PDA

View Full Version : Bike class at full throttle.

moep
Sat Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
I just did my first day of the class. Tomorrow is the second day. IMO, it is worth it. I feel more comfortable. The bikes are 250cc and pretty much anyone can ride them. There were three people out of 7 that have never been on a bike. They did fine. No one dropped the bike. So if there is anyone thinking they cannot ride a bike, I will tell you that you can. There were men and women in the class.

If you go with full throttle, there are coupons on groupon, so the price is $99 for the two day class and at the end you will get you endorsement.

I am not a sales person for them or work there. I am just taking a class there.

madvlad
Sat Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
Sick dude, good for you man. That class will save your life years deep into riding

Cornfed
Sat Feb 2nd, 2013, 06:46 PM
I hear the get mad if you drag the frame on the obstacle course. Any truth to that?

moep
Sat Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:21 PM
I hear the get mad if you drag the frame on the obstacle course. Any truth to that?
I'll let you know tomorrow.

moep
Sat Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
My main goal for the class was to get back on the bike after 10 years before riding my new bike. It was also to get my endorsement. I do need to get out of some bad habits so this class is helping me with that.

Wrider
Sat Feb 2nd, 2013, 07:56 PM

I got in trouble for scraping pegs on my TW200 in mine... lol

Ph03niX
Sat Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:36 PM
I wanna take the class. But how do i know when it is??

3point5
Sun Feb 3rd, 2013, 01:35 AM
I just did my first day of the class. Tomorrow is the second day.

yes & true…all the class does is give you the slightest bit of confidence to take your bike out on the road…and a motorcycle endorsement…

I say this, and everyone know already knows…you start small and work your way up…

I bought my 2001 aprilia mille r, a 1000cc track bike, right out of the gate…first bike ever

I rode my bike to class…illegally…both days...

does that mean you have to ride it the way the pros do on a track?
does that mean you have to redline every gear?
does that mean you must reach it's performance peak?

the answer is no…

ride with common sense...
ride with the knowledge that tomorrow could be the last day of the rest of your life...
ride as fast as you want to hit something really solid…
ride as if a police officer was right behind you..
ride as if you were following every traffic law to a T…
ride like you have nothing to prove…

but, ride…

Cornfed
Sun Feb 3rd, 2013, 06:28 AM
I'll let you know tomorrow.

I was just messing with ya. Sarcasm doesn't transfer to print very well.

I got in trouble for scraping pegs on my TW200 in mine... lol

:D Hellz ya!!!! :headbang:

madvlad
Sun Feb 3rd, 2013, 08:05 AM

Just gotta do some research as far as what places near your area do them and stuff and they'll have schedules etc

BC14
Sun Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:04 AM
Here's a good place to start looking. http://abate.si2.com/ABATE/TRS.nsf/Locations-BRC?OpenForm

moep
Sun Feb 3rd, 2013, 09:37 PM

The classes are three times a week for two days each. M-T, T-F and S-S. I believe there a coupon in living social. The class teaches you more then just riding. There is a lot of classroom time. At the end, you do have to take a written test. Only 2 people have failed the written test in the past three years. At the end there is a riding test. When you pass the riding test, you take the card they give you and go down DMV and you will get a temp M class license and then the new one will be mail to you.

Some people might laugh at the class but it does teach you a lot about staying alive.

For example: How many of you guys know that helmets have a five year expiration dated, even if in mint condition. The material deteriorates after 5 years. Under the padding, there is a production date and the helmet is good for five years. There is no law that says people cannot sell expired helmets, that is why you can get new helmets cheap on Craigslist or eBay. If you buy one, you should look at the production date.

This is just a very small example of what you learn.

Ph03niX
Sun Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
Signed up :D

moep
Sun Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:50 PM
Signed up :D

Nice. You will get a discount at colorado power sports after the class. If you need something, wait till after the class.

Moe

Ph03niX
Mon Feb 4th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Nice. You will get a discount at colorado power sports after the class. If you need something, wait till after the class.

Moe
Ahhh good idea :thumbup