PDA

View Full Version : SVs Mods

Zanos
Wed Sep 7th, 2005, 12:02 PM
So i am thinking about grabbing a GSXR shock to throw on my SV. A slip on or a full if i can get a cheap enough one. R6 grip and throttle tube. And then the springs and oil on the front?

What does changing my shock consist of and getting that R6 throttle tube on my bike? Info would be apprectiated.

jplracing
Wed Sep 7th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Don't know about the throttle tube.

However, if your SV is the 99-02 model you will have to relocate the battery and modify or trim the battery box to make it fit.

BRG racing makes a relocation bracket that works pretty well.

Also, the M4 exhaust is rumored to be the best

Joe

Zanos
Wed Sep 7th, 2005, 01:44 PM
M4 huh? I only wish i had an extra 700 dollars sitting around.

AshliRider44
Wed Sep 7th, 2005, 01:55 PM
I have a Yosh full system, sounds awesome. Thought you werent throwing money into the SV?

Zanos
Wed Sep 7th, 2005, 01:59 PM
I dont want to use to much money. Thats why i dont wanna get a full system/slip on for 700. And i have came to the conclusion that im going to have the bike for at least 3 years. Just trying to keep it kind of cheap. stock gxsr shock, r6 throttle, sag, etc.

May just have to stop wanting and not do anything to it though. I donno. I am trying to save my money to get my jeep payed off, and when that happens im going to get a new bike. So we will see i guess.

Not sure if i can hold myself back, thats why i am trying to get cheap mods to keep myself satisfied. My SV sure is fun to ride, as why i am thinking about adding a few mods.

Dont hate ashli. I know you dislike me. But its all good.

King Nothing
Wed Sep 7th, 2005, 03:07 PM
ask over at svrider.com you'll get all your answers. you'll also get the obligitory nOOb ass-whoopin'.

Mista Black
Wed Sep 7th, 2005, 06:02 PM
if you're looking to spend money upgrade the shock. from what i've read on the SV650 the suspension is the most deficiant thing on the bike. it stands to reason that that's a good place to start and if you're looking at upgrading it anyway, why go to another shock that people swap out when they get a gixxer?

$699 for a brand new Ohlins from hardracing.com... >>Click the Link<< (http://hardracing.com/Shocks%20&%20Steering%20Damp/OhlinsPricing.htm)

http://www.ohlins.com/images/product_photos/large/l_mc_46hrcl.jpg

Zanos
Wed Sep 7th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I got an answer for you. Because its not 700 dollars for a rear shock, yet it makes a huge improvement from stock SV.

hcr25
Tue Sep 13th, 2005, 09:43 AM
I have a 01-03 gsxr 600 front end on my 2000 sv 650 race bike. the forks have been race teched. as far as the rear shock goes, i still have the stock sv 650 shock.In my opinion it works ok for me for the 8 lap sprint races but any more laps then that it fades pretty bad.
mike

3/4gixxer
Mon Sep 19th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Got a buddy that did the GSXR1000 shock change and it really made a difference for him. He's got and 03 SV though. PM if you want any details on the change out and I'll get you guys together on email.