PDA

View Full Version : Snow!!

Clovis
Wed Feb 20th, 2013, 11:58 PM
First good snow storm of the year. About a foot at my house!

My Subaru Forester and WRX... sitting in the garage, because I'm an idiot and took the Beetle convertible to work. It's listed for sale and another mom/daughter wanted to check it out for a graduation gift.

Ghosty
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 12:20 AM
Snow!!
Yes, it's this strange white powdery flaky ice-cold substance. It's slippery too. Very very odd, I'm perplexed, afraid to step outside my door actually. I wonder if it's poisonous?...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/unsure.gif

Clovis
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 12:39 AM
To validate my decision to put all seasons on my WRX a few weeks back... I took it driving through my neighborhood which hasn't been plowed yet.

Driving THROUGH a foot of snow, not even bothering driving through the tracks, the WRX ponied right up the hill like it was nothing. Throw a plow on it and I'll plow the roads! :)

I felt like a mad man for yelling "Fuck you snow!" and laughing like a villian. Considering the Beetle did not fair as well.

The GECCO
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 12:51 AM
Where do you live that there's that much snow?

AOK303
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 01:29 AM
about 4 inches here i was Driving around like a boss and everyone else was driving and screaming afraid of a lil snow

Went to an open lot to make some audi rings

FZRguy
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 05:28 AM
Looks like 6" or so on the west side.

madvlad
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 06:25 AM
Just got to work (470 and Lucent) after leaving my house (bowles and 470) at 5:45 and it's only about a 10 minute commute... as usual all the idiot cagers out there driving like a bunch of pussies and of course everyone slowpokes with 4wd on the left lane more than the right as usual... I got to work with an open employee lot and started sliding the maxima all over the lot :lol: at least something good about snow other than ridiculous drivers and traffic jams over a little water. Roads aren't even iced up surprisingly.

bulldog
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 07:59 AM
Just got to work (470 and Lucent) after leaving my house (bowles and 470) at 5:45 and it's only about a 10 minute commute... as usual all the idiot cagers out there driving like a bunch of pussies and of course everyone slowpokes with 4wd on the left lane more than the right as usual... I got to work with an open employee lot and started sliding the maxima all over the lot :lol: at least something good about snow other than ridiculous drivers and traffic jams over a little water. Roads aren't even iced up surprisingly. Same with me; in a 2wd sport car (with studded tires) and passing all the 4wd trucks that are going 5 mph in the left lane like this is the first snow they have ever seen. Slide in my parking lot for fun and onlookers looking at me like I am crazy. Little do they understand it is best to practice slides like that then to wait for a emergency and not know what to do.

Grim2.0
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:07 AM
WTF is snow?

madvlad
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:09 AM
Same with me; in a 2wd sport car (with studded tires) and passing all the 4wd trucks that are going 5 mph in the left lane like this is the first snow they have ever seen. Slide in my parking lot for fun and onlookers looking at me like I am crazy. Little do they understand it is best to practice slides like that then to wait for a emergency and not know what to do.

Yea I took it hooligan status and drove on the shoulder for about a mile passing people after ken caryl exit cause everyone was literally going 30 mph which is ridiculous for almost no snow at all... We used to go to this empty lot on Wadsworth and Mansfield to practice slides and emergency style situations with our cars and trucks man, it really honed up our snow driving skills. It gets you used to that slide the car has and then you know how and when to correct it without panicking like an idiot.

madvlad
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:10 AM
WTF is snow?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=snow

:lol: #7 explains it in detail

Wrider
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:13 AM
UCCS is all closed up today. We have around 6 or 7 inches in South-Eastern Colorado Springs. Most of it fell within 5 hours last night.

bulldog
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:13 AM
Yea I took it hooligan status and drove on the shoulder for about a mile passing people after ken caryl exit cause everyone was literally going 30 mph which is ridiculous for almost no snow at all... We used to go to this empty lot on Wadsworth and Mansfield to practice slides and emergency style situations with our cars and trucks man, it really honed up our snow driving skills. It gets you used to that slide the car has and then you know how and when to correct it without panicking like an idiot. Exactly! You get comfortable in the situation so when it happens instincts just take over because you have practiced it before.

One day I'd love to get on that frozen lake going up I70 that I see people driving on :up:

madvlad
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:27 AM
Exactly! You get comfortable in the situation so when it happens instincts just take over because you have practiced it before.

One day I'd love to get on that frozen lake going up I70 that I see people driving on :up:

No doubt dude, I think it's Georgetown where they do ice lake races? I think you have to own a 4WD car or truck to be able to do it.

bulldog
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:37 AM
No doubt dude, I think it's Georgetown where they do ice lake races? I think you have to own a 4WD car or truck to be able to do it. Yeah that is the place; always see WRX/STI with studded snow tires on there and lookes so much fun :D

Matty
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:43 AM
5" in Aurora... Found an empty parking lot before dropping the lil one off at school. Always fun to hear a lil 10 year old screaming and laughing at the same time!!!

bulldog
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:45 AM
5" in Aurora... Found an empty parking lot before dropping the lil one off at school. Always fun to hear a lil 10 year old screaming and laughing at the same time!!! Nice....and you got the perfect car for it :bow:

madvlad
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:47 AM
5" in Aurora... Found an empty parking lot before dropping the lil one off at school. Always fun to hear a lil 10 year old screaming and laughing at the same time!!!

Can you adjust the 4wd split on those newer STi's?

bulldog
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:52 AM
Can you adjust the 4wd split on those newer STi's? Matty's car does it all!!! He even has a switch that transformers that STI into a talking robot :lol:

asp_125
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:58 AM
about 4 inches here i was Driving around like a boss and everyone else was driving and screaming afraid of a lil snow

Went to an open lot to make some audi rings

Quattro is great, right up until your not so deep treaded tires decide to quit playing. :( Unscheduled trip to the dealer this morning to put her up on the rack and see what bent. :loser:

~Barn~
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 08:59 AM
Workin' from home today, and hanging out with my Nolar Bear (daycare on delayed start). I'll probably head into the office here in a bit and drop him off, but no donuts for me in the 'Burban unless I do them in the actual parking lot of the gas station.

Jmetz
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 09:03 AM
I have several empty lots that are tied together at the end of a shopping center up the street from my house. I always use it as a drifting course when it snows.

On a side note, I did have a girl in a mini cooper flip me off because she was waiting for someone to tell her it was ok to turn and I honked at her. :lol:

madvlad
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM
Matty's car does it all!!! He even has a switch that transformers that STI into a talking robot :lol:

I have several empty lots that are tied together at the end of a shopping center up the street from my house. I always use it as a drifting course when it snows.

On a side note, I did have a girl in a mini cooper flip me off because she was waiting for someone to tell her it was ok to turn and I honked at her. :lol:

:lol: oddly enough it was a mini cooper that was holding up traffic on 470 this morning

Hoot
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 09:16 AM
Minis are bad, but it's smart cars that really get me. I can't help but laugh out loud and point when I see them. I think I'd have to pull over if someone in a smart car ever flipped me off. I would not be able to keep it together enough to not laugh myself off the road.

Matty
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Matty's car does it all!!! He even has a switch that transformers that STI into a talking robot :lol:

Hahaha..... It actually transformed into a Legacy GT and stayed that way. No more STi. Not quite the same power but still fun. And hopefully should have a lil more pep in its step when I'm done with her.

TFOGGuys
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 09:25 AM
WTF is snow?

Snow is the solid form of stupidity, as evidenced by its effect on drivers...

Zach929rr
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 09:29 AM
REAL Winter Buster ride today

noon MOCO wear your one-pieces (speedos, that is)

Hahaha..... It actually transformed into a Legacy GT and stayed that way. No more STi. Not quite the same power but still fun. And hopefully should have a lil more pep in its step when I'm done with her.

Scissor wagon

Jmetz
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 09:32 AM
Minis are bad, but it's smart cars that really get me. I can't help but laugh out loud and point when I see them. I think I'd have to pull over if someone in a smart car ever flipped me off. I would not be able to keep it together enough to not laugh myself off the road.

TFOG has a smart car, I see it drive through the intersection of Airport and Colfax on some mornings. I bet Jim can drive the hell out of it. :lol:

Ghosty
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 09:55 AM
Snow is the solid form of stupidity, as evidenced by its effect on drivers...
This gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtILxBszyf8

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/facepalm.gif

madvlad
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 09:59 AM
This gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtILxBszyf8

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/facepalm.gif

:lol:

Matty
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 10:05 AM
Scissor wagon

Non wagon....

Cat118!
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 10:11 AM
You know your on facebook to much when you try to like a comment on a forum......

oh and yay snow!!!!!!

Jmetz
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 10:15 AM
Try finger zooming a piece of paper. :lol:

Zach929rr
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 10:25 AM
Non wagon....

* mobile

AOK303
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 10:44 AM
Quattro is great, right up until your not so deep treaded tires decide to quit playing. :( Unscheduled trip to the dealer this morning to put her up on the rack and see what bent. :loser:

Oi im on Cont Dws not the deepest tread tires but so use to rear wheel drifting or front drift i have yet to slide more then a feet unless i was trying too. Hope your car is ok, i saw the post you put up i have the JHM on my S4 and they keep calling and sending me discount cards lol

AOK303
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 10:47 AM
And to all the George town lake race was just this past weekend the open to public, you just need snow or aggressive all seasons alot of of my friends where up there that use to sweep empty parking lots one side ways drift at a time. the Vids are going up looks like a fun time lets do it next year

madvlad
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 11:04 AM
And to all the George town lake race was just this past weekend the open to public, you just need snow or aggressive all seasons alot of of my friends where up there that use to sweep empty parking lots one side ways drift at a time. the Vids are going up looks like a fun time lets do it next year

Not all of us can afford fancy ass german quattro cars :lol:

AOK303
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 11:08 AM
Not all of us can afford fancy ass german quattro cars :lol:

Most common Car was Subie!!! this year about 6 audis 12 wrx 5 legacys, 4 evo a hand full of x drive bmw, 3 or so carreras and cream of the crop all trac celica

madvlad
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM
Hmmmm Celica Alltrac :drool: those are awesome!

asp_125
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Oi im on Cont Dws not the deepest tread tires but so use to rear wheel drifting or front drift i have yet to slide more then a feet unless i was trying too. Hope your car is ok, i saw the post you put up i have the JHM on my S4 and they keep calling and sending me discount cards lol

It'll be fine, I knocked it out of alignment when I went sideways into a curb at the stop sign in my neighborhood, worse case I bent a control arm. Plus side... brand newish A4 Quattro S-line loaner car.

Grim2.0
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 01:35 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/gcc/hCBDF3410_zps63c716ff.jpg

madvlad
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 02:00 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h54/irishrussianpunk/gcc/hCBDF3410_zps63c716ff.jpg

ouch.... you think it'll be flooded? :D :lol:

~Barn~
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 02:13 PM
Yowza!

Your Transformer name will be.... Nautilus.

Keyser Soze
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 03:10 PM
It's sunny here. Slight ocean breeze, but otherwise comfy.

bulldog
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 03:17 PM
It's sunny here. Slight ocean breeze, but otherwise comfy. Whatever...we all know sunny CA is going to fall into the ocean soon anyways :lol:

Huntington Beach is so great!!!! Lucky you :D

madvlad
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 03:38 PM

:doublefinger::doublefinger::doublefinger:

AOK303
Thu Feb 21st, 2013, 03:51 PM

i hope a homeless man poops on your side walk