PDA

View Full Version : >>> 2013 St. Patrick's Day Parade Sign Up Thread <<<

Spiderman
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 05:06 PM
The 51st Annual Denver St. Patrick's Day Parade takes place on Saturday, March 16th... this will be the CSC's 12th year riding in the parade!

A big THANK YOU to our sponsors for this year:

:bow: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/sponsors/TFOG.jpg (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=458518#post458518) (again!) and http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/Parade/sponsors/ABATE.jpg (http://www.abateofcolo.org/) :applause:

Cost* to participate in the parade will be $17/rider, and $13/passenger.
*Fees are non-refundable.

Refreshments (water/beer/etc.) will be provided at the staging area so we can remain hydrated before the parade.
Each participant will receive a commemorative t-shirt designed specifically for this year's parade (to be worn during the parade, over gear if so desired).

This year, we're going to change things up a bit, with ringer-tees baseball jerseys for the guys (they ended up being out of stock on the ringer-tees), and, for the first time ever, the availability of Ladies T-shirts. :boobies:

Anvil Unisex Baseball Tee
http://www.yourapparelsource.com/live/product/hires/2184-WhiteKelly_b.jpg
(http://www.yourapparelsource.com/live/product/hires/2184-WhiteKelly_b.jpg)
5.4 oz., 100% preshrunk heavyweight cotton.
TearAwayTM label.
Contrasting color ¾ length raglan sleeves and seamless collar.
Double-needle stitched sleeve and bottom hem.
-Bella Cap Raglan Sleeve Tee
http://www.yourapparelsource.com/live/product/hires/2020_b.jpg (http://www.yourapparelsource.com/live/product/hires/2020_b.jpg)
5.8 oz., 30 singles, 100% combed and ring-spun cotton 1x1 baby rib knit t-shirt.
Contrasting cap sleeves and set-on narrow binding around neck.
Double-needle stitched.

Complete details will be distributed by email to registered participants.

As in the past, our entry is limited to 30 bikes, and these numbers will once again be filled on a sign-up basis, however, because payment is involved, sign up will be a 2-step process (Note: You will only be signed up after both steps have been completed):

Sorry, sign-up has ended.

Reply to this thread or send me a PM, but only if you are serious about participating (this includes braving cold temps in the morning :cold: )
Click here to pay (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/ParadeSignup.php) your entry fee(s) and select t-shirt size(s).
Note: if you plan to wear the t-shirt over gear, please take that into consideration. Most of us don't wear any gear during the parade (at least no helmets or jackets) because, for the most part, it's at a walking pace.
If the desired size is not listed, select the closest size available and contact me with the details so we can best accommodate you.

Important: Participants must carry proof of insurance - parade marshals may be asking for it. If you can't provide it, you won't be allowed to participate in the parade.

Post-parade activities haven't been made yet, but in the past, we've usually ended up at Breckenridge Brewery (http://www.breckbrew.com/food/pubdenver.html), located along the parade route at 2220 Blake St. :cheers:

Here is the master list: (your name will only be added once I receive payment)
0. Ralph & Donna (in the truck up front)
1. Spiderman
2. DolphinRider
3. DemonRider
4. Fun Sized
5. DFab
6. Grim2.0
7. bornwildnfree
8. Ph03niX
9. WolFeYeZ
10. Heater
11. GRNMSHN
12. madvlad
13. SaShWhO
14. DICK
15. DiddysR6
16. dirkterrell
17. CBRSue
18. eg bter
19. RajunCajun
20. Snowman
21. rifleshooter
22. RMpowerR1
23. ndrwhrrm
24. Spooph
25. losermonkey
26. Spooph's friend & future member
27. racinjason

In the back of the truck: (see the restrictions (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=720643#post720643))
1. Cornfed + 1
2. ~Barn~

DemonRider
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 05:10 PM
DolphinRider and I would Love to attend again this year on separate bikes :)
I will also now have a Passenger ill add him in a few.. Large

and Paid

Thanks TFOG and ABATE :)

Fun Sized
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Dan and I are in on separate bikes. And the title of your thread says 2012. Also, this is my second post ever!

Cornfed
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 05:16 PM
In with wife. Would like to ride in the truck again. If not we we will be two riders and two bikes.

Fun Sized
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Just paid. Third post. Boom.

Grim2.0
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I am in just me myself and the drz

Edit:
paid!

bornwildnfree
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 05:39 PM
In!

~Barn~
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I'd like to formally request a spot on "the truck", if possible. I'm happy to donate to the refreshment fund, as well. :up:

swademaster
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Blake and I were looking forward to it again this year, but we are out due to playing in a baseball tournament. Have fun everybody.

mdub
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 05:50 PM
yeah ....like a spot on the truck as well. will contribute to the beverage fund also...

madvlad
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 06:03 PM
I'm a maybe, reserve a spot for me please kind sir. I'll PM you with a for sure answer by thursday if that's okay. It'll be just me

WolFeYeZ
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Im in with passenger. Sending payment now.

Edit: Paid

Ph03niX
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Im in! Can I let you know about a passenger closer to the parade?

