PDA

View Full Version : Please write your Colorado Representative in support of HB13-1083/MOST Bill

bornwildnfree
Wed Feb 6th, 2013, 08:04 AM
HB13-1083 – MOST Program, is scheduled for its first House Transportation Committee Hearing on Thurs 2/7 at 1:30 pm in room 0112. Please contact your Representatives and ask them to co-sponsor this Bill.

If you don't know who your House and Senate Reps are, you can go to http://www.colorado.gov/apps/maps/neighborhood.map, enter your address at the top, and click on Legislators. It's not the easiest web page to use so if you can find out what district you're in, I can tell you who you rep is.

“What do I say?” It could be as simple as, “Please co-sponsor HB13-1083.” Or it could be more in depth, telling them why you want them to co-sponsor / support the Bill.

A few “talking” bullets, which you might use but remember to put them in your own words.
• This Bill addresses the concerns of the performance audit of the MOST Program presented in September 2011 (poor management, lack of oversight, inappropriate funding, etc.)
• Why do motorcyclists want this program: (Motorcyclists fund this program - $4 on motorcycle registration and $2 on motorcycle license)
o This is a safety program that teaches proper riding gear, techniques such as braking & counter-steering, and accident avoidance.
o It reduces the cost of training courses, so more riders will get training.
o It provides mobile training to outlying areas.
o It is an integral part of assured Federal Highway funds for motorcycle safety and awareness funds in CO.
o It oversees the schools/companies and instructors providing classes to assure approved curriculum and safety measures are followed.
o It reduces accidents/fatalities by putting more trained riders on the road.

Thanks!

noskills
Wed Feb 13th, 2013, 06:13 PM
This was rewritten and on today agenda for discussion. I'm always skeptical of new bills. Bureaucratic bs or needed? Isn't that what a motorcycle test is for or am I missing the point?

Sometimes I feel as though walking on the sidewalk will need a permit or class. Forgive me as right now I'm having a hard time swalling the butcher of the 2nd.

Jason ON
Wed Feb 13th, 2013, 09:34 PM
If you're going to post about a bill, at least post a link to the bill so the rest of us can read it.

Sleev
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 12:33 PM
http://www.statebillinfo.com/bills/bills/13/1083_ren.pdf