PDA

View Full Version : Mean Green #2

thatmofo
Tue Mar 19th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Found this epic deal after a TON of hunting - less than 5,000 miles on it and a free jacket! Was going to pickup a Ninja 300, but for a little more I came across this and met the coolest bike sellers ever!

It feels like a bicycle though size and weight wise compared to my old ZX-14, seriously. I will have to take a picture of the two side by side. I feel like a giant on it compared to when I rode the ZX-14. Going to be taking it nice and slow because I can't afford another court appearance.

I will have to take this to the drag strip to open it up and see how it does up to 130 mph.

After I get used to how it brakes and handles I will have to jump in on a Dirty South ride or two if I can get a break from work.

Frame sliders, spools, bike stand, and fender eliminator to come. Going to leave it stock and reliable.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/itsthatmofo/ZX-10R/firstpicture_zps6ef82166.jpg

Drano
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Congratulations on the new-to-you ride. We'll look forward to having you with us on some rides this summer. The more the merrier! :D

madvlad
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Leafy bug! Congrats man :up: enjoy!

MarkT
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Very nice! hope you invested in nice weather to go with it.

j0ker
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Nice looking ninja. Is that the zx-10? What year? Real nice rides!

DiddysR6
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Really good looking Kawi. Congrats!

Ghosty
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Nice looking ninja. Is that the zx-10? What year? Real nice rides!
Yep it's a ZX10R, and he got a smokin' deal on it, considering the low miles. Congrats Sean!

j0ker
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 01:58 PM
um... good luck going slow on that monster. :D

Grant H.
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 02:17 PM
You bought a ZX10 to go slow compared to a ZX14?

I'm missing something here...

My 1k wants to run faster and harder than my brothers ZX14.

ETA: Nice bike though.

Wrider
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 02:26 PM
I'm with the two above... Didn't you sell the 14 to keep out of trouble? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a 10 isn't gonna help you much in that regard.

j0ker
Wed Mar 20th, 2013, 02:28 PM
The 10 is much more race oriented to me. My 14 feels like a motorboat its so big sometimes.

Good luck on going slow!

thatmofo
Thu Mar 21st, 2013, 12:54 AM
Thanks all. Yes it's a ZX-10.

First impression is that it is not as comfortable to ride around town as my ZX-14 was. You lean forward quite a bit more. I guess it's been so long since I had my ZX-6R that I forgot how uncomfortable it was.

The low end torque is not there like it is with the ZX-14, but I have a feeling that this thing will liven up in the upper rev range. I have only had it up to 65 so far, so I haven't had a chance to fully compare the power of the two bikes. Just taking my time with this bike. It still has the stock tires and chicken strips so I need to work my way to getting rid of those first before I take it up to speed on the track.

The gearing feels quite a bit different when in 6th gear compared to the 14. The 14 felt like it was barely doing any work, but the 10R is doing something alright.

Can't wait to hit the clover leafs in town with this though after I get some knee protection.

I know this isn't the "best" bike to have to not get a speeding ticket, but you have to push this bike to get it to move and you definitely hear it working. The 14 was very easy to get moving and you didn't even feel like you were going fast.

As far as a 1000cc being faster than a 14, you obviously were doing under 150.

j0ker
Thu Mar 21st, 2013, 07:55 AM
As far as a 1000cc being faster than a 14, you obviously were doing under 150.

Where is the +1 button?!

thatmofo
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 12:35 AM
I took the bike out for a short ride to warm the bike up. It still feels like a bicycle! I would have lost my mind if I bought a Ninja 300 instead of this bike. I should put LTL BYK plates on this thing.

BadR6Man
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Im with you sean. The bigger bikes are more comfy.....
I will never get rid of grandpa..aka... FJ1200...:twisted:

Oddibe
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 11:09 PM
My busa wasn't much more comfy than my gsxr 1k. The big bitch was a handful in the canyons. She wanted room to romp, not on/off throttling... So I have her the boot! ;-)

Grant H.
Thu Mar 28th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Where is the +1 button?!

I have had both bikes over 150.

Do I actually think my 1k is faster than the ZX14? Probably not.

I said my 1k feels like it wants to run harder than the ZX14. Maybe a better way to phrase it is that it wants to be run harder.

To me, the 14 is a sport tour with a crap ton of power.

My 1k is machine designed to race.

Either way, enjoy the new bike, but don't assume it will keep you from getting tickets.