PDA

View Full Version : Holy f'ing knockout!

madvlad
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 07:59 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--uriah-hall-not-quite-comfortable-in-aftermath-of-devastating--tuf--victory-195107843.html

Did anyone else catch this crazy ass k.o on the ultimate fighter a few nights ago? Holy mother of GAWD!

Drama
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 08:09 AM
that was crazy!

FZ1Guy
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Can you spell "BRAIN DAMAGE" Yikes!!!

asp_125
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 08:47 AM
"I'm sorry Adam" :up:... classy.

Ghosty
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 09:48 AM
I don't think I'd wanna get on this guy's bad side, sheesh!

Hall has sent each of his first two opponents to the hospital. In the qualifying round in order to make the final 16, Hall won a unanimous decision over Andy Enz. However, he broke Enz's arm with a kick during the bout.

~Barn~
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 09:52 AM
That was definitely an ugly scene while he was coming back to. I'm glad he is alright, but wondering if he's considering going back to his mom and dad's HVAC company. (?)

madvlad
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 09:53 AM
That was definitely an ugly scene while he was coming back to. I'm glad he is alright, but wondering if he's considering going back to his mom and dad's HVAC company. (?)

I wonder if he even remembers he works there :lol:

~Barn~
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Ha! No shit!

madvlad
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Ha! No shit!

Yea, just seeing the dude breathing that crazy it seemed like gasps whenever a person is about to go... definitely scary stuff and he should probably have some intensive medical work and tests done before continuing on with it.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 10:23 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/2h2fdbq_zpsa0bf9505.gif

The GECCO
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Yea, just seeing the dude breathing that crazy it seemed like gasps whenever a person is about to go... definitely scary stuff and he should probably have some intensive medical work and tests done before continuing on with it.

Sadly, it looked pretty familiar to me. I've been "first on scene" to literally hundreds of MRA crashes and have seen that breathing pattern many, many times. I'm not sure that it equates to someone being near death, though. I think there are various "levels" of unconsciousness due to trauma and that breathing pattern just means there is a more in-depth reset going on in the persons brain. That deep of a KO is also commonly accompanied by shaking/twitching that can look like a mild seizure while the brain reacquaints itself with all the nerve and muscle connections.

Thankfully, as many times as I've seen it, I've never seen it followed by death, and the majority have returned to racing :up:

madvlad
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Sadly, it looked pretty familiar to me. I've been "first on scene" to literally hundreds of MRA crashes and have seen that breathing pattern many, many times. I'm not sure that it equates to someone being near death, though. I think there are various "levels" of unconsciousness due to trauma and that breathing pattern just means there is a more in-depth reset going on in the persons brain. That deep of a KO is also commonly accompanied by shaking/twitching that can look like a mild seizure while the brain reacquaints itself with all the nerve and muscle connections.

Thankfully, as many times as I've seen it, I've never seen it followed by death, and the majority have returned to racing :up:

I'm no expert, just an assumption though of course wrong but just looked damn serious and everyones facial expression was just horrible

Ph03niX
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 11:10 AM

Well thats pretty cool to know. He just kicked the guys reset button, thats all! xD

But man that was scary when i heard his breathing..

Ezzzzy1
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Knock outs in general are still kind of a mystery to the medical world but essentially what you saw in his breathing pattern was due to the difficulty in transmitting the "breath" signal from the brain. Not only was the signal having a hard time leaving the brain but the return signal wasnt being processed in a normal manner either. To complicate things more the brain is trying to "reset" itself while the body and brain are also trying to preserve the basic of basic bodily functions and protect the vital organs.

Its hard to watch for sure but usually result in the system resetting itself and the person waking up saying "what happened?" :lol:

While it doesnt take much to knock someone out its really hard to seriously hurt someone with any part of the human body. Especially with direct head (skull) shot. Most of the time the real damage is done when someone hits the ground and there is not padding ie: concrete.

FZjake719
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Holy. Sheit.

Out for 4 minutes, not on the stool until 6 minutes after that, and not in the ambulance until 9 futher minutes had passed.

That is REDONKULOUS.

