PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Hypermotard

jgixxer1
Fri Feb 22nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Picked this up the other day. 2008, full Termi, race ECU, dyno tuned by BMS, DP seat, brand new 2CT's, 2200mi. This bike looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Cleanest preowned bike I've ever come across. Only got a chance to ride it for about 10 min, but all I can say is WOW!! This bike is badass! Hands down the funnest street bike I have ever ridden. I had been looking at them for a while and alot of people said they were pigs and pretty slow. I'd have to disagree. I was impressed with how quick it is. And the sound...amazing! I've always been partial to supermotos, and with this bike you get the best of both worlds. I've been going through bikes like underwear over the last few years, but I think I found a keeper!!

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv76/jgixxer1/2013-02-19162122_zpsf5c61501.jpg

birchyboy
Fri Feb 22nd, 2013, 01:02 PM
What a beauty! Enjoy!

madvlad
Fri Feb 22nd, 2013, 01:25 PM
That's awesome dude, good way to start the riding season!

JKOL
Fri Feb 22nd, 2013, 02:37 PM
Love it, great choice. That is how I feel about my Triple, it doesn't matter to me that it isn't the fastest bike on the street. The fun factor is off the charts and that's what keeps me smiling. Enjoy.

Matty
Fri Feb 22nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
I love mine!!!! Just know it's not a Supermoto and you're good.

Titus
Fri Feb 22nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Awesome bike! I was up in the air between the HM1100 & the Streetfighter. Either one would've been awesome.

Ps. Is funnest a word?

jgixxer1
Sat Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:53 PM
Hey Matty, is the speedo on your Hyper accurate? I was doing 85 on the interstate today and still getting passed by more than one car. My bike has stock gearing.

Matty
Sat Feb 23rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
Mine's off a lil.... But I'm down a tooth up front.

Your new favorite site for a lil bit...
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/92-hypermotard/

jgixxer1
Sat Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:02 PM
right on...

Aaron
Sat Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
What'd it out down on the dyno? Have the chart handy?

Frankie675
Sat Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
I really need to ride one of these!

kawasakirob
Sun Feb 24th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Nice! Did you pick it up locally?

Oddibe
Sun Feb 24th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Sharp looking bike. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks - if you likes that's what matters. :-)

jgixxer1
Sun Feb 24th, 2013, 09:12 AM
What'd it out down on the dyno? Have the chart handy?

84hp @ 7800 rpm
67 ft/lbs @ 4800 rpm

full termi, DP ecu, DP air filter

Pretty good considering I seen another dyno sheet of a guy in California at sea level with the same mods plus race cams; his put down 89hp

I really need to ride one of these!

Yes you do, but only if you are absolutely ready to re-evaluate getting rid of the 675. Otherwise, don't even go look at one :no:

I loved the 675 at the track, but for around town, my wrists, knees, and ass were very uncomfortable after only about 30mi. Went on a 70mi ride yesterday on the Hyper and I still felt like brand new afterwards.

Way More Funner to..yes Titus I said it ;)

Nice! Did you pick it up locally?

I'm from Pueblo. Picked up in Lakewood. This guy had a pristine 999S sitting right next to it with all the mods. Only 2400mi on it and he was the second owner!! He said the previous owner only bought it so that he could be at the top of the list for a Desmosedici. I guess when they came out, Ducati would only sell you one if you already owned a 999S. Don't know if that is true, but not hard to believe...

Matty
Sun Feb 24th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Go pick up a Sergant seat and the only thing holding you back from long rides is the 2 gallon something gas tank...

Aaron
Sun Feb 24th, 2013, 08:04 PM
84hp isn't really all that bad, especially considering it doesn't weight all that much. Nice bike! Unique styling but not in a bad way.

bodhizafa
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Love the Hypermotards! Maybe someday :)

jgixxer1
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Go pick up a Sergant seat and the only thing holding you back from long rides is the 2 gallon something gas tank...

does yours do those 3rd gear roll on wheelies that i read about? mine doesn't, not even close. i read about guys having a hard time keeping the front wheel on the ground thru the first 3 gears. i have yet to experience this. i'm sure i can do 3rd maybe 4th gear standups with a little bounce (not that i want to, those days are over) but definitly not off throttle alone.

btw, just got done installing my new woodcraft rearsets. the new riding position feels great!

Narsisco Lopez
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 06:10 PM
I've been going through bikes like underwear over the last few years,

Man, can I relate to that statement!

Matty
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Yeah for elevation robbing power!!! Drop a tooth to a 14 up front and you'll have more fun. That, and a shorter throttle pull. To go WOT you have to regrip. Do a search on the R6 throttle mod.

Ya rearsets would be nice. The bottom of my pegs are scrapped to shit. The one flaw of the 1st gen Hypers. The 2nd gen they moved the rearsets up and back and increased the clearance by an inch.