PDA

View Full Version : SVT Raptor

675Rider
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Does anyone have one? Are they all they are hyped up to be? Possibly my next truck but not totally sold. Never been in one or anything. For as much as they cost they should be totally bad ass.

spideyrdr
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Does anyone have one? Are they all they are hyped up to be? Possibly my next truck but not totally sold. Never been in one or anything. For as much as they cost they should be totally bad ass.
I don't personally own one but my buddy does, I've ridden in it while we towed his Jeep down from the mountains and also while going up skiing and it's a nice truck. It performed superbly while towing, it never even seemed to care there was another vehicle back there coming down 285 all the way from Buena Vista to Highlands Ranch. I was impressed with it. So, from a passenger standpoint, I had nothing at all to complain about. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for it. :)

Jamie

sag
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 08:31 PM
dont own one but have been in them. the 5.4 blows, and so do extended cabs. i wouldnt do anything but the 6.2 supercrew in a raptor. theyre fun and look awesome imo. i wouldnt ever wheel or jump one but thats just me, you could make a far more capable rig for any off road activity for much cheaper. theyre definitely a cool mall crawler though. id be wary about a used one and how it was treated. also, 35'' tires and fox shocks are some $$$ wear items. you can get off road rides in them at miller for like 20 bucks.

my good friend was pretty set on one until going to the dealer, he came back in an f150 platinum 6.2 instead. went for the luxury, and it is a damn nice truck. you really just have to go check one out and ask yourself if thats the kind of hardware you want.

TransNone13
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 08:54 PM
The Border Patrol has hundreds if not thousands, good use of tax dollars. Can't go wrong if DHS has them...

birchyboy
Mon Mar 18th, 2013, 09:23 PM
I've looked at them and they are cool. There were some issues with the earlier ones bending the frames over the rear axle if they were driven hard at all. If you're looking at used ones, do some research into that issue and check out any trucks thoroughly.

Fumet5uNo
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Had one back when they came out in 10 to be honest it was a nice truck but unless ur running baja or off roading all the time it was a complete waste of money

mdub
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 07:24 AM
For a ford it looks good. Sounds good too. Prolly Grt to go over medians if stuck in traffic. Over the wk end I went and look at a limited tundra. Think I'm gonna get one in few months.

madvlad
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 07:25 AM
You can build a far better truck for the 60k they're asking, imho.

Keyser Soze
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 08:45 AM
You can build a far better truck for the 60k they're asking, imho.

I dunno, from what I've read, it's quite the opposite. To build a brand new truck with all of those options, no way you're gonna do it under 60k. SVT's have a lotta bells and whistles and that suspension is $$$.

madvlad
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I dunno, from what I've read, it's quite the opposite. To build a brand new truck with all of those options, no way you're gonna do it under 60k. SVT's have a lotta bells and whistles and that suspension is $$$.

Mike Ward bought one and to be honest with you, not worth 60k in my book but imho. If you feel that it does the job for you and you can justify the money hell go for it lol

Grim2.0
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 09:15 AM
I heard those trucks drop panties faster than Skrillex drops the bass.

bulldog
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 09:19 AM
I heard those trucks drop panties faster than Skrillex drops the bass. Funny you say that because my buddy rolled by my house a while back and my fiance came home and first thing out her mouth when she walked in was "OMG, who's truck is that...it's soooo nice! I want a Raptor." and then we all had to go out and get the presentation :D

P.S. Luckily her panties did not drop at that point :lol:

I agree though, it was a nice truck! It was the 6.2 model :up:

Drama
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 09:25 AM
I looked at one, but it was too much money for me. Plus its way more offroad capability than I need.

I'm going to buy a 2013 fx4 instead, most likely in the next week or two. i'm going to get the ecoboost. relaly enjoyed it during my test drives.

bulldog
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 09:34 AM
I looked at one, but it was too much money for me. Plus its way more offroad capability than I need.

I'm going to buy a 2013 fx4 instead, most likely in the next week or two. i'm going to get the ecoboost. relaly enjoyed it during my test drives. My buddy bought his used and saved a ton of cash. 675Rider you may want to consider that option over new.

Jmetz
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 10:24 AM
When I was looking a while back, in my reading the general consensus was the FX4 was bullshit and you're better off getting a higher package like an XLT or Lariat.

JKOL
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 11:19 AM
When I was looking a while back, in my reading the general consensus was the FX4 was bullshit and you're better off getting a higher package like an XLT or Lariat.

I would not agree with that. I have a 2010 FX4 that I bought new. The XLT isn't a good comparison with the Lariat or FX4. The Lariat and FX4 are very similar except for a few key differences, but both can be optioned out to be into the $40K easily. I chose the FX4 over Lariat because I hate chrome, I wanted the locking differential, and I wanted the skidplates for added protection. I also liked the interior better.

The Raptor is a badass truck. They only had the supercab out when I bought my truck, so I didn't really consider it since I knew I wanted the added room of the supercrew. My dad and I test drove a Raptor when he was looking to get out of his Chevy P/U, and it was an absolute beast. The Fox suspension rides like a Caddy on the highway and handles bumps and other offroad stuff far better than my FX4. The added power was noticeable too. Ultimately he went with a 2012 Platinum with the Ecoboost. The Raptor being 3" wider and also taller than other F150s just didn't fit my dads daily driver needs. The fuel consumption of the 6.2L was another big issue.

If you are serious about a Raptor, let me know. The dealership I bought my truck from in KS sells them basically at Ford employee pricing. I have seen new Raptors for low to mid $50s in KS, compared to $60s in CO. The cost of flight to KC and driving back to CO would still come out thousands ahead.