Just paid.

GRNMSHN
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Heater and I are in and paid, see you there suckas!

madvlad
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I paid and reserved my spot just in case, if not someone can just give me the $17 and take my spot. Thanks to TFOG once again and Abate for sponsoring us :up:

Heater
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Thumper & I are in :)

Cornfed
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Paid, two in the truck!

Spiderman
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Im in! Can I let you know about a passenger closer to the parade?
I need to put the t-shirt order in next week, if you can get me an answer before then, that would be ideal.

I paid and reserved my spot just in case, if not someone can just give me the $17 and take my spot.
And hopefully they fit into the t-shirt you ordered. :lol:

SaShWhO
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 08:33 PM
in

~Barn~
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Yo WB/Ralph... Do I need to pony up some entry $$ to ride in the back of the truck? I'm happy to do so, but not sure if that's how that works. I guess I kinda figured that it was for riders/passengers of cycles. :dunno:

Spiderman
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 08:58 PM
To the best of my knowledge, spots in the back of the truck are only for family members of someone riding in the parade. I'm waiting to hear back from Ralph on if anyone else gets to ride in the back of the truck. He's on a plane right now.

As for paying the entry fee, if he decides to open it up, then yes, paying the entry fee would get you a t-shirt to wear during the parade.

~Barn~
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Thanks. I guess I'll sit tight then and see how that pans out.

DICK
Tue Feb 26th, 2013, 10:33 PM
in

rforsythe
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Here's how the truck is going to work: Like before, it's really meant for families of riders (kids and their required supervisory units) to hang in the truck bed and wave to the crowd. Space is generally first come first serve - this shit is like Southwest, we don't assign seats and space may be oversold. :lol:

You're welcome to pay Bob for the shirts and plan to ride in the back of the truck, but be mindful of the space constraints of an 8' truck bed. Obviously small children get priority over anyone else, because they can't just hop out and walk. :) If it's too crammed with "truckies", able-bodied adults may have to walk along with their beers.

The cab is not available for passengers, please don't expect to put them in there. It usually gets filled up with gear and I don't want to deal with trying to pile people in there too.

And please remember truck rule #1: If you put a kid there, arrange for a grownup to be with them as well.

DiddysR6
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
In! / PAID!

Snowman
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 08:27 AM
You guys pulling an MRA trailer like last year?

SaShWhO
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 08:35 AM
what we need is a damn burn out trailer!!!!
RALPH????
BOB?????????

Snowman
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 09:35 AM
what we need is a damn burn out trailer!!!!
RALPH????
BOB?????????with green smoke...

Grim2.0
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
with green smoke...

Do i need to make a trip to Wyoming and buy some green smoke bombs?

SaShWhO
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM
that would be sweeeeet!

dirkterrell
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Susan(cbrsue) and I will be participating again. Two bikes. Off to pay...

rforsythe
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Parade people say no trailer this time. Something about tight space constraints this year...

Grim2.0
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Parade people say no trailer this time. Something about tight space constraints this year...

What about green smoke bombs?

Snowman
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 10:41 AM
They weren't happy with the pyrotechnics idea last year.

rforsythe
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 10:53 AM
They weren't happy with the pyrotechnics idea last year.

That just means you need to do it bigger.

SaShWhO
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 11:01 AM

so what are the floats to do?

Spiderman
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 12:03 PM
You guys pulling an MRA trailer like last year?

No, we are not pulling a trailer this year.

so what are the floats to do?

If we were to add a trailer, it would have been considered a float, and we would have been restricted to 25 bikes. I thought giving more people the opportunity to ride in the parade would be better.

If the general consensus is that we should have a burnout trailer instead, a) somebody's gotta build it (plexiglass(?) walls for crowd safety/liability), and b) the decision to do so would have to be made in December or January, before we register, because we have to tell them how many vehicles we're going to have, and if we're going to have a truck and/or truck and trailer.

Sorry guys, maybe next year.

eg bter
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Chrissy and I are in

rforsythe
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 12:57 PM
If the general consensus is that we should have a burnout trailer instead, a) somebody's gotta build it (plexiglass(?) walls for crowd safety/liability), and b) the decision to do so would have to be made in December or January, before we register, because we have to tell them how many vehicles we're going to have, and if we're going to have a truck and/or truck and trailer.

Sorry guys, maybe next year.

...And someone else is pulling it, because I'm not risking a strap breaking and some bike flying into the back of my truck. :)

SaShWhO
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 01:24 PM
fine!
we'll do next year and I'll pull it.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 01:51 PM
fine!
we'll do next year and I'll pull it.

..... my finger :D

Ph03niX
Wed Feb 27th, 2013, 07:31 PM
^Hahahahahhaa

RajunCajun
Fri Mar 1st, 2013, 09:04 AM
I'm in! Bob, do we mail you a check?

RajunCajun
Fri Mar 1st, 2013, 11:01 AM
Haha, nevermind, I tried reading. Registered and paid!

Snowman
Sat Mar 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
I'm in...