Captain Obvious
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Very nasty. Wished they had not teased it on the first episode tho, I knew it was coming. HAD to be Uriah handing out the knockout, just didn't see the other kid doing it.

bulldog
Tue Feb 12th, 2013, 08:09 AM
While it doesnt take much to knock someone out its really hard to seriously hurt someone with any part of the human body. Especially with direct head (skull) shot. Most of the time the real damage is done when someone hits the ground and there is not padding ie: concrete. Exactly; since fights gets stopped before reaching that point....and seeing as he is 100% fine and still going to compete in the finale there was no "brain damage".

This is actually why they claim that MMA is safer than boxing! A person gets knocked out the fight is done. In boxing you have the 10 count and can get knocked out multiple times which studies have proven does actually cause brain damage. UFC has strict rules in place if you do get a concussion and they do not allow you to fight for a period of time to be safe.

The knockout was brutal, but nothing that hasn't been seen before; watch Pride Cro-Cop fight knockouts! The hype is more to get this season ratings since last season was the worst. Hell I remember a previous TUF episode where Matt Riddle knocked out Dan Simmler and broke his jaw and was making the scariest noises while coming back that scared me more; I was like "oh shit this is the end of TUF". (I'll find the video)....

I do think Uriah Hall may win this season!

madvlad
Tue Feb 12th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Mirko has some of the baddest kick K.O's out there, those Croatians kick damn hard lol

bulldog
Tue Feb 12th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Mirko has some of the baddest kick K.O's out there, those Croatians kick damn hard lol Yeah, even Rampage had some sick ones in Pride...although I bet half the guys were roided up and on coke at that time.
One of my favorite's from Rampage; his epic slam knockout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOJAj-Zbu9c

Here is actuially one of Cro-Cop getting it too (notice his leg and let's not forget these are heavyweights) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQdC8oxhDWY

Here is that Matt Riddle video that scared me; think it was the noises this guy was making (plus a broken jaw)
http://fightlinker.com/who-has-the-best-tuf-knockout/

Damn, Matt's response:
“I think [Hall's] knockout was definitely one of the flashiest and hard-hitting knockouts. Usually knockouts that happen that way aren’t as hard-hitting as that. It was a really impressive knockout and he did a lot of damage with that kick. That said, when I was on season seven, I broke that dude’s jaw in three places and gave him a level three concussion which means he had amnesia and he didn’t remember six months of his life. So that guy (Adam Cella) got his memory back in an hour, my guy didn’t get his memory back for six months AND he had his jaw wired for six months. So I think his knockout was definitely fancier and definitely way prettier, but medically and in long term damage, I still hold the record.”

Ezzzzy1
Tue Feb 12th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I am truly bummed at how poorly most of the guys transitioned from the larger world wide events into the UFC. Literally all of the K1 guys got rolled and most of the Pride guys didnt last long. Not that the UFC guys did any better in the pride ring but I miss Pride.

I wish the UFC would go offshore and hold an old skool tournament. To win you would fight three times in one day, winner take all....

bulldog
Tue Feb 12th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I am truly bummed at how poorly most of the guys transitioned from the larger world wide events into the UFC. Literally all of the K1 guys got rolled and most of the Pride guys didnt last long. Not that the UFC guys did any better in the pride ring but I miss Pride.

I wish the UFC would go offshore and hold an old skool tournament. To win you would fight three times in one day, winner take all....

Well there is “Dream” which is the former executives of Pride, but they just don’t seem to be able to bring in the fighters that UFC can afford and seem to mostly stay in Japan. I still think the Pride days were so great because there was zero drug testing and most of them took great advantage of it. Like they claim this is one of the first true fights Overeem fought “clean” (against Bigfoot Silva) and even though he was still big he didn’t have that ripped look like he normally did and his performance really lacked. Really makes you wonder how much all these “performance enhancement” drugs help to contribute to great fighters back in those days. Then we have UFC that basically is a monopoly of MMA and has the money to beat nearly every other competitor and is known for it. You sign with UFC and you lose all other rights to do any other event or even promote sponsors they don’t approve. Bellator is really the only one competing against UFC now; they actually just got Randy Couture to be a coach of their new MMA show…..which of course Dana White is now bashing him for it. Bellator is at least a tournment style competition and plays weekly on Spike TV.