Airreed
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I own a 2009 F150 Lariet SuperCrew and I think the Raptor is a "panty dropper"...but I never saw myself taking a 55K truck off any "sweet jumps" or mud bogging...Also, I know it's a truck so gas milage sucks balls, but the 6.2 engine gets under 12 MPG....my 5.4 when i had stock tires was 18-20 MPG.

If I was single and $$$ wasn't an issue I'd rock the Raptor, but I'm married with kids so it was the Lariet with all the bells and whistles.

Drama
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 03:38 PM
My buddy bought his used and saved a ton of cash.

I need to go into the final round of negotiations on the truck, but it looks like new is a better deal than used right now on the fx4s. I'm only seeing a few 2011-2012 FX4s with ecoboost and they want $36-$39k with about 20k miles. I can get a new 2013 for $41 + tax. I put on under 12k a year so it seems like new is a good option for me.

madvlad
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 03:49 PM
If you plan to have the truck past the bumper to bumper just make sure to pick up a good extended warranty plan that'll cover things properly, it'll save you some good money down the road. Just make sure to read the fine print and make sure to find out what it does cover and it doesn't cause finance people tend to lie and sell you some shitty plan they make good comission out of so just throwing that out there.

bulldog
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I need to go into the final round of negotiations on the truck, but it looks like new is a better deal than used right now on the fx4s. I'm only seeing a few 2011-2012 FX4s with ecoboost and they want $36-$39k with about 20k miles. I can get a new 2013 for $41 + tax. I put on under 12k a year so it seems like new is a good option for me. Hell yeah even better since you can normally get a better interest rate on a new vehicle vs a used!

I am a huge lover of 0% interest; paid a new car off in a few years that way!

675Rider
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I have looked for used Raptors, but they are all only a few thousand less with a decent amount of milage. They must really hold their value well.

My wife is actually all for it. Im not totally sold on the idea yet though. Thats a lot of track days for $800 a month!

They are so bad ass though...

derekm
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Ecoboost + livernois tune...

laspariahs
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 09:07 AM
The raptor is awesome..... I don't know why everyone keeps saying they are a 60k truck they start at 43k, 45k with the supercrew, I just built one on the Ford site and it's 47,465.

madvlad
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 09:13 AM
The raptor is awesome..... I don't know why everyone keeps saying they are a 60k truck they start at 43k, 45k with the supercrew, I just built one on the Ford site and it's 47,465.

Remember that it's estimated, each dealer does a luxury fee or gas guzzler tax which adds another 5k+ for special models like those. When the SRT8 Grand Cherokee came out, all Jeep dealers across the country added another $5,000 in a gas guzzler tax on top of the MSRP which can't be negotiated. The window sticker on the one that my boss just got a week ago was $56k and change and add tax and what not so it adds up

JKOL
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Like I said, the dealer I got my truck from in KC has amazing prices on all trucks, Raptors included. No haggling, just walk in and tell them what you want. $51K for a Raptor with a lot of options. If someone is spending $60K, they aren't trying very had to find a good deal, or they just don't know where to look.
http://louisburgford.com/2013-Ford-F-150-Kansas-City-KS/vd/13867913

laspariahs
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Remember that it's estimated, each dealer does a luxury fee or gas guzzler tax which adds another 5k+ for special models like those. When the SRT8 Grand Cherokee came out, all Jeep dealers across the country added another $5,000 in a gas guzzler tax on top of the MSRP which can't be negotiated. The window sticker on the one that my boss just got a week ago was $56k and change and add tax and what not so it adds up

I would never pay a dealer mark up. The ford site isn't estimated, it's MSRP, which I wouldn't even pay.

If the government is putting a gas guzzler tax on it, that's fine and a different situation.

I know dealers try this crap but it wouldn't work if well people weren't suckers.

madvlad
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 09:41 AM
I'm just saying what I see from what happens around me in the dealer world man, I'm sure searching and what not would find a better deal and so on.

salsashark
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 02:12 PM
In just in case the MSRP wasn't high enough for these trucks, let's tack on another $18K for this bad boy!

http://blog.powerblocktv.com/shelby-american-delivers-power-in-new-ford-raptor-package-at-new-york-auto-show-2013/

http://blog.powerblocktv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Shelby-American-Ford-Raptor-PowerBlock.png

bulldog
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 02:15 PM
In just in case the MSRP wasn't high enough for these trucks, let's tack on another $18K for this bad boy!

http://blog.powerblocktv.com/shelby-american-delivers-power-in-new-ford-raptor-package-at-new-york-auto-show-2013/

http://blog.powerblocktv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Shelby-American-Ford-Raptor-PowerBlock.png Yeah but a Supercharger :drool:

Shelby American takes the impressive Ford SVT Raptor and adds some “Shelby Magic” to create the ultimate muscle truck. By forcing air through a 2.9 liter supercharger mounted on the massive 6.2L V8 engine, and then out of the Shelby Borla exhaust system, Shelby American takes the stock 411 HP rating and kicks it up to 575 HP. A six-speed automatic transfers power to all four wheels and features a manual mode to give the driver complete gear selection control.

Keyser Soze
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 02:22 PM
God that wrap looks like shit.

You can buy a Whipple or Kenne Bell for less than 18k. Supporting mods to boot. Might be close, but still gotta be less than the price tag for a name.

Edit:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/whipple-2010-2012-svt-6-2l-raptor-2-9l-intercooled-supercharger-tuner-kit-polished.html