PDA

View Full Version : PMP lapping 15th, 16th, 17th

jgixxer1
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 11:06 AM
anyone interested in lappung at pueblo this weekend? $100 winyer pricing thru march. i'm shooting for this saturday. suppose to be 70°

Grim2.0
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 11:18 AM
anyone interested in lappung at pueblo this weekend? $100 winyer pricing thru march. i'm shooting for this saturday. suppose to be 70°

If i didn't already pay for the parade id be down.

jgixxer1
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 11:26 AM
70's all 3 days

jgixxer1
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 05:41 PM
ok, shooting for friday. looks like temps will be 10° warmer than saturday or sunday. anyone??

i don't wanna be the only bike there, but i'm pumped to see how the new hyper really handles

bcmoore80
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Hey... I'm planning on being there for Friday only, but it is contingent on getting my bike ready this week.. Where are you coming from jgixxer?

-Brian

Aaron
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 02:06 AM
I'll go for one day. Couple things, what do they require gear and bike wise?

I've got full gear but my jacket doesn't zip to my pants all the way around, just the 10 inches in the back.

bcmoore80
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Aaron,

Good question, I'd contact Fasster who is running the event for gear requirements..

Drano
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Stolen from their rules:
http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.us/DocumentCenter/Home/View/4

Leather motorcycle jacket / pants required - no jeans - Textile 2 pc suits that zip together 360 are permitted in the BEGINNER group only.

All leather 1pc or 2pc suits with 360 zipper are required for all intermediate and advanced groups and highly recommended.

bcmoore80
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Drano... are you going?

Drano
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 02:55 AM
It would be fun, but I'm not quite ready for the track yet. I'm pretty sure I still need professional instruction before I'm signed off to participate in lapping days.

Aaron
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Thanks drano, I will try and get the zipper sewn on the jacket before Friday. Looks like I can take the safety class prior to lap day, although I am an SCCA member I'm not sure if I have written proof anywhere that I can think of. It doesn't say anything about needing to swap the anti-freeze out either.

jgixxer1
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Hey... I'm planning on being there for Friday only, but it is contingent on getting my bike ready this week.. Where are you coming from jgixxer?

-Brian

i'm from pueblo

jgixxer1
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 06:11 AM
It would be fun, but I'm not quite ready for the track yet. I'm pretty sure I still need professional instruction before I'm signed off to participate in lapping days.

don't be intimidated. it'd be a perfect learning day. i doubt there will be more than a half dozen bikes out there. in the morning, at orientation, they will let u know what the flags mean, where you can/cannot pass, and where to enter/exit the track. i'm not an instructor but i can give you some pointers and show you some lines.

hope to see you out there.

jgixxer1
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 06:14 AM
I'll go for one day. Couple things, what do they require gear and bike wise?

I've got full gear but my jacket doesn't zip to my pants all the way around, just the 10 inches in the back.

i may have a jacket to work with your pants or pants to work with your jacket. tejnic jacket size 44. joe rocket pants size 34.

Drano
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 06:23 AM
It doesn't say anything about needing to swap the anti-freeze out either.

Personally, I would swap it out anyway. I believe it's because ethylene-glycol contains lubricants that can potentially make a track surface really slick in the event of a crash or a coolant leak.

It would suck to be the guy that delayed or closed the track for the day for everyone else because they had to lay out absorbent compound.

don't be intimidated. it'd be a perfect learning day. i doubt there will be more than a half dozen bikes out there. in the morning, at orientation, they will let u know what the flags mean, where you can/cannot pass, and where to enter/exit the track. i'm not an instructor but i can give you some pointers and show you some lines.

hope to see you out there.
Thanks for the offer. Sadly, I'm also booked on Fridays for the duration of the semester. I'm in one of those classes that has a strict attendance policy. :roll:

BadR6Man
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 06:32 AM
I am looking at being there on sat.

Aaron
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Do you guys run straight water from the tap, distiller water, or water with some other additive?

I've got the pants, just need a jacket. I'm going to try and get the zipper sewn onto my leather jacket, if no luck I'll take you up on the offer! I'm going to be one seriously annoying guy on the track. Corner speeds of a Goldwing with straight away speeds of a Busa.

WolFeYeZ
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Do you guys run straight water from the tap, distiller water, or water with some other additive?

I've got the pants, just need a jacket. I'm going to try and get the zipper sewn onto my leather jacket, if no luck I'll take you up on the offer! I'm going to be one seriously annoying guy on the track. Corner speeds of a Goldwing with straight away speeds of a Busa.

Distilled water ($1 per gallon from the grocery store) and red line water wetter.

Bueller
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Water wetter it's not a necessity, but distilled water is. Do not use tap water.

And as far as corner and straight away speeds, that it's what most group rides are like, so nothing new there.

Aaron
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Ok guys thanks! I'm going to be grabbing my SV1000S and running with that I think, it's easier to flush the coolant in and if I crash it it's not a big deal. I don't ride it as well and it is not nearly as composed and confidence inspiring, but it's cheap.

jgixxer1
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Aaron, what brand of pants do you have? do they have a fine tooth zipper or coarse tooth. does it zip from R to L or L to R?

Aaron
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 01:24 PM
They are A* GP Plus pants, and zip from left to right as you're wearing them. I'm not sure on the zipper being course or fine. I'm going to have my jacket sewn tomorrow though, so I shouldn't need to borrow one. Thanks though!

Aaron
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 03:15 AM
I'm still going, but I'm going to go on Saturday, can't do Friday. I'm hoping drano and/or Clovis can go too.

MarkT
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 07:10 AM
I'm still going, but I'm going to go on Saturday, can't do Friday. I'm hoping drano and/or Clovis can go too.

I might be able to do Sunday. Planning on fixing the oil leak, and putting in new clutch on Saturday. Assuming that goes by without a hitch...

Aaron
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Ya I can't do Sunday either, girls :-/

BadR6Man
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Im changing my day to sunday. Weather is looking better that day. Looks like me and ninja2 will have the track all to ourselves. :)

AOK303
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 10:47 PM
is it a switch day both cars and bike taking turns or bikes only

jgixxer1
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 06:24 AM
cars and bikes will split the hour. getn ready to load up npw. gonna be a beautiful day!

bcmoore80
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 04:54 PM
You guys missed out on a great day.. temperature was perfect, a little breezy though..

Total of 3 bikes and 1 car... all the track time you can handle for $100

:-)

Aaron
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I was going to go today, but didn't have enough time to get my bike ready. Turns out a track day requires a lot more than I had anticipated. I wish we could get more notice next time, then I'd be down for sure.

Ninja2
Sat Mar 16th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I was going to go today, but didn't have enough time to get my bike ready. Turns out a track day requires a lot more than I had anticipated. I wish we could get more notice next time, then I'd be down for sure.

Go here and get on their mailing list: http://www.faasst.com/fmi_pmp_schedule.html
There will be a ton of open lapping opportunities.

And there are some who already had drained the coolant, and just didn't remember, and makes their friend do it again, just to find... there is no coolant..... :oops:

BadR6Man
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Only ninja2 and me here today on bikes. The wing just picked up pretty good and i have gone through almost 10 gallons of gas. One more session. We are both exhausted