PDA

View Full Version : QR Codes - Landing Page - Copy/Paste e-mail

Dietrich_R1
Thu Jan 24th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Hell O & thanks for listening... I've got a few projects on my plate that are stopping me from moving forward. I know probably 1/2 of the CSC members are Techie's, at least that's what it was when we created the "club".

1) QR CODE: I know there are QR Code Generators. The smallest I can find is 1"x1". I need to make it as small or big as possible to run a benchmark on how small can it be till the printing function fails.

2) QR CODE LANDING PAGE: From this landing page, there will be a directory of up to 12 companies, each with their own link to their website or to another landing page that they can put their company information. I need rough ball-parks on how complicated this is, along with pricing. This would be repeated over & over & over. We would do this for each project & most would need minimal change after every year.

3) COPY/PASTE EMAIL: I posted this earlier but haven't come to the perfect option. I need a template that can be changed over the course of time easily (hopefully). Basically, call & get an e-mail (with their permission) send them this copy pasted document into the body, as well as ad some more basic verbiage above into the body.

If someone can give some guidance, assistance, etc. that would be great. This can be a small project, or could turn into some really big mgmt of it all.

Thanks,
Dietrich

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Dietrich_R1
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Will these :boobies: get me some luv???

rforsythe
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 11:00 AM
What is your question on #1, exactly?

birchyboy
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 11:03 AM
#1 seems to be more of a printer resolution/paper quality issue than a QR generator issue.

Dietrich_R1
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 11:37 AM
#1 seems to be more of a printer resolution/paper quality issue than a QR generator issue.

That is exactly it... Basically, I need to run a test of sizes from 3"x3" down to the smallest out there.

The Test will be to see if the printing will work & to see at what size starts to "fail".

The smallest qr generator I've found is 1"x1", & wondering if there are ones out there that will create smaller ones.

Thanks,
Dietrich

rforsythe
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 12:10 PM
It's just a grid pattern. You can make it as small as you want with graphics software, but much below 1" you start running into a practical application problem in that people can't scan the damn thing with their phones. :lol:

Upsizing, I suppose there is no limit. The largest I've seen covered an entire rooftop.

I took one from a QR generator and applied a grid pattern to it in AI, redid the QR in a new layer, and that gave me the vector format graphic to make it whatever size I wanted with zero resolution loss. It's not too hard, there is a good site on how-to if you google it. Or you may be able to find a QR generator that supplies a vector file directly, and you're off to the races.