Grim2.0
Sat Mar 2nd, 2013, 10:34 AM
I think I may buy some smoke bombs

rifleshooter
Sun Mar 3rd, 2013, 09:00 AM
In, paid and registered. Look forward to riding with you all.

Are funny green bowlers permitted headwear?

Ph03niX
Sun Mar 3rd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Im in with a passenger (i already bought solo).
Ill have to pay tonight after the winter buster!

Paid for passenger.

RMpowerR1
Tue Mar 5th, 2013, 11:37 PM
count me and ndrwhrrm in will be paying asap !!

Spooph
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Still got space? I just futzed with the buttons and keyboard and got a "congratulations" thingy.... So, I hope you got space... :)

madvlad
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 12:10 PM
I'm 100% in for this fyi, see you guys in a couple weeks!

Spiderman
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Still got space? I just futzed with the buttons and keyboard and got a "congratulations" thingy.... So, I hope you got space... :)
:yes:

I'm 100% in for this fyi, see you guys in a couple weeks!
Ummm, more like 10 days.

madvlad
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 02:38 PM
:yes:

Ummm, more like 10 days.

Okay 10 days lol

Grim2.0
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 03:02 PM
You all better be ready to be crazy and get recorded!!!

madvlad
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 03:12 PM
You all better be ready to be crazy and get recorded!!!

I ain't getting recorded without signing a waiver :lol:

Grim2.0
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 04:15 PM
I ain't getting recorded without signing a waiver :lol:

you will get recorded and you will like it!!

It puts the lotion on its skin!!!!!!!

Does what its told!!!!!

madvlad
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 04:29 PM
you will get recorded and you will like it!!

It puts the lotion on its skin!!!!!!!

Does what its told!!!!!

Alright alright you broken record.... there it puts the lotion on the skin :lol:

losermonkey
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Paid, solo rider.

Ph03niX
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Whose gunna do burnouts???

madvlad
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 07:51 PM

Got in trouble last year so doubt anyone will but who knows lol

Grim2.0
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 07:54 PM

:eyebrows:

AOK303
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM
if grim falls down its an omen of a good ridding year!!!

Grim2.0
Wed Mar 6th, 2013, 08:26 PM
if grim falls down its an omen of a good ridding year!!!

That's already happened this year.

DiddysR6
Thu Mar 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Weather update... Weather.com is showing 67 for a high on Saturday the 16th. Hope that doesnt change

Stuart Little
Thu Mar 7th, 2013, 06:19 PM
I'm out, apparently I'm not quick enough of the payment front...

SaShWhO
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I'm in, Becky will be passengering.:up:

Snowman
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Any pre-parade plans? Breakfast somewhere on route?

Spiderman
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I'm in, Becky will be passengering.

Ummm, Stu...

... because payment is involved, sign up will be a 2-step process (Note: You will only be signed up after both steps have been completed):

Reply to this thread...
Click here to pay (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/ParadeSignup.php) your entry fee(s) and select t-shirt size(s).

I figured we'd do breakfast at our usual spot: Village Inn on 48th & I-25 :dunno:

Spiderman
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Deadline to register is noon today!

rforsythe
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I figured we'd do breakfast at our usual spot: Village Inn on 48th & I-25 :dunno:

Remember that conversation we had a while ago where I mentioned I thought that VI had closed down? ;)

Might want to either verify it's still there, or find another spot. I haven't seen the lights on there the last couple times I've driven by.

Spiderman
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Remember that conversation we had a while ago where I mentioned I thought that VI had closed down? ;)

Might want to either verify it's still there, or find another spot. I haven't seen the lights on there the last couple times I've driven by.

I remember that conversation... do you remember my response where I said I called them, and they're still open, they just close at 3PM every day (http://www.villageinn.com/locations/110066)? ;)

rforsythe
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 11:08 AM
I remember that conversation... do you remember my response where I said I called them, and they're still open, they just close at 3PM every day (http://www.villageinn.com/locations/110066)? ;)

No I don't.:sniper:

asp_125
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 11:08 AM

Just called, they're still there.

Spiderman
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 11:19 AM
No I don't.:sniper:
:slap:

Grim2.0
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Question (in Dwight voice). If I travel to lovely Wyoming this weekend and purchase green smoke bombs will I get in trouble if I use them at the parade? Smoke bombs aren't illegal and I won't use them while going through the parade just in the parking lot while we are waiting.

Snowman
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Maybe after last time "They" don't want "Us" anymore there so they were hiding...

~Barn~
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Deadline to register is noon today!

Done and done.

madvlad
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Done and done.

I was gonna say, get off your lazy butt and ride one of the two beauties you have in your garage man. People will appreciate it!

Sleev
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Question (in Dwight voice). If I travel to lovely Wyoming this weekend and purchase green smoke bombs will I get in trouble if I use them at the parade? Smoke bombs aren't illegal and I won't use them while going through the parade just in the parking lot while we are waiting.
it's always easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission

Grim2.0
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Heading to WY today

madvlad
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I'm sure it'll be fine given all the wheelies and burnouts done last year before they came down :lol:

Grim2.0
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Yea I'm not kidding I called the place and they have green smoke bombs so we are gonna eat some lunch at woodys tavern then head to Wyoming and pick some up.

madvlad
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Hope you take the new car cause it's gonna snow like a beyotch lol

Spiderman
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 04:20 PM
So... I ordered the t-shirts this afternoon, and, believe it or not, they were completely out of the Small, Large and X-Large Unisex Ringer t-shirts!