Ezzzzy1
Tue Feb 12th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Dream is alright but its just going to be another stepping stone for the UFC. Like you said, they are name in the game and eventually they get everything they want. Not that the fans dont want to see the top of these other organizations fight the top of the UFC but without agents the UFC is free to do whatever it wants and they get it because of how insanely deep their pockets are.

Essentially every fighter that signs with UFC is selling their soul. Hell they were just up Cowboys ass for saying he was going to go wake boarding...

bulldog
Tue Feb 12th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Dream is alright but its just going to be another stepping stone for the UFC. Like you said, they are name in the game and eventually they get everything they want. Not that the fans dont want to see the top of these other organizations fight the top of the UFC but without agents the UFC is free to do whatever it wants and they get it because of how insanely deep their pockets are.

Essentially every fighter that signs with UFC is selling their soul. Hell they were just up Cowboys ass for saying he was going to go wake boarding... Yeah you know what is funny it they give the coaches of TUF a motorcycle, but then have in their contract they can't ride one while a figher in UFC.

Rampage just got sponsorer by Reebok, but UFC would not allow him to wear that in the octagon since Nike sponsors fighters like Jon Jones. They really do control their lives!

Captain Obvious
Tue Feb 12th, 2013, 05:52 PM

Watched a show with Couture, Otiz, Gracie, they discussed it. Basically said since fighters are much higher skill level and the level of training is so much intense that back in the day, all the tourney style event would show is who took the least damage due to many winners having to withdraw. My version of the conversation.

But I agree, it would be pretty interesting to see.

mdub
Tue Feb 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM
luckily he just got knock'd out.....

that was sq into da face.....

reminded me of the drunk kid in the wrong hood who got knocked out and got robbed...

Captain Obvious
Tue Feb 12th, 2013, 05:58 PM

Watched a show with Couture, Otiz, Gracie, they discussed it. Basically said since fighters are much higher skill level and the level of training is so much intense that back in the day, all the tourney style event would show is who took the least damage due to many winners having to withdraw. My version of the conversation.

But I agree, it would be pretty interesting to see.

madvlad
Tue Feb 12th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Yeah you know what is funny it they give the coaches of TUF a motorcycle, but then have in their contract they can't ride one while a figher in UFC.

Rampage just got sponsorer by Reebok, but UFC would not allow him to wear that in the octagon since Nike sponsors fighters like Jon Jones. They really do control their lives!

Wtf kind of shit is that? Yea I have a motorcycle that I can't use? :wtf:... and I'm sponsored by a brand I can't sport :lol:.... What kind of trolling shit is that

madvlad
Tue Feb 12th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah, even Rampage had some sick ones in Pride...although I bet half the guys were roided up and on coke at that time.
One of my favorite's from Rampage; his epic slam knockout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOJAj-Zbu9c

Here is actuially one of Cro-Cop getting it too (notice his leg and let's not forget these are heavyweights) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQdC8oxhDWY

Here is that Matt Riddle video that scared me; think it was the noises this guy was making (plus a broken jaw)
http://fightlinker.com/who-has-the-best-tuf-knockout/

Damn, Matt's response:
“I think [Hall's] knockout was definitely one of the flashiest and hard-hitting knockouts. Usually knockouts that happen that way aren’t as hard-hitting as that. It was a really impressive knockout and he did a lot of damage with that kick. That said, when I was on season seven, I broke that dude’s jaw in three places and gave him a level three concussion which means he had amnesia and he didn’t remember six months of his life. So that guy (Adam Cella) got his memory back in an hour, my guy didn’t get his memory back for six months AND he had his jaw wired for six months. So I think his knockout was definitely fancier and definitely way prettier, but medically and in long term damage, I still hold the record.”

Not a big fan of rampage but shit that was cool lol.... I remember that K.O Gonzaga got on Crocop and man that was one nasty one for sure, I would've never seen him getting knocked out that bad on his own game... That poor dude on the last one man, bet he had to be on some serious pain and all these idiots could say is "relax".... Dude you'd think that they would see that with as many K.O's that have seen and not many fighters sound like that, hell if any really. If the dude is complaining like that it's cause something is more than wrong :lol:

j0ker
Wed Feb 13th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Nice spin hook to the head! I missed this seeing this one.

bulldog
Wed Feb 13th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Wtf kind of shit is that? Yea I have a motorcycle that I can't use? :wtf:... and I'm sponsored by a brand I can't sport :lol:.... What kind of trolling shit is that It happen when Jose Aldo wrecked on his sportbike and had to pull out of a fight. Now they are not allowed to do any "extreme" stuff, but motorcycles were pointed out.

madvlad
Wed Feb 13th, 2013, 10:05 AM
It happen when Jose Aldo wrecked on his sportbike and had to pull out of a fight. Now they are not allowed to do any "extreme" stuff, but motorcycles were pointed out.

