PDA

View Full Version : Got a new DD this week.

Chaos
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Picked this up this week just for a DD. Nothing special really. Was trying to find something kinda sporty, RWD, with somewhat luxury and really affordable. I started looking for a higher mileage CTS-V, or even a G8 GXP but they are still more than I was wanting to spend. Then was looking at E46 BMW's. Then stumbled upon a few of these on CL and couldn't believe how much the G35's have come down in price. Found this one and picked it up for an amazing deal IMO. Never thought I'd own one of these because the 350Z's always felt a little too cramped inside, but the G35's have a little longer wheel base and it helps. Nothing fast but at least it's RWD and a 6 speed manual.

Got it from the original owner with only 62k miles. Always babied and garaged. Full dealer service records and squeaky clean carfax etc.. this thing still smells new inside, and looks it too. 6 speed, HID's, NAV, all nice leather.

Anyone here have any previous experience with the 350Z/G35's? Common things to look out for, be aware of? So far I'm diggin' it. :)

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/600804_10200099683926563_748656175_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/31486_10200099685086592_731548934_n.jpg

madvlad
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Sweet coupe dood, those are very nice cars. The only problems we see that are common on those are the oil cooler o-ring tends to give out at around 90k miles and there is a airbag connector recall for those so shoot me your VIN# or look through records and see if that's been done. I work at Infiniti so lmk if I can help you with anything

Chaos
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Nice, do you work at Peak? That's where he bought it from and had it serviced.
VIN is JNKCV54E65M420281

madvlad
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Nice, do you work at Peak? That's where he bought it from and had it serviced.
VIN is JNKCV54E65M420281

It used to be peak infiniti, then littleton infiniti and now Mike Ward Infiniti. I'm a service writer there now after 3 years of tech work. I'll check the system for any recalls tomorrow when I get to work and let you know if anything comes up.

Chaos
Thu Feb 7th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Ah gotcha. I'm a dealer tech at Land Rover in Aurora. Right next door to infiniti of denver off havana, but I don't know anyone over there haha

madvlad
Fri Feb 8th, 2013, 06:02 AM
We're getting a lot their customers lately, what I hear mainly from almost every customer that drives in is that their service is terrible and I quote. How's business at Land Rover?!

Chaos
Fri Feb 8th, 2013, 07:50 AM
We're doing good, busy and steady. We got bought out by Kuni from the people who used to own us. Was a difficult transition, but a year later things are doing well.

madvlad
Fri Feb 8th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Cool man, well nothing came up new. Looked at the car's history and it looks like that airbag harness recall was done 11/05/10 at around 40k miles. The guy you bought it from is a good customer of ours, pretty cool dude. I even worked on it a few times based on history lol. PM me your info (first and last name, best to reach you at phone #, address and e-mail) and I can update that in the system to your name instead of his if you'd like.

I didn't know that you guys got bought out by Kuni, that's crazy. That's good that business is doing well man, nothing like job security that's for sure lol

Chaos
Fri Feb 8th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Yeah that guy was pretty cool. He bought a new RS5, guess he's doing alright! Yeah the thing that sucks is it used to be more of a family vibe here, now it feels like what it is.. A big corporation! Oh well.

I'll send you my info

Thanks for the help! I actually need some front rotors, they are warped. Got a hookup?? :D

Mother Goose
Fri Feb 8th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Nice pick up! I've always like the look (and the sound) of the G35! :up:

madvlad
Fri Feb 8th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Yeah that guy was pretty cool. He bought a new RS5, guess he's doing alright! Yeah the thing that sucks is it used to be more of a family vibe here, now it feels like what it is.. A big corporation! Oh well.

I'll send you my info

Thanks for the help! I actually need some front rotors, they are warped. Got a hookup?? :D

Yea know the feeling there, we used to be like that here when I first started back in 09' which was decent and they somewhat cared, now that this place is growing like crazy we're starting to feel corporation mode kicking in slowly but surely and of course it's inevitable as a place grows unfortunately. Are they brembos?

Chaos
Fri Feb 8th, 2013, 09:31 AM
No Brembos :( wish they were

madvlad
Fri Feb 8th, 2013, 09:33 AM
No Brembos :( wish they were

Trust me, cost wise you wish they're not lol. I'll check and see how much they are my cost.

Chaos
Fri Feb 8th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Yeah we have them on our S/C Range Rovers and RR Sports. And they always make noise too....