are others...

Do TopChef and Chopped count as reality? I consider them more cooking gameshows. How about HouseHunters International, or HouseHunters Alaska? I love seeing those cool houses! And they give prices too, for future plans...

One episode showed Jason Elam and his wife shopping for a cool little $1M private island home up there. Incl. a dock for his seaplane! Seals and whales were breaching not far from the deck!

bulldog
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Ink Master
Ultimate Fighter
Full Throttle Saloon
Black Gold (on occasion)
Jersey Shore (done now)
Harcore Pawn (hear it is fake though)
Pawn Stars

Ghosty
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 03:30 PM
What's Black Gold?

bulldog
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 03:36 PM
What's Black Gold? It comes out after Full Throttle Saloon so I end up watching it, but it is about oil well drillers.
http://www.trutv.com/shows/black_gold/index.html

Here is a cool clip that shows one of the drillers (smaller guy) knocking out a bigger guy that starts the fight with a cheap shot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hG1BTdk19o

mdub
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 04:36 PM
What's Black Gold?

Texas Tea

~Barn~
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 04:45 PM
What's Black Gold?

Texas Tea

Bubblin' crude...

Ghosty
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I had a mad crush on Elly Mae when I was a kid (and MaryAnne too of course). God loves a woman who can handle a rifle. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition, AMEN!...

http://www.librarising.com/astrology/celebs/images2/D/donnadouglas2.jpg

FZRguy
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Not your standard reality shows but good gear head stuff.
Cafe Racer
Gearz
Two Guys Garage
Wheeler Dealers
Overhaulin'

I like the auctions too.
Mecum
Barrett-Jackson

Side note: A gal at work took leave to be on the Amazing Race...she just came back. Noteable last name too....Bandimere. She used to do Roller Dolls.

JKOL
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Duck Dynasty
The Ultimate Fighter
Full Throttle Saloon (only because I was at the FTS last summer while they were filming)
Ridiculousness (not really reality, but I love watching stupid people do stupid things)

FZRguy
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 01:35 AM
American Pickers, Antique Restoration are pretty good.

koop
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Amish Mafia

I caught this by chance the other weekend. It's freaking awesome. Fixed Amish buggy racing, Amish turf war, Amish raves. Just when I think I may have discovered the greatest show ever...BOOM...

They hit me with the midget Amish gangster. That's right, Wee Man with a beard and hat doing gangster shit. Pure awesomeness.

rforsythe
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Texas Tea

Bubblin' crude...

I give you gentlemen full marks for managing to associate Beverly Hillbillies theme song lyrics into a thread. Well played, sirs.

~Barn~
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 11:03 AM
My work here is done. Have a good weekend everybody.

salsashark
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Anyone catch the Joe Schmo show on Spike? Complete non-reality reality show... Good for a few laughs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIuD2n1SYw - deaf girl who does ventriloquism :lol:

Also, Barrett-Jackson and Mecum auto auction shows... love them. Must be rough to have that kind of money...

birchyboy
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure what "reality" really means since a good portion of the shows seem to be scripted. That said, here's a few I watch:

Overhaulin'
Wheeler Dealer
Restaurant Impossible
Chopped
Iron Chef America (plus the sub-series)

Captain Obvious
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Joe Schmo Show season 3
Ultimate Fighter
Property Brothers
Holmes on Homes

Does Good Eats count as a reality show? What about Diners, Drive Ins and Dives?

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Deadliest Catch
Biggest Loser

It's the only two that seem to have the least amount of contrived drama. With Biggest Loser, it's pretty neat to see a reality show where people change their lives for the better instead of seeing the worst of humanity.

sloridr
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Deadliest Catch
Biggest Loser

It's the only two that seem to have the least amount of contrived drama. With Biggest Loser, it's pretty neat to see a reality show where people change their lives for the better instead of seeing the worst of humanity.

Deadliest catch is one of the shows that producers push crews to create drama. I work beside a lot of the crabbers and fisherman of Dutch Harbor. The city of Dutch Harbor doesn't care much for the show. It has brought a lot of unwanted riff raff to town. However it's still a fun show to watch and on occasion ill see myself or the barge I run on there. Kinda cool!

Amish Mafia
Triple D
Gold Rush
Moonshiners

These are ones I've seen recently that we're pretty good.

FZRguy
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Triple D, Gold Rush, whatever the Coast Guard rescue show is called.

FZRguy
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Man vs. Food is okay too.

KennyFish
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 11:26 PM
no love for top gear US????

Captain Obvious
Mon Jan 28th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Man vs. Food is okay too.

I never say stuff like this, but I got tired of watching the constant gluttony on that show. Used to watch, now just skip it.

FZRACE97
Tue Jan 29th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Ancient Aliens is interesting.

FZRguy
Tue Jan 29th, 2013, 10:19 PM
I never say stuff like this, but I got tired of watching the constant gluttony on that show. Used to watch, now just skip it.

k, how bout Man vs. Wild?

I Shouldn't be Alive series. When you think things couldn't possibly get worse, they do.

Captain Obvious
Wed Jan 30th, 2013, 09:46 PM
k, how bout Man vs. Wild?

:) I did, till I found out they fakes some scenes.

Dark alley brawl? Bear Grilles > Les Stroud
Survival tv show? Survivorman > Man vs Wild

Even if Bear did piss on his shirt and wear it as a hat. :)

Wrider
Thu May 9th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Saw a post today about the Duck Dynasty guys... Apparently a bunch of "politically correct" types decided to get together a petition to get A&E to stop broadcasting images of them praying and using guns. The patriarch, Phil, told them that it's a part of their lives, that it's what they believe, and if they weren't allowed to show it, they'd stop doing the show... A&E signed on to another season...

Now that's standing up for what you believe in. Bravo to them for standing up for their beliefs, and bravo to A&E for not caving to "OMG my ears are bleeding because someone cursed!" types.

Ghosty
Thu May 9th, 2013, 03:22 PM
If A&E actually caved to a small group of overly sensitive fuckwads, I'd be surprised. Duck Dynasty brings in TONS in ad revenue. But glad A&D didn't even ask the cast to change anything. What ridiculous bullshit from these P.C. clowns offended by every tiny thing.

Got a fucking clue for y'all: Don't like it?, STOP WATCHING! Change the damn channel idiots.