PDA

View Full Version : YAY! My Vanity Plate was approved!

Vance
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Yes, I'm contributing unnecessary funds to our state gubberment... making it easier to track me down.

My (first and only) vanity plate was approved today for the Mille!

madvlad
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Sick dude, I wanted one for the R1 when I had it. Sure will be getting one for my next bike!

Drama
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:38 PM
so...what did you get?

bulldog
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:40 PM
How did they fit "Scared to leave house without my gun" on a plate! :lol:

j0ker
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:43 PM
WTF? You didn't tell us what you got? I can't handle the suspense.

Grim2.0
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I was looking into getting a "Grim" plate but it seems like a PIA to do, perhaps you can embrace us with your experience endearing the hurdles and battle of the DMV?

Sleev
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:52 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/73635/thumbs/s-TOFU-large.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/08/ilvtofu-license-plate-req_n_184856.html

Owen_R6
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Waiting to see what the plate is!!

A guy on my mustang forum somehow got "PIITB" approved...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8016/7242836296_ea9e5ec1f7_b.jpg

Ezzzzy1
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:56 PM
My buddy duped them for sure :lol:

He said that his Moms name was "Gina" and that he loved her

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/DSC00023-1_zpsfeaef2a7.jpg

Grim2.0
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 12:57 PM
My buddy duped them for sure :lol:

He said that his Moms name was "Gina" and that he loved her

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/DSC00023-1_zpsfeaef2a7.jpg

:applause:

Vance
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 01:02 PM
How did they fit "Scared to leave house without my gun" on a plate! :lol:

S2LHWOMG? yeah no...

WTF? You didn't tell us what you got? I can't handle the suspense.

so...what did you get?

I went for 60DEGV - 60Degree V-Twin.

I was originally thinking of going for SRENTY and/or SERNTY and/or SRNITY --- but the woman at Arapahoe County plates & registration desk was nice enough to look them up and tell me those were already taken when I was registering her.

THERPY / THRAPY, DUCETR and HDHTR are all also apparently taken (if she spelled them right in checking)

:)

I was looking into getting a "Grim" plate but it seems like a PIA to do, perhaps you can embrace us with your experience endearing the hurdles and battle of the DMV?

Honestly with the woman at the registration / plate county office being nice enough to check off some of my choices - it was really easy. Just fill out the form you get online, give them some backups (if you aren't able to check / get someone nice at the registration / plates desk) and mail it off (or I guess drop it off if you're in that area).

They got back to me within 3 weeks of sending it in.

The only thing is now - it can take up to 10 weeks to get my plate from receipt of payment, so that's a bit of a wait! Oh well.

Zach929rr
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Should have gone with OPISFAG

Ezzzzy1
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 01:08 PM

Its not that bad... I just got Mo-Door for the Denali (or will have) and its just paperwork. You might even be able to find all that online.

The lady did check the system for me before I filed though so I knew that within a few weeks it was still available.

tecknojoe
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I got SHART on a virginia plate a couple years ago. Had to spell it out vocally for the woman at the counter too.

:lol:

Vance
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Its not that bad... I just got Mo-Door for the Denali (or will have) and its just paperwork. You might even be able to find all that online.

The lady did check the system for me before I filed though so I knew that within a few weeks it was still available.

Yeah I'm betting GRIM / GRIMM / GRIMM / GRIMMM would be available in one of those iterations.

You don't send in any money until the plate is approved - so all it costs is is a stamp and some printer ink - or just hit up your county plate office and ask them to check it for you.

Grim2.0
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 01:25 PM
How much is the plate?

Ezzzzy1
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah I'm betting GRIM / GRIMM / GRIMM / GRIMMM would be available in one of those iterations.

You don't send in any money until the plate is approved - so all it costs is is a stamp and some printer ink - or just hit up your county plate office and ask them to check it for you.

You could also do Grim 2.0 :lol:

GR1M

Ezzzzy1
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 01:27 PM
How much is the plate?

Depends on what version you get... id "respect life" (but drive like shit:lol:) etc

I think mine were $50 but you get a credit back for what you have already paid. That and they ding you every year for a little more

Vance
$58.00 for initial plate... $25 / yr extra on registration renewal.
But when I get this I should be able to turn in my new plate for a credit, so, that'll be good! :)

mdub
screw giving the gov't anymore money....

Ghosty
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 01:49 PM
What's PIITB? (I know, I'm slow, lol)

I've thought of many for my (black) Supra, but most are probably taken:

VADER
BLAKJET
JAP-SR71
HYPRSPC

Vance
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 01:59 PM
What's PIITB? (I know, I'm slow, lol)

I've thought of many for my (black) Supra, but most are probably taken:

VADER
BLAKJET
JAP-SR71
HYPRSPC

They'd reject JAP-SR71 as "Jap" is considered a racial slur.

mdub
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 02:05 PM
They'd reject JAP-SR71 as "Jap" is considered a racial slur.

....and i've seen 231-fag....go figure.

Vance
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 02:15 PM
....and i've seen 231-fag....go figure.

All it would take is one complaint to the DMV that it's offensive and the process would start to have it yanked. The plate owner would have to justify why it wasn't offensive at that point.

Ghosty
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Dang, ridiculous oversensitive overly-politically-correct bullshit yet again. People have too thin a skin and huge chips on their shoulder over 1960's bullshit that doesn't even apply anymore. Oh well, I really like that one too, it's one of my favorite planes. Plus I love Jap cars as much as American muscle, so it's a compliment anyway. I never see Indians complain about this type of shit, or maybe I just missed the one time they did.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leee7dIpMu1qex36wo1_500.jpg

asp_125
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Can you request random text and numbers? Like I1I B8O ... or something equally hard to read?

dm_gsxr
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I had a Virginia FOAD plate for the Harley years back and Maryland, then Virginia DM-AD&D for the 300 ZX back in the late 80's.

How about 'KEEP-UP' for the 'busa? :D

Carl

Sully
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 03:35 PM
screw giving the gov't anymore money....

tru dat :guns: bastards!

Besides, if you decide to piss someone off because you're on a bike or whatever, personalized plates are easier to remember :wtf:.. So I'll stick with my govt. issued random letters and numbers..

madvlad
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM
tru dat :guns: bastards!

Besides, if you decide to piss someone off because you're on a bike or whatever, personalized plates are easier to remember :wtf:.. So I'll stick with my govt. issued random letters and numbers..

Stop riding like a hooligan then dood :lol:

mdub
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Dang, ridiculous oversensitive overly-politically-correct bullshit yet again. People have too thin a skin and huge chips on their shoulder over 1960's bullshit that doesn't even apply anymore. Oh well, I really like that one too, it's one of my favorite planes. Plus I love Jap cars as much as American muscle, so it's a compliment anyway. I never see Indians complain about this type of shit, or maybe I just missed the one time they did.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leee7dIpMu1qex36wo1_500.jpg

nice self cartoon portrait. :bday:

Sully
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Stop riding like a hooligan then dood :lol:

:bigeyes: :twisted: Zip it or I'll take your cheesy bread rolls away!.... :lol:

madvlad
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 04:28 PM
:bigeyes: :twisted: Zip it or I'll take your cheesy bread rolls away!.... :lol:

Okay mom :roll:

mdub
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 05:36 PM
wait i thought ya guys were married??!!!! :D

Oddibe
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 05:57 PM
LOL! In KC I had NFUQ2. Don't know how that was slipped by...

madvlad
Wed Mar 13th, 2013, 06:29 PM
wait i thought ya guys were married??!!!! :D

I'm foreigner and weird man, what can I say :lol: