PDA

View Full Version : WHAT?! We just got awesome tv/internet!!

tecknojoe
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 07:35 AM
I just checked and it's showing that Verizon Fios is available in the denver area. Can this be true???! Fios is 100x better than comcrap. Is this true or is fiosfinder a bullshit site?

I might need to make a phone call when i get home.

Edit: removed link because it's a fishy site

longrider
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 07:39 AM
There has to be problem with that website. I tried out here in Elizabeth and it said it was available and I know that to be false

DiddysR6
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 08:06 AM
I just went to the Verizon site, popped in my zip and it said not available

Filo
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 08:20 AM
My guess is that if there is a single address in the zip code that can get the service, they say it is available in that zip code. An address or street based search would be more beneficial and accurate.

They say I can get it, and we barely get electricity where I live, not to mention high speed fiber optic internet.

Also, the website is not owned by Verizon, it is just some 2nd company.

Try this instead: http://www22.verizon.com/?lid=//global//residential

longrider
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 08:37 AM
That site is definitely broken. I tried a couple small towns in Wyoming and they both allegedly had service. Wheatland, being on I25, I thought it was doubtful but maybe so I tried Dubois, a little tiny town SE of Yellowstone. It came up yes.

madvlad
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Probably be better to call and hear it first hand from an associate as of what areas get covered

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 09:26 AM
On that site, if you click the button on the right that says "check availability now", they ask you for all of your info, including social security number. Seems pretty shady to me. You'd think that they'd direct you to Verizon's site.

tecknojoe
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
On that site, if you click the button on the right that says "check availability now", they ask you for all of your info, including social security number. Seems pretty shady to me. You'd think that they'd direct you to Verizon's site.

:lol:

Dag I only selected colorado and the zip, I didn't do the full scam form

Well shit, I was pretty excited. Monday sucks again :down:

NZ Darren
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I work for Verizon and fios is not expanding and probably never will. The money now is all in wireless