You can get injured taking a shower dude :lol: ban that too

bulldog
Wed Feb 13th, 2013, 11:17 AM
You can get injured taking a shower dude :lol: ban that too Although I guess NBA and NFL have similar clauses in their contracts.

All fighters, however, are going to be soon aware the company is frowning on activities such as motorcycle riding, which is also banned in standard NFL and NBA contracts.

Check it out here http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/8/3472208/new-ufc-contracts-will-ban-fighters-from-many-dangerous-activities

bulldog
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 09:26 AM
Anyone watch last night's TUF? Uriah again with a impressive knockout in under 40 seconds and sent another fighter to the hospital.

This guy may be the next Jon Jones / Anderson Silva!!!!!

~Barn~
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Anyone watch last night's TUF? Uriah again with a impressive knockout in under 40 seconds and sent another fighter to the hospital.

This guy may be the next Jon Jones / Anderson Silva!!!!!

I saw it, and yes it was another brutal KO. Both of the guys that he knocked out though, don't exactly strike me as UFC level fighters, much less elite middleweights. And yes, I did hear Chael saying that he is a contender for the MW title, but if anybody in the industry is known for saying outlandish stuff, egh-hmm....

Anyway, we'll see if Hall finishes off the prophecy and even wins the TUF tournament. If he does, then the real story begins... Personally, I think guys like Kelvin Gastelum and maybe even Dylan Andrews could give him all he can handle. (I'll be pulling for Andrews in their semi-finals fight)

Cutting your teeth in the UFC against guys like:
- Stann
- Okami
- Lombard
- Philippou
- even Chris Leben and Tim Boetch and others...

... is a whole new world.

bulldog
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:31 AM
I saw it, and yes it was another brutal KO. Both of the guys that he knocked out though, don't exactly strike me as UFC level fighters, much less elite middleweights. And yes, I did hear Chael saying that he is a contender for the MW title, but if anybody in the industry is known for saying outlandish stuff, egh-hmm....

Anyway, we'll see if Hall finishes off the prophecy and even wins the TUF tournament. If he does, then the real story begins... Personally, I think guys like Kelvin Gastelum and maybe even Dylan Andrews could give him all he can handle. (I'll be pulling for Andrews in their semi-finals fight)

Cutting your teeth in the UFC against guys like:
- Stann
- Okami
- Lombard
- Philippou
- even Chris Leben and Tim Boetch and others...

... is a whole new world. I agree...way too hard to tell at this point how he will be against UFC fighters (if he wins, but either way I am sure he will fight in UFC). Bubba just seemed scared before he even went into that fight, so he lost before he even stepped into that cage. Next few two fights should be great though :up:

Still disappointed over Gustaf pulling out if fight this weekend. Was really wanting to see him fight Mousasi :(

madvlad
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:37 AM
Missed out on that knockout... I bet hospitals are thanking this dude for the business lol

bulldog
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Missed out on that knockout... I bet hospitals are thanking this dude for the business lol Catch is here before UFC pulls it

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/4/3/4178740/ufc-video-watch-uriah-hall-knockout-bubba-mcdaniel-tuf-17-mma

Damn was wrong and it was a 9 second knockout!!!!!!!!!!!

bulldog
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Although here is Rhonda tapping out Uriah twice :D

http://www.bjpenn.com/video-watch-ronda-rousey-tap-tuf-17s-uriah-hall-twice/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bjpenndotcom+%28BJPENN.COM+MM A+NEWS+BLOGS%29

madvlad
Wed Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
That dude's stare is just something else...

~Barn~
Sat Apr 13th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Allow myself to quote.... myself.

<Snip...> Personally, I think guys like Kelvin Gastelum could give [Uriah Hall] all he can handle. <Snip...>

:yes: