PDA

View Full Version : Who is at Fault Scenario?

bulldog
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 02:59 PM
The entire “blame your friend for the crash” really reminds me of a issue two of my friends had many years back from a crash and thought it may be a good discussion.

So who is at fault?

Buddy 1 does a “stoppie” at a red traffic light.

Buddy 2 slams into him from behind; wrecking both of them.

So who is at fault and should pay for damages? On one hand buddy 1 did do a illegal move, but on other hand Buddy 2 was following too close (and not in staggered position).

JKOL
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Buddy 2.

Zach929rr
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Both are at fault.
Cool guy #1 gets a wreckless driving ticket
Leg breaker #2 gets a following too close ticket

Spiderman
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Buddy 2 - If the light was red, he should've been preparing to stop anyway. If he was taking his cue off of Buddy 1 in front of him (instead of the light), he may have thought Buddy 1 was going to run the red light, and may have been accelerating in anticipation.

All this talk of Buddy 1 and Buddy 2 makes me think of this:
One-one was a race horse, Two-two was one too. One-one won one race. Two-two won one too. :lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Easy: "Buddy" 2. "Buddy" 1 was at a full stop, buddy 2 was following too close, and would have hit him anyways. It's almost impossible to get out of a ticket for sslamming into the back of anything stopped. Budy 2 should have to fix both bkes, pay all medical bills, and get bitchslapped :slap: for being a moron.....

longrider
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 03:38 PM
All this talk of Buddy 1 and Buddy 2 makes me think of this:
One-one was a race horse, Two-two was one too. One-one won one race. Two-two won one too. :lol:

Wrong. TwoTwo (http://www.facebook.com/TwoTwoMotorsports) is a well known motocross/supercross racer. ;) :)

Rider #2 is totally at fault. Anytime you hit somebody from behind youa re at fault. Just last Sunday I was heading north on Parker Rd and just before 225 there was a car stopped in the left lane. Had I hit him or had I hit the car in front of me that also had to slam on the brakes I would have been at fault.

Airreed
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 04:16 PM
The Messican is at fault....:eyebrows:

Snowman
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I blame the Society to which we all must live...

Zach929rr
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 04:30 PM

how existential

Grim2.0
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 04:36 PM
:spit: Where is Will and Brad?

Grim2.0
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM

We are all connected though.

Zach929rr
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 04:38 PM
One time I was doing a burnout right next to brad and let go of the brake instead of pulling in the clutch at the end. Sent my hand guard right into his kidney. He didn't find it as funny as I did.

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 04:39 PM
It's Hoopty's fault. :lol:

Grim2.0
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 04:39 PM
One time I was doing a burnout right next to brad and let go of the brake instead of pulling in the clutch at the end. Sent my hand guard right into his kidney. He didn't find it as funny as I did.

That's Brad's fault for not doing a front flip over the hand guard.

willb003
Mon Mar 11th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Moral of the story. Do stoppies randomly in the street, then no one is at fault.

GRIM.....

Aaron
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 02:16 AM
More than likely Buddy 2 is at fault. However if you can prove his brake light became obstructed or not visible during his maneuver and prove that he was in fact doing said maneuver then fault goes 100% to Buddy 1.

Spiderman
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 09:05 AM
More than likely Buddy 2 is at fault. However if you can prove his brake light became obstructed or not visible during his maneuver and prove that he was in fact doing said maneuver then fault goes 100% to Buddy 1.

Interesting... the brake light would've been visible when he first applied the brakes, but not when it was pointed at the sky! :lol:

bulldog
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Well the outcome of the story is that buddy #2 made buddy #1 pay for the damages to his bike...but mainly because buddy #1 is a wuss and agreed to it :D

Not sure I would have paid; mainly because I rode with buddy #1 many times when he did stoppies and I always managed to stop in time.

Grim2.0
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Moral of the story. Do stoppies randomly in the street, then no one is at fault.

GRIM.....

:lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Well the outcome of the story is that buddy #2 made buddy #1 pay for the damages to his bike...but mainly because buddy #1 is a wuss and agreed to it :D

Not sure I would have paid; mainly because I rode with buddy #1 many times when he did stoppies and I always managed to stop in time.
Tell Buddy 1 to grow some ballz, and tell Buddy 2 he's an asshole and should pay Buddy 1 to fix his bike.

Then immediately stop riding with both of them because they're BOTH morons and a danger to ride with....... :)

Ghosty
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Technically and legally Buddy#2 is at fault. BUT that doesn't mean Buddy#1 isn't a fucking idiot for SLAMMING on his brakes at a stoplight without thinking anyone won't be behind him and also have to stop, duh.

And +1 what Aaron said.

bulldog
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Technically and legally Buddy#2 is at fault. BUT that doesn't mean Buddy#1 isn't a fucking idiot for SLAMMING on his brakes at a stoplight without thinking anyone won't be behind him and also have to stop, duh.

And +1 what Aaron said. True, but Buddy #1 was highly known for doing this so it was not like it came out the blue.

Actually now that I think about it, one of the first time I rode solo with Bueller that guy did a huge stoppie in front of me and I slammed on my breaks and avoided the crash because I was staggered and had my distance. I remember thinking no way will this old man stunt so I never even expected it...yet experience saved me!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 12:14 PM
True, but Buddy #1 was highly known for doing this so it was not like it came out the blue.

Actually now that I think about it, one of the first time I rode solo with Bueller that guy did a huge stoppie in front of me and I slammed on my breaks and avoided the crash because I was staggered and had my distance. I remember thinking no way will this old man stunt so I never even expected it...yet experience saved me!
Congrats on not becoming "Buddy 2" to Bueller's "Buddy 1"..... ;)

Oh, and better fix those "breaks"..... :)

Snowman
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Tell Buddy 1 to grow some ballz, and tell Buddy 2 he's an asshole and should pay Buddy 1 to fix his bike.

Then immediately stop riding with both of them because they're BOTH morons and a danger to ride with....... :)Just let Buddy 1 and Buddy 2 believe the shit they pull is cool, so Racer 1 and Racer 2 will have an endless supply of parts at a cheaper slightly used cost...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Just let Buddy 1 and Buddy 2 believe the shit they pull is cool, so Racer 1 and Racer 2 will have an endless supply of parts at a cheaper slightly used cost...
Hah! Slightly used parts..... ;)

bulldog
Tue Mar 12th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Just let Buddy 1 and Buddy 2 believe the shit they pull is cool, so Racer 1 and Racer 2 will have an endless supply of parts at a cheaper slightly used cost... Buddy #1 was a racer for years and very fast! Don't judge ;) :lol:

FZRguy
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Didn't one of these "buddies" earn a broken collar bone out of this "scenario"?

bulldog
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Didn't one of these "buddies" earn a broken collar bone out of this "scenario"? I don't think so, but then again that buddy has crashed so many times I'd need a journal to keep track of them and his injuries :lol:

I actually think buddy #2 broke his wrist in this situation, but it was many years and crashes ago

Mother Goose
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 08:19 AM
You left out the part where Buddy #1 was showing off for a car full of girls, and Buddy #2 was staring as said car full of girls.

bulldog
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 08:23 AM
You left out the part where Buddy #1 was showing off for a car full of girls, and Buddy #2 was staring as said car full of girls. :spit: I totally forgot about that part, but yeah that did have a lot to do with the wreck.

This has got way to personal now and I feel the hidden identities of the "buddies" has been compromised. :lol:

Mother Goose
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 08:52 AM
:spit: I totally forgot about that part, but yeah that did have a lot to do with the wreck.

This has got way to personal now and I feel the hidden identities of the "buddies" has been compromised. :lol:

It's Hoopty's fault. :lol:

:eyebrows:

bulldog
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 09:03 AM
:eyebrows: Shhh!! I am afraid to get beat up by his bodyguard....Ashli! :lol: