PDA

View Full Version : Lobster tail recipes?

Ezzzzy1
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Cooking up some tails tonight and was wondering if anyone had a great (different) recipe. Usually I just cut the shell and pull the meat out :lol: and throw it in the oven but if you gotta great recipe id like to try it!

Thanks!

TransNone13
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I know this is going to sound stupid and obvious... but you can't go wrong with Bay Seasoning as you steam them.

Grim2.0
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 04:09 PM
I know this is going to sound stupid and obvious... but you can't go wrong with Bay Seasoning as you steam them.

The only way ever cook them, what's the occasion Ej?

:spit:

TransNone13
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 04:11 PM
The only way ever cook them, what's the occasion Ej?

:spit:

Valentine's Day :applause:

Grim2.0
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Valentine's Day :applause:

Derp

Ghosty
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I loves me some giant SeaBugs!!

Yeah you can't really go wrong with OldBay, or even just some Tony's and/or garlic salt in the boil, K.I.S.S. Then do some clarified butter on the side. If ya wanna get fancy to impress the broad, just Google 'lobster tail recipe', you'll get a ton of hits.

I could eat some tail right now, or KingCrab legs!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/drool.gif

mdub
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Nothing like shellfish in colorado

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Nothing short of flying to Portland and driving up to Bar Harbor will suffice. ;)

Grim2.0
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Nothing like shellfish in colorado

My uncle runs one of the bigger companies that flies the seafood in daily.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 05:14 PM
I guess there really isnt that many ways to cook these guys... The Bay Seasioning sounds good though, I will give that a shot!

I have a really good friend that owns a really good restaurant. He gets his seafood flown in every single day. He always says the stuff you are eating today was living yesterday :lol:

Salmon with a basil and Pesto Butter, Lobster tails and Asparagus with Parmesan and Garlic

Grim... I hope you have enough time to get a card at least :slap:

birchyboy
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Here's my favorite:

http://www.grillingcompanion.com/grilling-lobster-tails/

mdub
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 05:39 PM

And the ice makes them more fresh.

Grim2.0
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 06:39 PM
I guess there really isnt that many ways to cook these guys... The Bay Seasioning sounds good though, I will give that a shot!

I have a really good friend that owns a really good restaurant. He gets his seafood flown in every single day. He always says the stuff you are eating today was living yesterday :lol:

Salmon with a basil and Pesto Butter, Lobster tails and Asparagus with Parmesan and Garlic

Grim... I hope you have enough time to get a card at least :slap:

My wife recieved her v day gift at 7am and it lasted till 4pm

Ezzzzy1
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 06:50 PM
My wife recieved her v day gift at 7am and it lasted till 4pm

Work?

Ezzzzy1
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Bam!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/1_zps73af1a6f.jpg

mxer
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Surf and surf?

Grim2.0
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Work?

Nope I took the day off and took the kid so she could sleep all day (she works nights and watches the kid during the day)

Titus
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 08:01 PM

Where's the CSC hookup? I love live lobster!

Ezzzzy1
Thu Feb 14th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Surf and surf?

Surf and surf :lol:

bulldog
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Damn that looks good!!!! :yumyum:

j0ker
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Whew! That made my stomach growl! Looking good.

JKOL
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Damn that looks good!!!! :yumyum:

:imwithstupid:

I hope you were "properly" thanked for that meal. :devil2:

madvlad
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 08:19 AM
hmmmm salmon :drool:

j0ker
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Lobster and a blowjob?

birchyboy
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Hopefully the tail got you some tail.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 08:47 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/MjAxMi04YTUwOTVlNjJkOTVmNGFj_zps2085de4d.png

bulldog
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 08:54 AM
See this is a smart guy! Any guy can take his girl out to a nice restaurant, but a man that really understands women knows they appreciate you making them something way more. Plus no crowds, cheaper, and bedroom is right there :up:

I did the same last night and cooked my girl dinner. Went to Costco and bought one of those meals that was already seasoned and ready to cook. Threw that in the oven, chilled some wine, and for less than $40 bucks made my girl happier than if I spent $100 at a crowded restaurant!

madvlad
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 09:12 AM
It's insane how much more expensive restaurants are during this time of the year than others, they take advantage hardcore of this crap lol.... should've cooked her bacon tacos mang!

Grim2.0
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 09:17 AM
See this is a smart guy! Any guy can take his girl out to a nice restaurant, but a man that really understands women knows they appreciate you making them something way more. Plus no crowds, cheaper, and bedroom is right there :up:

I did the same last night and cooked my girl dinner. Went to Costco and bought one of those meals that was already seasoned and ready to cook. Threw that in the oven, chilled some wine, and for less than $40 bucks made my girl happier than if I spent $100 at a crowded restaurant!

:lol: i do this every time i cook, the wife's plate is always decorated, fancy, and delicious. Should have taken a pic of the trout i grilled her on Tuesday.

bulldog
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 09:18 AM
It's insane how much more expensive restaurants are during this time of the year than others, they take advantage hardcore of this crap lol.... should've cooked her bacon tacos mang! I still want to go back to Champs to try those :yumyum: UFC fights next weekend, so Champs bacon tacos are calling me :yes:

:lol: i do this every time i cook, the wife's plate is always decorated, fancy, and delicious. Should have taken a pic of the trout i grilled her on Tuesday. From the guy that forgot it was Vday yesterday :lol:

JK, man, good on you that you do it even on non event days. I try myself, but find I grill way more than I cook; don't care if it is snowing outside or whatever.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Recipe thread coming up!

Grim2.0
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 09:32 AM
I still want to go back to Champs to try those :yumyum: UFC fights next weekend, so Champs bacon tacos are calling me :yes:

From the guy that forgot it was Vday yesterday :lol:

JK, man, good on you that you do it even on non event days. I try myself, but find I grill way more than I cook; don't care if it is snowing outside or whatever.

I didn't forget you Derp i was being a smart ass, I have a different way of celebrating a holiday i think is stupid and it involved me spending the day with my kid goofing around while my wife gets sleep, not buying candy and flowers, shit was planned weeks ago.

Recipe thread coming up!

:yes:

madvlad
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I still want to go back to Champs to try those :yumyum: UFC fights next weekend, so Champs bacon tacos are calling me :yes:

We're going for lunch there today haha, definitely down for another fight night cause that was fun except this time I can stay all the way through and enjoy of moar bacon tacos along with an ice cold Guinness/Blue moon mix :yumyum:

bulldog
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I didn't forget you Derp i was being a smart ass, I have a different way of celebrating a holiday i think is stupid and it involved me spending the day with my kid goofing around while my wife gets sleep, not buying candy and flowers, shit was planned weeks ago.

:yes: Yeah I know bro, just messing around. The life of a parent :)

We're going for lunch there today haha, definitely down for another fight night cause that was fun except this time I can stay all the way through and enjoy of moar bacon tacos along with an ice cold Guinness/Blue moon mix :yumyum: I will be at Champs next weekend for sure so let me know if we want to set something up again....I never miss a PPV fight much less a Brendan Schaub fight

P.S. Don't forget tomorrow's main fights start at 1pm on FuelTV....yes 1 since in other country. prelims actually start at 10:30am :wtf:

madvlad
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM
I work tomorrow till 5 pm so won't be making those but definitely next weekend I'm down for Champs again. Didn't know that Schaub was fighting, gotta go see the boy!

bulldog
Fri Feb 15th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I work tomorrow till 5 pm so won't be making those but definitely next weekend I'm down for Champs again. Didn't know that Schaub was fighting, gotta go see the boy! Nice, we will set it up :up:

Well it is actually weird because he is on prelims. They offered to move him up to the main card, but guess FX is getting such high ratings his sponsors actually will pay more to stay on FX; UFC events breaking records with them! He fights Lavar Johnson that pulled out of the Fox UFC card a few weeks back from a injury

highpsi03
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 12:16 AM

bought one of those meals that was already seasoned and ready to cook.
You call that "cooking"?

rforsythe
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 11:51 AM
You call that "cooking"?

One man's cooking is another man's reheating.

bulldog
Mon Feb 18th, 2013, 08:21 AM
You call that "cooking"? Well it wasn't pre-cooked, but I know what you mean :lol:

As I said I am much more of a griller :D

Still made the lady very happy for Vday. Actually I am so great I did take her to "The Melting Pot" on Saturday too :yumyum:

3D
Mon Feb 18th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I just use Old Bay seasoning and steam them in a steam pot with Blue Moon beer.