After looking at all possible alternative, there was only one option that didn't require changing the style of both the guys and girls' shirts (so they would still match), so, instead of a Unisex Ringer t-shirt, the guys will be getting baseball jerseys:

http://www.yourapparelsource.com/live/product/hires/2184-WhiteKelly_b.jpg

~Barn~
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Just doesn't quite have the same "ring" as the original design (http://www.yourapparelsource.com/live/product/hires/2020_b.jpg). =(

Spiderman
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Just doesn't quite have the same "ring" as the original design (http://www.yourapparelsource.com/live/product/hires/2020_b.jpg). =(

The girls will still be getting those.

Grim2.0
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Smoke bombs acquired

~Barn~
Fri Mar 8th, 2013, 09:39 PM
The girls will still be getting those.

Phew!

sloridr
Sat Mar 9th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Damn it just got back home and missed the whole parade thread. Oh well!

Bob can I just buy a t-shirt?

UHATEIT
Sun Mar 10th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Weather should be gorgeous. I knew I should have signed up! Since I missed it but the weather is nice, what's the time and location? I will show up for the afterparty. I've never been too or seen this parade before.

Grim2.0
Sun Mar 10th, 2013, 10:29 AM
There are still spots open but you guys won't get shirts maybe bob will still let you go??

rforsythe
Sun Mar 10th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Probably still have some room in the truck too, I haven't added up the people.

Jdmluvr
Sun Mar 10th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Sorry guys and girls. I would've signed up again this year, but I don't trust my cooling system just yet, still doesn't seem right. You guys having breakfast this year?? I'll ride up and eat with the group!

~Barn~
Sun Mar 10th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Probably still have some room in the truck too, I haven't added up the people.

I have a youngling or two that might want to ride, if there's room for 'em. Lemme know when we get closer, if you don't mind.

rforsythe
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 12:35 PM
I have a youngling or two that might want to ride, if there's room for 'em. Lemme know when we get closer, if you don't mind.

I may start a separate thread for truck riders, I can't keep track at this point.

Spiderman
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Bob can I just buy a t-shirt?
The order was placed on Friday, and I didn't order any extras, but I can ask.

There are still spots open but you guys won't get shirts maybe bob will still let you go??
The whole point of the t-shirts was so all of us riding in the parade would have a look of uniformity. Adding riders after the fact is gonna result in a "one of these things is not like the others" situation. :no:

Spiderman
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Ok, I can still get shirts, but I need sizes ASAP!

Grim2.0
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 01:46 PM
The whole point of the t-shirts was so all of us riding in the parade would have a look of uniformity. Adding riders after the fact is gonna result in a "one of these things is not like the others" situation. :no:

Wait so you are saying i should NOT show up naked then?

asp_125
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 02:10 PM
You mean, these are not ok for the parade?
http://static.zoovy.com/img/bamtar/W600-H600-Bffffff/costumesltd/tv_online/boratthong_green_borat_swimsuit_mankini.jpg

Spiderman
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 02:27 PM
As long as you wear the shirt, I don't care.

You mean, these are not ok for the parade?
http://static.zoovy.com/img/bamtar/W600-H600-Bffffff/costumesltd/tv_online/boratthong_green_borat_swimsuit_mankini.jpg
Same answer as above.

Spiderman
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Does anybody have sloridr's #?

madvlad
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM
just sent him a text message so hopefully he'll log in and get back to you soon

Spiderman
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I got his # from Will & just spoke to him, thanks! 8)

bulldog
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 03:02 PM

As long as you wear the shirt, I don't care.

Damn, are we really ok with Grim showing up pantless :eek:

madvlad
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Damn, are we really ok with Grim showing up pantless :eek:

:no:

rforsythe
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 03:08 PM
If you're planning on riding in the truck, please let me know here:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49697

Spooph
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 04:27 PM
So I've gone over the thread a few times, and maybe I'm blind, but where are we meeting and such the morning of? Or is that sent out in pm/email?

dirkterrell
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 08:57 PM
So I've gone over the thread a few times, and maybe I'm blind, but where are we meeting and such the morning of? Or is that sent out in pm/email?

I'll set up rides as the weather gets better.

madvlad
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 09:00 PM
I'll do a pre-ride for the lakewood/littleton/highlands ranch once bob e-mails the info with times and what not. Most likely meet up at Fay Myers and go from there.

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Uggghhh... this would be an awesome return to riding, but that whole work/on duty crap will be getting in they way. Ya'll have fun!

racinjason
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Awe dang it! Wish I would of signed up. Looks like a blast. Ill ride down antways and try too hook up with you all after the Parade. "racinjason"

UHATEIT
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Yeah I too will try and meet up for the after parade depending on the time and where you guys decide to go. Weather says 40% chance of rain Saturday but I think that's in the evening HOPEFULLY

SaShWhO
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 12:15 PM

it's just a hunch but I'm going with Village Inn (as always)

Jason ON
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I didn't read all 5 pages of comments before making this one, so if it's already been addressed, I apologize:

I'll show up, camera in hand, and take pictures, but I can't ride in the parade this year. If needs be, I'll still fork over the $17 or whatever to participate.

If that's a problem (Bob) let me know.

Spooph
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 01:16 PM
it's just a hunch but I'm going with Village Inn (as always)

Cool, thanks! also, you take troll of the year with the gif in your signature.... :eyebrows:

~Barn~
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 02:32 PM
I didn't read all 5 pages of comments before making this one, so if it's already been addressed, I apologize:

I'll show up, camera in hand, and take pictures, but I can't ride in the parade this year. If needs be, I'll still fork over the $17 or whatever to participate.

Since you're not driving Jason, can I send some money your way, and ask you to buy beer for the "back of the truck" cooler?

@Ralph, we do have a "back of the truck" cooler, right? :think:

bornwildnfree
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Since you're not driving Jason, can I send some money your way, and ask you to buy beer for the "back of the truck" cooler?

Of course there is a back of the truck cooler. It's the one day a year we're a drinking club with a riding problem LMAO. You might want to send the money Bob's way since he is handling the cooler and the beverages inside.

Spiderman
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 03:58 PM

:slap:

Spiderman
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 04:21 PM

Jason, if you want to be the official photographer for this year's parade, that would be greatly appreciated. :up: As for riding in the parade, sign-up ended 4 days, so that wasn't even really an option. Similarly, shirts were already ordered, so, unfortunately, I won't have one for you. Be forewarned, if there isn't enough room in the back of Ralph's truck (see the rules for who gets to ride in the back (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=720643#post720643)), you may need to walk the parade, or jump on the back of someone's bike.

Refreshments (water/beer/etc.) will be provided at the staging area so we can remain hydrated before the parade.

madvlad
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 05:16 PM
As far as time to meet up for breakfast at the V.I, what time would that be so I can do a pre-ride thread? Thanks!

Spiderman
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Let's meet at 8:00AM for breakfast at the Village Inn on 48th, just West of I-25.

racinjason
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 07:00 PM
So stoked. see you all on Saterday. Get some riding in !

~Barn~
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 01:56 PM
So WB... Is the plan to go straight from the VI to the parade "staging" area, or is there going to be an in-between jumping off area? Reason I ask, is I'm wondering to myself if the people who are riding in the back of the drunk... err... truck, are planning on just leaving their bike/car/whatever in the staging area parking lot, or somewhere else?

I just don't see myself leaving my girl in the VI parking lot. :dunno:

rforsythe
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Given the illegalities of piling a bunch of people in the back of a truck on public roads, we definitely will not be loading them up at VI. ;)

Spiderman
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 02:18 PM
We're going to be pre-staging at Faster again this year.

~Barn~
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Given the illegalities of piling a bunch of people in the back of a truck on public roads, we definitely will not be loading them up at VI. ;)
If it were Home Depot, everybody would be cool with it. :D

Home Depot of course, does not serve a hearty breakfast.

Solid.

rforsythe
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 02:55 PM
If it were Home Depot, everybody would be cool with it. :D

If whoever's in my truck feels like coming over afterwards to rototil my yard, I'll consider loading them up at either VI or nearby Home Depot... ;)

madvlad
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I'll make sure to trim the flower bed when I'm over there holmes :lol:

SaShWhO
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 03:49 PM

even though they're out of biz?

madvlad
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 03:51 PM
even though they're out of biz?

Not till the 31st though

Spiderman
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Not till the 31st though

Yup, I just called and confirmed. Us being there on Saturday won't be a problem. 8)

Grim2.0
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I hope you guys n gals have rain gear because according to what the weather guessers "think" is going to happen we are going to need it.

madvlad
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM
oh well, ass freezing ride home it is lol

birchyboy
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 08:52 AM
I hope you guys n gals have rain gear because according to what the weather guessers "think" is going to happen we are going to need it.

You actually trust what they say? Ha!

Grim2.0
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 08:54 AM
You actually trust what they say? Ha!

what the weather guessers "think"

Did you read my post?

Go diddle your SIRI

RajunCajun
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I'm out, DAMMIT! I have a bud that needs some help on Sat morning and I can leave him hanging. Have a great time and I'll try to catch up with you guys after lunch.

rifleshooter
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 06:44 PM
some advice here, team: get them rides cleaned up for parade day!!

Hey, will any semi-hawt wimmyn-types be throwing their undergarments at us? Should we bring beads or anything?

~Barn~
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I like where your head's at.

madvlad
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 08:05 PM
:lol: the only one that got action last year was E.J

Grim2.0
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 08:10 PM
:lol: the only one that got action last year was E.J

Didn't some chick jump on his bike?

