PDA

View Full Version : Full Exhaust, Ti or Stainless????

DenverDuc
Thu Oct 2nd, 2003, 01:50 AM
I am trying to find an exhuast for an my 03 R6. I figured that I already have stainless headers so why not upgrade to a full ti system. So I've been looking around and found a full ti Akrapovic, Graves, and Arata at a reasonable price around 1100 bucks. However, I went to Performance cycle today and a guy told me that titanium headers aren't that good. He said as the bike runs carbon builds up on the ti headers causing corrosion and weaking the heads and in time they could break. He said stainless is the way to go. He was trying to sell me a full micron systemw/stainless headers(why not just buy a full ti). Since i already have stainless heads I might as well just buy a slip, but I want the most out of my bike. Does anyone know the difference?? :?

Ripper
Thu Oct 2nd, 2003, 02:57 AM
How long do you plan on keeping the bike?

brian38
Thu Oct 2nd, 2003, 08:18 AM
We have installed a number of pipes on the 03 R6's and can help by showing performance numbers. Keep in mind what noise level you want with your pipe. Some are extremely loud! A stainless header will typically last longer but you will find that manufacturers like will still stand behind their pipes. Weight of the system can still be a factor even with stainless. Arrow makes an excellant pipe with low weight even as a stainless pipe with Ti can.
If you want give me a call and I can answer what questions you may have.

Brian
TK Motorsports
720-560-4587 cell
720-904-9040 shop

DenverDuc
Thu Oct 2nd, 2003, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure how long I plan on keeping it. Probably a year or two.

CSUAdam
Sun Oct 5th, 2003, 07:07 PM
The aftermarket headers will probably make more power than your stock ones due to the differences in shape. The aftermarket ones are not going to be the same as the stock ones.