PDA

View Full Version : New Rider Coaching Sunday 3.17.13

Cornfed
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Continuation of this thread.
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49628

In an effort to put my money, or time, where my mouth is Im going to do some new rider coaching this Sunday morning. Small group for an hour of chalk talk then a couple hours of controlled canyon riding to practice and critique technique.

I'm not Keith Code or Jason Pridmore but I have had the chance to learn from both of them as well as many other great riders along the way, including Bueller (old guys rule). I have taken the MSF course, all though it was many years ago, and have logged 1000s of street and track miles. I love our sport and am offering to pass along some of my experience to some new riders who are interested in learning. No tricks just wanna pay forward the great mentors I've had over the years.

PM me for details.

Fumet5uNo
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Not a bad idea

DiddysR6
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Not Trying to be a hater on this, as I really think this is a great idea, but..... Are the roads in the canyons dry/un-sanded yet ? might not be a great idea to take newbs up this early in the season

Cornfed
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Not Trying to be a hater on this, as I really think this is a great idea, but..... Are the roads in the canyons dry/un-sanded yet ? might not be a great idea to take newbs up this early in the season

Although I agree there will probably be some sand, that's part of street riding. There is always some sand, cage, cop, dog, deer, bicyclist, road crew, ice, run off, rock slide, pot hole, tar snake, jogger, cruiser, wind storm, cold front, screwing up a perfect ride. Learning to expect the unexpected is how new riders become veterans. Just wanna give a noob a fighting chance at surviving their first couple years on two wheels

madvlad
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Although I agree there will probably be some sand, that's part of street riding. There is always some sand, cage, cop, dog, deer, bicyclist, road crew, ice, run off, rock slide, pot hole, tar snake, jogger, cruiser, wind storm, cold front, screwing up a perfect ride. Learning to expect the unexpected is how new riders become veterans. Just wanna give a noob a fighting chance at surviving their first couple years on two wheels

This, you have to slowly but surely expose yourself to everyday riding to be able to learn and master your craft. Hell we went up squaw pass on full ice and snow a few years ago and made it out just fine to go enjoy some awesome Beau jo's pizza in Idaho springs lol... I may be able to sweep for ya sunday depending on time, gotta take my buddy's 675 daytona out for some love :devious:

Drano
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 06:12 PM
I would love to make this, but Sundays are usually a no-go for me. Good on you for doing this. Some peeps are going to get some valuable instruction. :)

Cornfed
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I would love to make this, but Sundays are usually a no-go for me. Good on you for doing this. Some peeps are going to get some valuable instruction. :)

Thanks for the compliment. I have room for two more and would love to have you join us. Should be some good, real world tips on how to have fun in the canyons AND make it home to ride again. You should be back in the springs by 1:30 if that helps you.

Grim2.0
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I may be in to help with some good tips for people.

Zach929rr
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 08:54 PM

God forbid.

When you feel the front end start to go, just bail off the fucking bike, aight?

Grim2.0
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 09:20 PM
The bike is replaceable.

Gorideintoanothermountainkthanksbye

WolFeYeZ
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 10:21 PM
This, you have to slowly but surely expose yourself to everyday riding to be able to learn and master your craft. Hell we went up squaw pass on full ice and snow a few years ago and made it out just fine to go enjoy some awesome Beau jo's pizza in Idaho springs lol... I may be able to sweep for ya sunday depending on time, gotta take my buddy's 675 daytona out for some love :devious:

The r6 is yours if you want Sunday too, Ill be out of town. It will be GP shift from now on though :P

Drano
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the compliment. I have room for two more and would love to have you join us. Should be some good, real world tips on how to have fun in the canyons AND make it home to ride again. You should be back in the springs by 1:30 if that helps you.

I wish it did, but I have obligations from 11am - 2pm. Enjoy the canyons. I know I'll be wishing I was there. :)

madvlad
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 07:26 AM
The r6 is yours if you want Sunday too, Ill be out of town. It will be GP shift from now on though :P

Hmmm may take you up on that offer :lol:... well Chad if you'd like a sweeper lmk, I'm just there to give you a hand with keeping an eye out in the back of the pack but not to interfere with your process man. As I said lmk, I don't mind helping.

Cornfed
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 09:07 AM

Like proper push up technique in the middle of the street in a line of traffic? Although I can take nothing away from you, your form is great, ya just might wanna save that for Hooligan 101, this is Noob 101.

Hmmm may take you up on that offer :lol:... well Chad if you'd like a sweeper lmk, I'm just there to give you a hand with keeping an eye out in the back of the pack but not to interfere with your process man. As I said lmk, I don't mind helping.

Of course your welcome to come along. This wont be our normal Sunday ride so Im not sure a sweeper is necessary but if your up for a relaxing Sunday cruise Id love to have you. Besides, I havent seen ya in probably a year.

Grim2.0
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Like proper push up technique in the middle of the street in a line of traffic? Although I can take nothing away from you, your form is great, ya just might wanna save that for Hooligan 101, this is Noob 101.

Pushups during a stoplight are a crucial part of riding, it keeps the blood flowing, the muscles loose and the lungs stretched.

madvlad
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Of course your welcome to come along. This wont be our normal Sunday ride so Im not sure a sweeper is necessary but if your up for a relaxing Sunday cruise Id love to have you. Besides, I havent seen ya in probably a year.

You know I ride pretty relaxed for the most part plus after my run in with Morrison a couple of weeks ago after 5 years of no awards I'll be in the chill for quite sometime yet again lol, except that one time at band camp... oh wait wrong story :lol:... that time going up to hwy 7 when you guys found out that I really could ride and it wasn't all talk haha... Just shoot me a text or a PM as far as time and I'm down!

Grim2.0
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 10:43 AM
You know I ride pretty relaxed for the most part plus after my run in with Morrison a couple of weeks ago after 5 years of no awards I'll be in the chill for quite sometime yet again lol, except that one time at band camp... oh wait wrong story :lol:... that time going up to hwy 7 when you guys found out that I really could ride and it wasn't all talk haha... Just shoot me a text or a PM as far as time and I'm down!

Did you get a performance award?

madvlad
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Did you get a performance award?

yep, and not in two wheels which is the worst of all... 5 years of being good and all that shit, made a mistake of passing some bitch on the right cause she was doing 50mph in a 65mph on the left lane but was too busy looking at that dumb bitch and next thing I know there he is!... that Morrison pig didn't even cut me a break that fuck, I could've easily been a dick, cut the lights and just booked the shit and there's no way he would've caught me but no like an honest person I pulled over cause I saw him pulling out and I knew he was coming for me as I know I passed on the right a bit fast cause that lady was just ridiculous but nope just a dick to the core... I hate Morrison police. Not trying to excuse myself for what I did but seriously, what's the point of being good if you can't make a mistake at all and they won't cut you a break for shit. Fucking leeches... :x.... other reason why I hate them is because I got a ticket for doing absolutely nothing but being a good friend and pulling over for my friend who was speeding, but hey no here he thought "shit two birds of one stone, going to be a good month for me!" wrote us both up for the same thing!!!!... went to court to hear his sad ass story, judge just held his face and told me to go home and got the ticket dropped and got that dumbass cop fired or so I heard a few weeks later for lying.

DiddysR6
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 11:12 AM
What was the latest Officers name ? I know a Morrison cop. ( they don't have many ) haha

madvlad
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 12:41 PM
I dk, I have to look at the ticket but doesn't matter. Fuck them anyways, I'll just pay and move on with my life, got better shit to do than fight this bullshit at court

Sean
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 12:48 PM
yep, and not in two wheels which is the worst of all... 5 years of being good and all that shit, made a mistake of passing some bitch on the right cause she was doing 50mph in a 65mph on the left lane but was too busy looking at that dumb bitch and next thing I know there he is!... that Morrison pig didn't even cut me a break that fuck, I could've easily been a dick, cut the lights and just booked the shit and there's no way he would've caught me but no like an honest person I pulled over cause I saw him pulling out and I knew he was coming for me as I know I passed on the right a bit fast cause that lady was just ridiculous but nope just a dick to the core... I hate Morrison police. Not trying to excuse myself for what I did but seriously, what's the point of being good if you can't make a mistake at all and they won't cut you a break for shit. Fucking leeches... :x.... other reason why I hate them is because I got a ticket for doing absolutely nothing but being a good friend and pulling over for my friend who was speeding, but hey no here he thought "shit two birds of one stone, going to be a good month for me!" wrote us both up for the same thing!!!!... went to court to hear his sad ass story, judge just held his face and told me to go home and got the ticket dropped and got that dumbass cop fired or so I heard a few weeks later for lying.So what speed did the cop clock you at when he pulled you over?

NZ Darren
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Excited to be a part of it!
I'll be coming up from the Spgs.

madvlad
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM
So what speed did the cop clock you at when he pulled you over?

Enough of the threadjack, let's just leave it at he probably lied about the speed he said I was doing, not saying I wasn't speeding cause I was but no way in hell that much.... Anyways, I'll be seeing you guys on Sunday to have a good and mellow time :D

Cornfed
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Looks like we are going to have a good group. I have room for one more.

Lookin forward to seeing ya, Token. :D

HOTCARCASS
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Silly kids sportbikes are for crashing...

Vance
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I'm looking forward to this!
Thanks for the opportunity Cornfed!

Cornfed
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 06:13 PM

Noobs, you will probably never hear me say this again, but just this once, do not listen to HOTCARCASS.

madvlad
Thu Mar 14th, 2013, 06:26 PM

Shame on you FOG :no: :lol:

moep
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 01:01 AM
I won't be able to make it because I will be busy till 12 on Sunday.

Cornfed
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 07:47 AM
And registration is closed. Lookin forward to meeting everyone Sunday.

UHATEIT
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 09:33 AM
SHIT I MISSED THIS! I hadn't logged into the site for the last couple of days, just been replying to threads I had subscribed to. Any possibility of another rider? My first season was last season, Took the MSF with Bob at RMCC last May, already had a lowside in August on a CSC ride. Been very timid and slow since the crash and need to build my confidence and need some noob 101 and advice. I'll PM you and check on time if able to ad me to the list!

sloridr
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I'm gonna talk with Grim and see f we can throw some random wild right hand in the dirt passes on your noobs.... J/K

Good on you for doing this! When it comes time for some sumo:makeout: fun hit me up!!!

UHATEIT
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 12:25 PM
PM sent! being a noob I can really benefit from the help of an advanced rider like yourself to help me get my confidence back in my riding

Cornfed
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I'm gonna talk with Grim and see f we can throw some random wild right hand in the dirt passes on your noobs.... J/K

Good on you for doing this! When it comes time for some sumo:makeout: fun hit me up!!!

LOL. Well thats better than having a rake thrown at ya. Too bad Grim didnt get any footage of it. Crazy broad.

HOTCARCASS
Fri Mar 15th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Noobs, you will probably never hear me say this again, but just this once, do not listen to HOTCARCASS.

I know I know what a punk. Mr fed is doing what this club should be offering on a regular basis. It would make us a club not just a social group. Mr. Fed has a very good and honorable offering. Could be the discriminater between life and death. Like samko said its on the club when noobs hurt there boobs.
Corn is a RIPPER

Cornfed
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 03:13 PM
The debut of noob coaching went well. No crashes, good group, decent weather.
I hope those who participated found something they can use to improve their technique and make them an overall safer rider.

NZ Darren
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Thx for taking the time to do this for us, I got a ton out of it.

UHATEIT
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Thanks so much dude! I learned some valuable stuff I need to work on. Thanks for working with and dealing with my lameness. Sorry for the 50th time for holding up the group and seriously being a poon about pushing myself. The low speed was great. Really liked the castle pines view. Something that sucked today was the ton of wind. The ride home was freakin gusty as hell. I was getting blown all over the road down 285. Ill keep practicing what you've taught me today and hopefully get the confidence back!

madvlad
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Glad to see that you guys/girls were able to gain something from this :up: practice time!

Cornfed
Sun Mar 17th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Thanks so much dude! I learned some valuable stuff I need to work on. Thanks for working with and dealing with my lameness. Sorry for the 50th time for holding up the group and seriously being a poon about pushing myself. The low speed was great. Really liked the castle pines view. Something that sucked today was the ton of wind. The ride home was freakin gusty as hell. I was getting blown all over the road down 285. Ill keep practicing what you've taught me today and hopefully get the confidence back!

Nobody minds waiting for you. Everybody hates it when you crash. You did a great job of riding at your ability, which is different for all of us. Work on technique, speed and confidence will follow.

rifleshooter
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Oh man, when will we hold another of these?

Cornfed
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Oh man, when will we hold another of these?

I'd like to think once a month. I'm game to do it again and I think there are others who are willing to pass along their experiences. I'm sure someone will post up for a class in April.

AOK303
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 08:00 PM
why was i not invited i feel noobed left out

asp_125
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I'd like to think once a month. I'm game to do it again and I think there are others who are willing to pass along their experiences. I'm sure someone will post up for a class in April.

Yes, stay tuned. I'm trying to nail down a date about mid April.