PDA

View Full Version : J.J. Abrahms to Direct next StarWars Ep.VII

Ghosty
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 12:32 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/24/jj-abrams-reportedly-tapped-to-direct-next-tar-wars-installment/?intcmp=features

Only problem I foresee (besides Disney getting their CHILDISH claws into it), is how did they choose THIS idiot to write the screenplay?:

Late last year, Lucasfilm confirmed that Michael Arndt, who wrote "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Toy Story 3" would pen the screenplay for "Episode 7."

#1Townie
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Another one? Why? What are they going to film the life that took place in the years before the first three and after the last three? That would be dumb. I thought the dark side was destroyed and life was perfect again.

Vance
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Another one? Why? What are they going to film the life that took place in the years before the first three and after the last three? That would be dumb. I thought the dark side was destroyed and life was perfect again.

Well let's see...

There is the Old Republic story lines galore option - ranging from the original establishment of Jedi v Sith, where the last of the Sith species is exterminated and replaced by a following of the Dark Force ways where there were an equal number if not more Sith than Jedi... and let's not forget the Mandalorians,... I'd love an offshoot series (TV or otherwise) about the Mandalorians. An entire planet and culture based on military-industrial complex and mercenary actions culture and economics to the point they were almost the downfall of the Jedi, not the Sith.

There is the New Republic / Thrawn / Katana Fleet story line which could be a good wrap up of the original characters...

There is the New Jedi Academy which establishes the cycle all over again including the inevitable betrayal by a family member which results in the death of a much beloved original character...

Or they could go full scale battle size Star Wars again and make the entire trilogy about the Yuuzhan Von invasion.

Who knows...
Thanks to the Expanded Universe that Lucas approved - there are a LOT of plots out there that could be explored.

Ghosty
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 01:48 PM
I dunno about this movie. I'm guessing AFTER Return of the Jedi since it says Episode VII everywhere.

As for the possible ABC TV-series being rumored, that is suppose to be the seedy underbelly of Corsucant, between Ep.III & IV.

longrider
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Back when Star Wars first came out it was stated that the grand plan was for 9 movies and the first trilogy was the middle. When they got renamed 4,5, and 6 that fit the plan and somehow 7,8, and 9 fell by the wayside

Snowman
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 02:33 PM
I for one welcome the eventual addition of Star Wars Land to the Magic Kingdom.

http://screencrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/star-wars-disney.jpg

spideyrdr
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 02:35 PM
I for one welcome the eventual addition of Star Wars Land to the Magic Kingdom.

I trust this guy. He was there when they built the Death Star and was overseeing the reconstruction.

Snowman
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I trust this guy. He was there when they built the Death Star and was overseeing the reconstruction.You don't think for second there isn't a team imagineers secretly figuring how to remodel Spaceship Earth at Epcot Center into the Death Star? I find your lack of faith disturbing.

http://www.liveforfilms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Disney-Star-Wars-Logo.jpg

Drano
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I don't really have any issues with Disney. I enjoyed the Pirates of the Caribbean, Tron: Legacy, and John Carter.

I hope they involve the writers that worked on The Force Unleashed. In my opinion, the story of that game captured the essence of IV, V, and VI that was missing from I, II, and III. It was serious, with a sense danger, whilst retaining humorous moments in a way that that didn't feel forced or awkward, and it had endearing characters. Outside of the original films, the game is the only thing that kept me interested in Star Wars.

With a director like J.J. Abrams involved we could see something fantastic finally come from the Star Wars universe that hasn't happened since Empire Strikes Back. George Lucas be damned, bring on J.J. Abrams!

Ghosty
Fri Jan 25th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Yes, Empire was my favorite, still. And I enjoyed Tron for the effects, but the story needed a badass scifi/cyberpunk author, not whoever penned the Disney thing. Pirates was great.

John Carter (and I know there are a bunch of fans here) was ok, I never read the books. Could've done without the "jumping a mile high like the Hulk" thing, even if they were in the books. Just makes it so goofy. I hate goofy. I like Blade Runner & Aliens. Serious, dark, no muppets, and minimal gaping giant plotholes.