PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

spaceman spiff
Tue Sep 6th, 2005, 10:21 AM
so - i put my deposit down @ vickery for the '06 r1 lmtd edition :D - (i can't wait). i was trying to figure out what exhaust to get & was unable to find any sound clips for any exhaust systems. does anyone suggests any particular brand. i am looking for a loud deep sound. i was thinking termignoni (its good enough for edwards & rossi on the m1) or the hotbodies racing (but i heard it makes the bike sound like a high pitched 600cc bike). thanks in advance for any responses.

Airreed
Tue Sep 6th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Yami=Graves Exhaust

Canuck
Tue Sep 6th, 2005, 08:38 PM
You would be foolish to go with the HotBodies exhaust setup. Just ask Jenny. :no:

Airreed
Tue Sep 6th, 2005, 08:45 PM
I didn't think hotbodies did an "undertail" like they do for the R6's...as the R1 is already dual undertail.

Def agree with Canuck...lots of problems with melting on the hotbodies.

If you want the exhaust to be even louder go with race baffling too.

NineTwoFour
Fri Sep 9th, 2005, 04:23 PM
I think Arata looks and sounds sweet. That would be my choice... but everyone is going to have a different opinion. Except for the Hotbodies exhaust... the stuff of their's that I have seen is pretty poor quality.

chad
Sat Sep 10th, 2005, 10:52 AM
I have the 2 bros dual undertail on my 636. They make that setup for the R1, maybe they'll bring it for the R6. As far as sound, it's great.

~Barn~
Sun Sep 11th, 2005, 04:32 PM
If you are going to spend the coin on a somewhat rare machine like the LE Yamaha, then I would go ahead make a similar decision with the exhaust.

Something along the lines of the Evo Akra system, The Termi you were talking about, or even the Corsa LeoVince system.

I would definitely keep the whole "exclusivity" theme intact, with a top-shelf exhaust. I'm pretty sure you can get that Corsa system for just under $3000, online. :dunno:

~Barn~
Sun Sep 11th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Oh!... and putting a Hotbodies anything on an LE R1 would be like putting ketchup on a Morton's steak.

Not exactly an enhancement. :lol:

Sparker
Sun Sep 11th, 2005, 04:46 PM
na man.....go with a F1 Cobra exhaust!

seriously though, spend the money on something "exotic" in the way of exhaust. the ones that Barn listed are all excellent. Arrow makes some nice high end setups but if it were my bike i would go with the Termi.

*MV* #33
Wed Sep 21st, 2005, 02:06 PM
Id call TK and get an Arrow on that bad boy.. or Call LP and check out the Termi exahusts.

Spiderman
Wed Sep 21st, 2005, 04:55 PM
Mmm... Ketchup! :yumyum:

If you are going to spend the coin on a somewhat rare machine like the LE Yamaha, then I would go ahead make a similar decision with the exhaust.

Something along the lines of the Evo Akra system, The Termi you were talking about, or even the Corsa LeoVince system.

I would definitely keep the whole "exclusivity" theme intact, with a top-shelf exhaust. I'm pretty sure you can get that Corsa system for just under $3000, online. :dunno:
........... :imwithstupid:

If it were me, I'd probably go with the Termi. 8)

Lee
Sun Dec 4th, 2005, 10:04 AM
When I had my Yamaha FZ1, I had a Yoshimura TRS Race slip-on on the bike. The sound was the most awesome sound I have ever heard out of an exhaust.

Furthermore, I have ridden next to police officers who had their windows down, listening to me for noise violations, with no problem.

But when I cranked the throttle on that bike, you could hear the exhaust for a mile.

8)

Lee

Scruff Dog
Fri Apr 7th, 2006, 08:57 AM
I put a set of Graves on my R1 and love the sound. Also took the stickers off because they never quite match the the bikes colors.