PDA

View Full Version : Sena SMH10R headset?

madvlad
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Anyone using this one yet? Thinking about picking up another one of these sets soon. Had a scala rider before and wasn't too impressed cause they don't pair up well with Android and their firmware can't be updated. Have heard good things about the Sena systems and just saw this new model on their line up and was wondering if anyone here had tried it yet.

Narsisco Lopez
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Was tempted to upgrade, but my SMH-10 performs so flawlessly, I haven't seen the point.

Ezzzzy1
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Im going to get the Tin Can 2000 when they come out!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/500x_tin_can_01_zps6f1ff382.jpg

salsashark
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 09:35 AM
I'd stick w/ the 10. The 10R has another wire to break. I like being able to remove the whole unit and plugging it in. Can't do that with the new design.

TransNone13
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Hey guys after reading this, I tried to look at communicators... IDK what I'm looking at or for, any input?

Looking for low profile 2-way with BT, cool features are appreciated.

madvlad
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Was tempted to upgrade, but my SMH-10 performs so flawlessly, I haven't seen the point.

I was looking at that set initially but then saw the R and got curious. The only concern I'm having is that separate battery pack which will take even more space in the helmet and stuff.

Im going to get the Tin Can 2000 when they come out!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/500x_tin_can_01_zps6f1ff382.jpg

That's some biodigital jazz right there mang! :lol:

Sean
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I have an SMH5 and love it. I haven't had any issues yet. I really like it because the boom arm is inside the helmet. Synced up to my iphone with no issues or setup. Only downside is that it gets a little noisy/hard to hear at higher speeds. But I'm using it in an Aria AD3, so a sportbike helmet might be different? :dunno:

Go back to ADV you hoolign! Nobody likes you KTM riders! :viking:

bodhizafa
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 02:14 PM
I have an SMH10, worked well, not the best sound but good enough........too bad it got ripped off my helmet on an offroad ride :( gonna try to glue it back together.

I do like the low profile 10R.......might make it though some trees ;)

I liked these for riding with the wife, pretty good communication.

Clovis
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I'm a fan of scala rider headsets. Upgrade to a man's phone and you won't have any pairing problems!

I am, of course, referring to the iphone :)

madvlad
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 03:09 PM
I'm a fan of scala rider headsets. Upgrade to a man's phone and you won't have any pairing problems!

I am, of course, referring to the iphone :)

I find those phones boring as hell dude, they're just so plain and so much money for nothing that other phones do just as good and if not better for the same or less money.

Aaron
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Drano, Clovis, and I all use the Scala Rider, I think we're all on the G9s now.

The G9 can be updated, pairs easily with other Scalas, and it links perfectly with my phone (An iPhone of course). I've got no complaints really.

madvlad
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Those G9's looks like bricks on the pictures lol, how big are they?

Drano
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 10:51 PM
My Scala G9 synced right up to my Droid RAZR with no issues whatsoever. The functionality of the G9 is absolutely impressive. It has voice activation which is nice for switching to the radio, mp3 player, or making a call. You can connect it to the computer to make system changes, add buddies, and update the firmware.

I don't consider the unit to be very bulky. About the size of an old-school, 5-stick pack of gum. No complaints here. It was a worthy investment.

Ignore the sheeples and their crapple products. Android works great with the G9 in every function I've tested.

DemonRider
Sat Feb 16th, 2013, 11:26 PM
We use these:
https://midlandusa.com/bluetooth-intercoms/product/bt2-d-bluetooth-intercom/
They work great, Nikki likes the head to head communications which interrupts songs and phone calls when needed :)