PDA

View Full Version : Server parts in Denver

birchyboy
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Does anyone know of a vendor that stocks Dell and HP parts in the area? Today I'm specifically looking for a Dell Perc 6/i battery and DRAC 5 card, but need other parts randomly.

Grim2.0
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Micro center off Tamarac and quincy has everything the place is huge and they have anything for everything for computers

http://www.microcenter.com/site/stores/denver.aspx?rd=1

birchyboy
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Micro center off Tamarac and quincy has everything the place is huge and they have anything for everything for computers

http://www.microcenter.com/site/stores/denver.aspx?rd=1

Thanks. I use them for most desktop stuff, but the parts I need are specifically for higher end Dell servers which they won't have.

rforsythe
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks. I use them for most desktop stuff, but the parts I need are specifically for higher end Dell servers which they won't have.

I've never really seen a retail store sell branded specialized server parts like that. You might luck out and find a seller on eBay with that stuff who's local and would accept you picking them up, otherwise you're probably looking at 1-2 day FedEx and paying the shipping premium to get it.

birchyboy
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I've never really seen a retail store sell branded specialized server parts like that. You might luck out and find a seller on eBay with that stuff who's local and would accept you picking them up, otherwise you're probably looking at 1-2 day FedEx and paying the shipping premium to get it.

Yeah, me neither. I was hopeful that someone would have a contact at a repair shop or similar. I'll probably end up going the Ebay route since my new Dell rep is a tool.

powers
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 10:45 AM
We use Park Place Technologies for extended Dell warranty coverage.

http://www.parkplacetechnologies.com/

I haven't purchased parts from them before, but it might be worth a call?

DFab
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Yeah, me neither. I was hopeful that someone would have a contact at a repair shop or similar. I'll probably end up going the Ebay route since my new Dell rep is a tool.

I think all new dell reps are tools....

I used to be able to get good deals through my rep, now they don't even know what's on dell's website. Haven't used mine in years and don't plan to.

TurboGizzmo
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Are you look brand new or used (not the battery)....honestly the fastest way I was able to get both of those parts a year ago was eBay.

t_jolt
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 01:40 PM
most Dell parts come from two Distribution centers in Denver. one in the springs/castle rock area and another up north in Westminster. These are the warranty parts center.

To get parts outside of warranty you need to butcher another server. or order directly from a reseller, or manufacturer. Either way, best of luck

Tyrel

birchyboy
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks all. I ended up getting a new battery and refurbished DRAC from an online vendor for decent prices. I never have heard back from my Dell rep.

t_jolt
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 05:27 PM
next time you actually need something from dell. Hit me up. Ill get you in touch with the right people

birchyboy
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 05:41 PM
next time you actually need something from dell. Hit me up. Ill get you in touch with the right people

Thanks, I appreciate it. Part of the issue is my company is so small that we don't purchase lots of stuff.