I got a pic with all the roller derby chicks and one grabbed my junk.

madvlad
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Didn't some chick jump on his bike?

I got a pic with all the roller derby chicks and one grabbed my junk.

yea that girl did like 2 mins into the parade... haha shit I remember that

madvlad
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Depending on weather reports tomorrow I may be out. I'm not getting soaked, not really my idea of fun.... They had said late afternoon showers and now it seems like a whole day deal, couldn't have been any other day, ain't that a bitch :no:

~Barn~
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Depending on weather reports tomorrow I may be out. I'm not getting soaked, not really my idea of fun.... They had said late afternoon showers and now it seems like a whole day deal, couldn't have been any other day, ain't that a bitch :no:

Come on man.... Just admit you're scared of riding in the rain. We'll respect you more than the whole I'm made of sugar and will dissolve if I get wet routine.

madvlad
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Come on man.... Just admit you're scared of riding in the rain. We'll respect you more than the whole I'm made of sugar and will dissolve if I get wet routine.

You know I'm not a fair weather rider man, I'm game for anything, given I ride my bikes all year round USPS style (rain, sleet or snow).... however given I am on a borrowed bike and getting soaked while standing in the parade for hours is just not my idea of fun... We'll see how it plays out

rforsythe
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Rain isn't supposed to arrive until around 3-4pm in the Denver area. You'll be fine.

madvlad
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Rain isn't supposed to arrive until around 3-4pm in the Denver area. You'll be fine.

Been hearing mixed things but meh, fuck it, not gonna let a little rain ruin my weekend, I'll melt away in the parade :lol:

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 08:12 AM

There are these things called "umbrellas". :D

bulldog
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM
There are these things called "umbrellas". :D Wait, aren't sportbike and umbrellas suppose to have a hot girls attached.
http://www.bogley.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36025&d=1281023586

Better got get this pimping accessory Damir :up:
http://images.fuzing.com/members/1/84/00223184/364756.300x300.jpg

madvlad
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 08:38 AM
There are these things called "umbrellas". :D

I'll attach it to the bike somehow or wear one of those funky umbrella hats :lol:

Wait, aren't sportbike and umbrellas suppose to have a hot girls attached.
http://www.bogley.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36025&d=1281023586

Better got get this pimping accessory Damir :up:
http://images.fuzing.com/members/1/84/00223184/364756.300x300.jpg

Talk about aerodynamics!

bulldog
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I'll attach it to the bike somehow or wear one of those funky umbrella hats :lol:

Talk about aerodynamics! Seriously!!! Like how fast you think it takes before that thing rips off the bike and becomes a flying torpedo :lol:

Grim2.0
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Raingear costs $30 a poncho costs even less.

Adapt to your environment.

UHATEIT
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 09:02 AM

one of these badboys
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzi38d9ea01qi4yz4o1_400.jpg

madvlad
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 09:06 AM

Adapt to your environment.

I guess that's what I get for not picking up that rain gear at the silent auction last time :lol:

Seriously!!! Like how fast you think it takes before that thing rips off the bike and becomes a flying torpedo :lol:

At the whooping walking speed we'll be doing I doubt it will but sure as hell it'd be cool to try that riding though. Probably about 2 blocks before it rips off your head or rips you off the seat lol

one of these badboys
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzi38d9ea01qi4yz4o1_400.jpg

Right you are cotton!

bulldog
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 09:15 AM

Adapt to your environment. Yeah but nearly everyone will have rain gear, but who will have a pimpin cool umbrella attached to their bike or a cool umbrella hat :up:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxk6y13BkY1rn203ao1_400.gif

EDIT: I like this one better :D

http://www.punjabigraphics.com/images/16/pimpin-aint-easy3.jpg

DiddysR6
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Ugh!.. Weather.com's hour by hour forecast shows Rain showers starting as early as 5am

Grim2.0
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 10:45 AM
This thread is full of whiners, it's a free shower suck it up and bring some soap.

bulldog
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 11:02 AM
This thread is full of whiners, it's a free shower suck it up and bring some soap. I prefer my showers naked :D

Grim2.0
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I prefer my showers naked :D

Pretty sure I was told if I wore the shirt it didnt matter what else I had on, or lack thereof.

bulldog
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Pretty sure I was told if I wore the shirt it didnt matter what else I had on, or lack thereof. This is true and we have it in writing from the CSC president!

Grim2.0
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Well even though its a DRZ I washed it and got it semi good looking.

A friendly tip for those who forgot and those who haven't been, be sure to check your coolant levels and top off, the parade moves at a snails pace and your engines be gettin hot from all the revving. Last year there was a gas version of old faithful and a Ducati took a nice shit too. Someone may correct me but I would not put a full tank of gas in since everything will be getting warm there needs to be room for expansion and venting.

See you all tomorrow!

AOK303
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Lucky hope you guys n gals have fun ill be stuck at work oi

DemonRider
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Washed and Ready, although its going to look like rain all day..... I say "F IT" I'm down,,,, although Nikki might be OUT :( she Hasn't been on Bike for 16 Months and may not be as ready as we both thought :( but we are working on it this evening as we have been every time we get a chance these past weeks .... But we will see how she feels about it, I really don't want to rush her

madvlad
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Did a quick clean up, checked on fluids and what not but didn't spend too much time on clean up process as it'll get jacked up in no time anyways lol

Jason ON
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Will see everyone at VI then.

SaShWhO
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Not to rain on y'all's parade but I may not make it.....

to breakfast.

I'm definitely bringing my umbrella girl though,
Come rain or shine

madvlad
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Great time today, it was nice seeing everyone :up:

Grim2.0
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Video be loading gonna be a while its a 6 minute video

dirkterrell
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Good time as always. Grim needs to get better smoke bombs next time though.

~Barn~
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Awesome time today. Great to see everybody who made it out!

madvlad
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Some pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Rollatunerz1022/2013-03-16_09-12-03_768_zps2f823fe5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Rollatunerz1022/2013-03-16_10-06-02_432_zps10ed42c6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Rollatunerz1022/2013-03-16_09-42-18_767_zpsc790667a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/Rollatunerz1022/2013-03-16_09-42-29_780_zpsd37c7e81.jpg

Grim2.0
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Let's see done of dem pro pics!!

losermonkey
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 09:23 PM
This isn't one of those fancy Grim Production video's, but here is some of what I got.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdgT-5l_lIE

Grim2.0
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 10:15 PM
This isn't one of those fancy Grim Production video's, but here is some of what I got.

Here is a fancy Grim production

http://youtu.be/xvB2mYD38Qk

Ph03niX
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Siiiiick man. I might make one with the rest of my videos as well. Damn son you should join the military with all those push ups you can do!

Grim2.0
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Siiiiick man. I might make one with the rest of my videos as well. Damn son you should join the military with all those push ups you can do!

Ex navy

biikChiQ
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 11:04 PM
looked fun. Those kids are so cute.

AOK303
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 11:11 PM
air force does more push ups LOL

GOod vid's looks like you all had a good time
All HAIL CSC

Ph03niX
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Hell yeah it was fun! I'm 80% done with my video so ill have it on here sometime tomorrow! It's badass im not going to lie.

Ex navy
Righteous!

DiddysR6
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Vid look great ! That was an awesome time

DemonRider
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Here are the links to the Videos I got Raw and untouched, they are open sourced so use / take what you want. We had lots of fun and Nikki was wondering if anyone got those last few moments while pulling into Faster? She wants to see it :).

here was the text I got from her LOL: "I'm sad,, I wanna do it again but i wanna go to BRC again in May" ------ I think we got her hooked

Anyway ;) :

http://youtu.be/5R7zbCKTal4

http://youtu.be/vNyxYuyqC_Y

http://youtu.be/Zh60fbIGPxU

madvlad
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Good vid, the kids were the ones loving the bikes. Always good to put a smile on their faces :), surprised the parade marshalls didnt say shit about the burnouts but people loved them :lol:

Ph03niX
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Here are the links to the Videos I got Raw and untouched, they are open sourced so use / take what you want. We had lots of fun and Nikki was wondering if anyone got those last few moments while pulling into Faster? She wants to see it :).

here was the text I got from her LOL: "I'm sad,, I wanna do it again but i wanna go to BRC again in May" ------ I think we got her hooked

Anyway ;) :

http://youtu.be/5R7zbCKTal4

http://youtu.be/vNyxYuyqC_Y

http://youtu.be/Zh60fbIGPxU

How do i download your videos from youtube (in HD)?

Grim2.0
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 09:58 AM

Click your heels three times.

DemonRider
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 10:02 AM

I honestly have no idea, I was told to make them "Common" which I did, so I'm not sure cause I've never done it before.... I'll go try and figure it out

\
EDIT :
Maybe one of the others can chime in but this is what I found:

How to download an MP4 of an upload

Sign into your account.
Click on your username in the top right hand corner of your screen and select Video Manager (http://www.youtube.com/my_videos) from the expanded menu.
Find the video you'd like to download.
Click the arrow next to Edit to open a drop-down menu.
Click Download MP4.

DolphinRider
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I had a great time it was so much fun I loved it I hope I get to ride in next year ride. I hope I didn't let anyone down yesterday!!!! I know I have so much more to learn and lot of room to grow I will take if all in and am open for tips and more learning lessons as well. I had an awesome time yesterday oh and my hands are not sore at all but my butt hurts lol.

madvlad
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 01:53 PM
No way Nikki you did great yesterday, way to step up and welcome back to the show! :up:

Ph03niX
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXDxSvwJErE&feature=youtu.be

My video! :D

AOK303
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 07:56 PM
WOOOO

madvlad
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 08:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXDxSvwJErE&feature=youtu.be

My video! :D

Sick vid dude :up: great song choice as well.... Never a dull moment :lol:

rifleshooter
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 11:06 PM
No way Nikki you did great yesterday, way to step up and welcome back to the show! :up:

Agreed. Happy you're riding with us.

rifleshooter
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 12:31 AM
My put-together vid from before and just after the blessed event, set to Irish musik.

http://youtu.be/a30k9sfCRHY

DiddysR6
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 07:20 AM
All Great vids!

UHATEIT
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 09:38 AM

Great video looks like a lot of fun! Probably could roll the bike without even having to turn it on at that slow pace. Who was rocking the kilt at 1:43 doing the dance in the street? Looked like a red and white R1 I think.

Spiderman
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Who was rocking the kilt at 1:43 doing the dance in the street? Looked like a red and white R1 I think.

:hibye:

UHATEIT
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 10:11 AM
:hibye:

I should have figured that, but did not recognize you with the orange beard.

bulldog
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I like how the "older" guys (over 40) are the ones doing burnouts and wearing kilts in the parade...will they ever grow up :lol: Just kidding guys :D

Grim2.0
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 11:50 AM
"Man you guys should have seen this shit we was rollin down 25 come up on this 18 wheeler and he's like nah man screw it imma sketch this, then he just skated across the whole trailor at 50MPH, shit was crazy man"

What a tool.....bag

Spooph
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Great vids all around!!!

Was that a quote from the rough rider who came over and showed off Grim?

~Barn~
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Great videos you guys. :up:

Spiderman
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Great videos you guys. :up:

+1

Grim2.0
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Great vids all around!!!

Was that a quote from the rough rider who came over and showed off Grim?

Yup!

Spiderman
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 03:10 PM
"Man you guys should have seen this shit we was rollin down 25 come up on this 18 wheeler and he's like nah man screw it imma sketch this, then he just skated across the whole trailor at 50MPH, shit was crazy man"

:wtf: Can I get an English translation, please?

Grim2.0
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 03:19 PM

Sure

"Myself and my comrades were riding on our motorized scooters down Interstate 25, whilst we noticed a very large 18 wheeled truck driving along side of us. my freind then proceeded to say "I am going to stick my foot out and slide it across that truck" in which he then proceeded to do the action unto which he said he was going to do, it was quite the show i must say".

And if that was too complicated to read:

" I was a Squid"

mdub
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 04:00 PM

i can speak Jive

http://bp3.blogger.com/_NxTYNuYWCls/Rl62-_SUuLI/AAAAAAAAAFY/Nv8F9EpWfUo/s400/airplane!.jpeg

madvlad
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 04:28 PM
i can speak Jive

http://bp3.blogger.com/_NxTYNuYWCls/Rl62-_SUuLI/AAAAAAAAAFY/Nv8F9EpWfUo/s400/airplane!.jpeg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m630wqK3yD1ro8ysbo1_500.gif

Spiderman
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Sure

"Myself and my comrades were riding on our motorized scooters down Interstate 25, whilst we noticed a very large 18 wheeled truck driving along side of us. my freind then proceeded to say "I am going to stick my foot out and slide it across that truck" in which he then proceeded to do the action unto which he said he was going to do, it was quite the show i must say".

And if that was too complicated to read:

" I was a Squid"

Ah, jolly good... much obliged!

:shock:

Grim2.0
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 01:19 PM
i can speak Jive

He was white....

Jason ON
Thu Mar 21st, 2013, 09:56 PM
Sorry it took so long guys, but here's my pictures from the parade. Granted, this is only 90 or so of the more than 300 I took that day, but what can I say, some of you have faces that are meant for radio. :lol:

LINKY LINKY (https://picasaweb.google.com/107192195569453684660/StPatrickSParade2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink)

I also have a short YT video of the the parade as well, maybe a minute or so HERE (http://youtu.be/-D3-MEf87XI).

madvlad
Thu Mar 21st, 2013, 10:13 PM
Cool shots man

Grim2.0
Thu Mar 21st, 2013, 10:35 PM
Awesome pics man! So the officer was laughing huh, she must have dug my traffic push-ups chicks love push-ups.

DiddysR6
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Really, Really awesome pics!

Cornfed
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Great Pics!
BWF, are you melting, going through chemo, gave up food for the winter? You look great!

Spooph
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
I can't resist posting this - I mean it's already on the internet, right?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-px_7OoMEWtE/UUvOrzKN54I/AAAAAAAAfjY/4bS9hBXw5Vs/s844/Christy.jpg

Caption?

Also Jason, you post process these at all? Looks like the contrast is up?

Spooph
Fri Mar 22nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
also, don't mean to be an ego freak or anything, but this is hYlarious!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-DThLQU0s6rw/UUvP1l-GpgI/AAAAAAAAfrg/HPLDSS-gnmA/s638/Not+That+Funny+Spooph.jpg

Jason ON
Sat Mar 23rd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Also Jason, you post process these at all? Looks like the contrast is up?

Yeah. Unfortunately with the bland light that day I had to do something.

SaShWhO
Mon Mar 25th, 2013, 03:11 PM
thanks jason

SniperRider
Mon Mar 25th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Had lots of fun everyone ;) , I was "Nicely" informed what too many "Monster" drinks can do to you and well, thank you!!! It was indeed fun to ride in the back of the truck with Barn and a few others, watching all, and waving to the little future riders!